Eternal Lands Official Forums
Infamous

Lord of the flies day

Lord of the flies day  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the lord of the flies day implemented?

• Yes
    • No

No, just counted votes... you blind or something ?

Anyway if i had 90+ votes i would put it into no-coold down poll to get rid of it, it affected everyone, fixed nothing, and i have to live with it EVERYDAY not for ONLY one random...

Funnily EL got some kind of parties now. Those who support you, those who dont.

:D

That one IN GAME day will destroy the roleplaying of people who stays afk on the mines! Beware folks, you can leave your char afk and when you come back on you will see how you got killed by ebul pkers!!!11oneone~1

That one IN GAME day will destroy the roleplaying of people who stays afk on the mines! Beware folks, you can leave your char afk and when you come back on you will see how you got killed by ebul pkers!!!11oneone~1

lol, lets not mention the invasions!

I personally don't have a problem with it being occasional. If it was all the time and I'd be looking somewhere else as I'm not a PKer.

However, I can understand that people have concerns, and its not those who play all the time. I think the people that are truely disadvantaged are those who only get to play for a short period, or infrequently.

If they are unlucky enough to log on while this day is on their small amount of time to work on progressing is effectively wasted. I don't mind saying "just log off and do something else for the 6 hours" to people who are logged in for 16 hours a day (myself included), but I do feel for those who don't get the chance to play very often, or only for a short while. It can certainly disrupt them and I can understand them being against it.

For those of you who think you are going to lose 6 of your precious 84 hours per week of harvesting or other levelling - Get over it. Play something else for a while. Read a book. Get a life.

Now tell me this - "just log off if you don't like it" - how does that help anyone? If everyone affected by this who doesn't like it just "logs off" for six hours, now all you've really done is spead the empty-PK map syndrome to all maps for a day.

Or, maybe we can all go to channel 4 and swear at everyone and everything and be openly insulting towards the devs, just like the PKers on Peace Day.

Edited by Arnieman

A day with everyone who goes to pk maps (people like in 70+/70+ of a/d) pkable would be really fun. That is just the point of the day.

Enemy guilds battling for control of storages or other resurces, many more oportunities to sneak and attack when others are not specting, etc.

Probably the fighters would #beam and bring stuff for non fighters players (because the traders need something to do) on isla prima and then tele back to action. Well, if you dont have any fighter on your guild...

Edited by Lorck

A day with everyone who goes to pk maps (people like in 70+/70+ of a/d) pkable would be really fun.

Skill levels are not a reliable indication of character type or intent.

Skill creep up over time, just by casual use; even if you only squash bunnies you'll eventually cross this threshold. This doesn't mean you have the hit points to take a single blow from dedicated PKers, or have the nexus to equip yourself in defense.

So this day forces a specific character class on all who exceed the threshold: Become a Fighter or log off!

Alternatives if you don't want to PK? Are we saying now that characters who approach this threshold must stop all combat? How? Take Monster Magnetism, or stay in non-hostile areas from then on?

As has been mentioned previously; if the Karma system was implemented, then a day based on karma level would make perfect sense: Allow a character's deeds to defines their role in the game.

Ohhh, right. this is only one day.

Like income tax was supposed to be temporary. I imagine that Homeland Security is not supposed to be 'permanent' either.

I suppose that if you dont like those, you can always leave the country for a while.

I really fail to see what this potentially adds to the game except a bit of 'fun' for a few players while restricting others. I agree that what you will wind up seeing is empty maps except for the clueless, the new, and the unlucky. In other words, you will see a bunch of PK'ers standing around telling eachother how cool this day is. It will be even cooler when the rest of EL shows up... Oh wait. They took your 'advice' and didn't play today. Wheeee! The truely new to the game would be wondering why all these pk'ers are following them around, waiting for them to reach a high enough a+d.

I would very strongly suggest reconsidering this. New metals in PK can be dealt with. That is accepting risk for a specific gain. This is not.

A day with everyone who goes to pk maps (people like in 70+/70+ of a/d) pkable would be really fun.

Skill levels are not a reliable indication of character type or intent.

Skill creep up over time, just by casual use; even if you only squash bunnies you'll eventually cross this threshold. This doesn't mean you have the hit points to take a single blow from dedicated PKers, or have the nexus to equip yourself in defense.

So this day forces a specific character class on all who exceed the threshold: Become a Fighter or log off!

Alternatives if you don't want to PK? Are we saying now that characters who approach this threshold must stop all combat? How? Take Monster Magnetism, or stay in non-hostile areas from then on?

As has been mentioned previously; if the Karma system was implemented, then a day based on karma level would make perfect sense: Allow a character's deeds to defines their role in the game.

You are trolling?

If you dont pk stay in isla prima and ask some friends to bring stuff to you mix. That simple.

If you have a high level in att/def and dont want to fight other people ask for someone to bring stuff for you to.

