Eternal Lands Official Forums
eagleprince

Someone enlighten me please...

Went to MM mines to harvest last night, and someone was summoning fluffies :P . needless to say most people disappeared. Not a summoner myself, but I have just passed gob-ignore stage, and would like to be able harvest in peace without being killed! I get enough aggro from Mother Nature as it is! She hit me with 19, then 15, inside two minutes!

Edited by EaglePrince

Summons wont kill you unless you attack them first or it is a pk area. You were pretty safe unless you missclicked. So you could harvest in peace, and unless they flooded the room you could still make the trips back and forth from storage to mm caves.

Summoning a fluffy in mm mines isn't really a problem for anyone, in fact it's good for people who still get attacked by gob because they can sit near the fluffy and feel safe because it will protect them :P

Summoning a fluffy in mm mines isn't really a problem for anyone, in fact it's good for people who still get attacked by gob because they can sit near the fluffy and feel safe because it will protect them :icon4:

...except one thing - could that be construed as summoning in a populated area?

Summoning a fluffy in mm mines isn't really a problem for anyone, in fact it's good for people who still get attacked by gob because they can sit near the fluffy and feel safe because it will protect them :)

... which is one of the issues I have with this, but I didn't want to be hit wih a newbie-stick! Also, if I thought fluffies were natives of MM caves, I would not have pretended to be a hero by going there!

I just don't think it's right... :icon4:

Lol, fluffs in mm mines are r prob just to scare some Ants away :icon4:

In that case it didn't work... cos when my guildie #gm'd me to get his DB, a swarm of Ants were already helping themselves! BTW, forgot to ask him if it was a fluffy that got him or one of the other monsters!

Lol, fluffs in mm mines are r prob just to scare some Ants away :icon4:

They were. Mrmind was leading a force and obliterating them.

People summon 1 or 2 fluffs at a time in there to kill the ants and take the drops...but I think anything more than 1 is too much, and can be harmful to newer players that think its just a normal bunny.

Summoning a fluffy in mm mines isn't really a problem for anyone, in fact it's good for people who still get attacked by gob because they can sit near the fluffy and feel safe because it will protect them :devlish:

sure, and summoning a fluff in KF while there are 20 people inside is summoning in a populated area too? :)

Went to MM mines to harvest last night, and someone was summoning fluffies :evilgrin: . needless to say most people disappeared. Not a summoner myself, but I have just passed gob-ignore stage, and would like to be able harvest in peace without being killed! I get enough aggro from Mother Nature as it is! She hit me with 19, then 15, inside two minutes!

Some people really complain about everything. If you misclick a summoned bunny whose fault ist that? I guess yours... Can't see a problem here. If you wanna harvest in peace, harvest in IP. This is a challenging game, there are no really safe areas. You'd better accept that, else you will have to look for some other game that fits you better.

with regards,

kl4Uz

People summon 1 or 2 fluffs at a time in there to kill the ants and take the drops...but I think anything more than 1 is too much

I agree with this. I don't feel that 1 or 2 is against the idea of the summoning in a populated place rule. The idea of that rule is don't cause people to be lagged out by you training and spawning 30 creatures. 1 or 2 is ok.

Summoning a fluffy in mm mines isn't really a problem for anyone, in fact it's good for people who still get attacked by gob because they can sit near the fluffy and feel safe because it will protect them :)

sure, and summoning a fluff in KF while there are 20 people inside is summoning in a populated area too? :D

Went to MM mines to harvest last night, and someone was summoning fluffies :) . needless to say most people disappeared. Not a summoner myself, but I have just passed gob-ignore stage, and would like to be able harvest in peace without being killed! I get enough aggro from Mother Nature as it is! She hit me with 19, then 15, inside two minutes!

Some people really complain about everything. If you misclick a summoned bunny whose fault ist that? I guess yours... Can't see a problem here. If you wanna harvest in peace, harvest in IP. This is a challenging game, there are no really safe areas. You'd better accept that, else you will have to look for some other game that fits you better.

with regards,

kl4Uz

Amen

sure, and summoning a fluff in KF while there are 20 people inside is summoning in a populated area too? :D

Went to MM mines to harvest last night, and someone was summoning fluffies :) . needless to say most people disappeared. Not a summoner myself, but I have just passed gob-ignore stage, and would like to be able harvest in peace without being killed! I get enough aggro from Mother Nature as it is! She hit me with 19, then 15, inside two minutes!

with regards,

kl4Uz

Amen

Interesting viewpoints...

