Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scafativ

Offline Message Bot Named 'Gossip'

I want to let everybody know about a CEL sponsored bot named 'Gossip'. You can use her to leave a message for a player that is not online, and when that player logs in she will automatically deliver the message by PM.

Being a gossip, she also spreads rumors- if you tell her a rumor, she will pass it on to the next player that she interacts with- be careful though- rumors are attributed to you, so if you're stuipd about what you say, you'll have to answer to the game mods. The best rumors will be recycled periodically.

Also, she will tell another player that he or she has a 'secret admirer', but not tell them who, of course.

Lastly, she can tell you about another player, such as when they were last logged in.

More fun features in the works....

A full explanation of Gossip use can be found at:

http://www.el-cel.com/info/gossip.php

scafativ

hi :D

well i know the old CEL website had a gossip explanation, but the new doesn't seem to have one.

I have a question concerning Gossip actually, and no-one seems to be able to answer it. How do you change or delete a biography line set in Gossip?

( /gossip help didn't explain, help channels didn't seem to know and neither did the CEL members I pmed).

so if you can tell me how to change a bio line in gossip, that would be nice :)

greetings,

Melisande

If I remember correctly, it was something like /gossip mybio <line number (1-4> Message

ex: /gossip mybio 1 I'm Atlantis

Just checked/confirmed it to be correct. Also, you just type /gossip <command> (without anything else after it) to get info about how to use it.

Edited by Atlantis

If I remember correctly, it was something like /gossip mybio <line number (1-4> Message

ex: /gossip mybio 1 I'm Atlantis

Just checked/confirmed it to be correct. Also, you just type /gossip command (without anything else after it) to get info about how to use it.

That's right, Atlantis. If you want to know how to use Gossip, just type help for a list of all her commands, and then type a command, by itself, to learn more about it.

scaf

If you want to know how to use Gossip, just type help for a list of all her commands, and then type a command, by itself, to learn more about it.

I checked both

/gossip help

and

/gossip commands

again, and I really can't find the one to change a bio line.

however

/gossip mybio <line nr> seems to work perfectly, so tyvm all :icon8:

I have the same problem as Melisande. No mybio shows up for me either.

[PM to Gossip: help]

[PM from Gossip: Hi, here are my commands:]

[PM from Gossip: TELL, OPTIONS, RUMOR, ADMIRE, SUBSCRIBE, MATCHME, MEMBERS, GUILDIES]

[PM from Gossip: MYEMAIL, LOCATION, LOTTERY, JOKER, SPECIALDAY, ABUSE, SUGGESTION]

[PM from Gossip: Cross-server commands: TELEGRAM, SPY]

[PM from Gossip: I can send messages to players that are offline, spread rumors, etc.]

[PM from Gossip: I can also match you with another player that has similar stats so that you can pvp, or email you when a special day starts.]

[PM from Gossip: My new commands! PROFILE and SET!]

[PM to Gossip: command]

[PM from Gossip: Hi, here are my commands:]

[PM from Gossip: TELL, OPTIONS, RUMOR, ADMIRE, SUBSCRIBE, MATCHME, MEMBERS, GUILDIES]

[PM from Gossip: MYEMAIL, LOCATION, LOTTERY, JOKER, SPECIALDAY, ABUSE, SUGGESTION]

[PM from Gossip: Cross-server commands: TELEGRAM, SPY]

[PM from Gossip: I can send messages to players that are offline, spread rumors, etc.]

[PM from Gossip: I can also match you with another player that has similar stats so that you can pvp, or email you when a special day starts.]

[PM from Gossip: My new commands! PROFILE and SET!]

I think its because CEL recently changed some of the commands (and the website)

and forgot to mention the biography line :D

this being said maybe Gossip can include that command again in /gossip help ?

I think its because CEL recently changed some of the commands (and the website)

and forgot to mention the biography line :(

this being said maybe Gossip can include that command again in /gossip help ?

Ok, this is fixed- it was missing from "help".

Just type "/gossip mybio" for an explaination. It's simple, though- just do:

/gossip mybio line1 Scafativ was raised by foster-elves in an Irsis cottage.

/gossip mybio line2 He is looking forward to archery.

You can have a total of four lines.

Not all of Gossip's commands are documented, by the way. I keep hearing rumors about commands that people have discovered.

scaf