Lots of people are high lvl in att/def and dont go to pk, you never was required to do that. Baddude is extremly strong and dont go to pk maps very often.

You just warped a part of my coment... tsc, tsc...

Anyways, the karma system is bad. I got bagjumped by a n00b with 10/10 of att/def, i attack him and my karma go to trash... way to go.

Surely, i am not "the bad pker" kind, i just attack some of my enemy guilds.

So why your reason to complain? You do not have friends to bring stuff to isla prima?

The community is split in this matter. The voting is so close that it cant be ended. The losing side will always say that it was manipulation.

What shall we do then? Shall we ask devs to implement the day just for test?

all that work just for a test when for most of the time the 'no' votes were ahead?

for a better idea, ask them to implement stuff that more people want... I'm sure people could come up with some really desired features

You are trolling?
sigh...
I took that line because it was the most recent reference to the part of the concept which is really bad design, having the most objectional consequences for the game.

The side effects of such a day even existing are far beyond the bounds of its occasional occurance...

On login, a character will appear in the game as soon as the login is received. There is then a few seconds delay while the client loads the map and objects before the player can actually do anything. In this time, it is possible (AFAIK) for the character to be attacked and killed.

There is no external notification of what the nature of the day is until you have logged in.

So, what do you do to avoid the potential of dying before you can respond? Do all players in this category now have to return to IP before they can safely log out? Go to storage and strip-naked just-in-case?

You are trolling?
sigh...
I took that line because it was the most recent reference to the part of the concept which is really bad design, having the most objectional consequences for the game.

The side effects of such a day even existing are far beyond the bounds of its occasional occurance...

On login, a character will appear in the game as soon as the login is received. There is then a few seconds delay while the client loads the map and objects before the player can actually do anything. In this time, it is possible (AFAIK) for the character to be attacked and killed.

There is no external notification of what the nature of the day is until you have logged in.

So, what do you do to avoid the potential of dying before you can respond? Do all players in this category now have to return to IP before they can safely log out? Go to storage and strip-naked just-in-case?

I don't see why this is a big problem

all that work just for a test when for most of the time the 'no' votes were ahead?

for a better idea, ask them to implement stuff that more people want... I'm sure people could come up with some really desired features

Thats why i asked not stated.

That issue is important for many players (so far 10 pages). As i cant find good solution, I ask.

:devlish: You log off sitting in a tavern, you log on and the first thing you see is hell. How is this not a serious issue?

A thought, if this day comes to pass...We do now have the ingame time/date displayed on the official EL site. Perhaps it could have the #day added to that as well.

:devlish: You log off sitting in a tavern, you log on and the first thing you see is hell. How is this not a serious issue?

You avoid that by putting everything in storage before log off.... ZombieMUD is more or less like this but b/c of item loss.... you lose items you have in inventory on log off, so you need to put them in bank first.

(Just like adding some use to Perception & Charm cross attributes, like setting a few barmen on Irilion taverns, like unlocking the new resources, like consolidating and documenting the current version of the code for maintenance purposes, like silencing some of the EL-boards trolls until they have something interesting to say, etc. There's always something to do in a vast application such as a mmorpg.)

:P

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Now I'm out.

:P You log off sitting in a tavern, you log on and the first thing you see is hell. How is this not a serious issue?

there would be some time you can't be attacked.. like the 10 seconds rule duh.

seriously all you hear is I don't want it I don't think that forcing people blablabla.

sometimes people need to be forced to make something better.

and for the I part.. let people think for emselves ok?

Edited by Hardcore

Alright - You have at most 10 seconds after entering a PK map before you can be attacked - time your client loading, and tell us if you actually log in within 10 seconds. Yeah, really going t0o cause more problems - such as "I logged off here, why am I not here, but in the underworld?"

Entropy has said he wants more pvp in the game - I don't feel that forcing pvp on anyone at anytime is going to help that at all. If you could balance the system a little, or otherwise incentivise pvp, maybe the maps won't be so empty.

arnieman i think you have a reading problem?

thats been discussed already.. storages could be safe zones for that day and the 10 seconds rule could be longer if you log in.

speaking of reading problems... I already pointed out a big problem with that idea too... if it's long enough for people to get to storage wherever they are, then it's long enough for them to be able to disconnect-cycle, and stay immune (and what are you gonna do, say that you can only connect safely once per day? that solution wouldn't work too well)

yes i know that the guy said 30 minutes but we all know thats way to much..

more like ~20 seconds

oh, so you can log on, but there's no chance to escape anyway? that's even worse

if there is a 20 seconds rule you could get away, it's not like there is a pk'er on every spot that you login, and even if there is a pk'er near you still have plenty of time left to escape.

and escaping shouldn't be easy else there wouldn't be any fun in it.

it's the same as logging in, in the middle of an invasion but at least you have a chance to escape here.

i get the feeling you DON'T want to understand the things we say here