So, I complain too much, do I? I suppose it's therefore ok to complain about me complaining! :(

May I point out that it would not be strange to find fluffies in KF? And oh, did I mention that there were perhaps 10 of them, maybe more, and it was fairly close to cave entrance? Is is possible that someone could mis-click?

Is it so hard to admit that certain things are not quite right,even if there is no law against them?

So, I complain too much, do I? I suppose it's therefore ok to complain about me complaining! :D

May I point out that it would not be strange to find fluffies in KF? And oh, did I mention that there were perhaps 10 of them, maybe more, and it was fairly close to cave entrance? Is is possible that someone could mis-click?

Is it so hard to admit that certain things are not quite right,even if there is no law against them?

Of course it's possible to misclick, but then you could also misclick a fluffy somewhere in Grubani. Summoning is part of this game, so you should _always_ be aware that someone might summon a fluffy or something else right next to you. This is part of the game :) So take care.

she is not complaing, she is just pointing out a fact that when ever summoners summon stuff people cant kill or are newbies they go complaing to everyone under the sun...i one summoned WOLFS at the wolf spawn in votd and 2 newbies started bitching...hey get over it, although i dont think someone whould be summoning 10 fluffies near an enter, you should of called a mod and he would of handled it

i saw Mr.Mind summoning the fluffies, heck i was there when he 1st summoned em, and there were only 2 or 3...might have seemed like more, cause he was moving around alot to get em to chase down the Ants, but i only saw 2 or 3...and they DID say Fluffy_Rabbit RICH :whistle: shouldnt have been too hard to see they were summons, not normal rabbits :P

she is not complaing, she is just pointing out a fact that when ever summoners summon stuff people cant kill or are newbies they go complaing to everyone under the sun...i one summoned WOLFS at the wolf spawn in votd and 2 newbies started bitching...hey get over it, although i dont think someone whould be summoning 10 fluffies near an enter, you should of called a mod and he would of handled it

I agree with you, but only partly... I have no problem with summoning fluffies in Grubani or KF, cos they live there! I would not even notice if you summoned wolves at a wolf spawn. However I think that is rather different from summoning fluffies in MM caves!

Soldus is an Admin, and he said next time call a mod. What does that tell you? I may be wrong, of course, but then I have no problem being wrong. It only shows one more way not to do things.

Edited by EaglePrince

Well my opinion is that newbie shouldn't be in MM caves and if they are and get confused and try to pat the cute little rabbits then too bad. Live and learn.

IP, or elsewhere is different, but to get to MM caves they should know about monsters.

As for the summoning. 1-4 is ok in my book. 10 is too many and I would call a mod for that.

Summoned creatures don't attack players in MM caves.

Goblins do.

It is indoors away from high traffic.

Where is the problem?

If a newb goes into these caves he should be worried about the gobs, not the summoned animals.

Summoned creatures don't attack players in MM caves.

Goblins do.

It is indoors away from high traffic.

Where is the problem?

If a newb goes into these caves he should be worried about the gobs, not the summoned animals.

Exactly Marantz. MrMind knows the rules about summoning, or he should by now. Yes MM mine IS highly trafficed at times, and 10 fluffies would start to make even me nervous, but without a screenshot, or chat log showing the summon messages, there isn't a way you can proove it was 10.

Three fluffies. That could not have possibly caused any more lag than the 10 ants walking around the mine. People who mine in MM are able to avoid goblins, and cannot possibly be complete newbies.

Also, the ants are not restricted by peace day...

Three fluffies. That could not have possibly caused any more lag than the 10 ants walking around the mine. People who mine in MM are able to avoid goblins, and cannot possibly be complete newbies.

MrMind and I have spoken at length on this matter and he has convinced me that he did not summon more than three. I thought I could count past three, but MrMind has shown me that he is a gentleman, and I am prepared to accept his word over my opinion or math skills! May I re-iterate that this was not about getting anyone into trouble, which is why I avoided posting in Outlaws or leaving any clues as to the identity of the summoner.

In any case, I have apologised personally to MrMind and assured him I would do the same here.

So, MrMind, please accept this as a formal apology for any problems I may have caused you. As I explained to you, that was not the point of this thread.

EaglePrince.

Edited by EaglePrince

Yep, that's fine by me. Shame I didn't see them (gotta love Ant's getting 0wn3d. :-D

Off topic, but yeah. Bots are immune to special days. Maybe that needs to be adjusted for the Ant's. Could be kinda cool actually.

Excitement tends to cause slight exaggerations. I don't recall you being accused of trying to get anyone in trouble, but thanks for clarifying that point. I never considered anyone being afraid of summons...