Eternal Lands Official Forums
Infamous

Lord of the flies day

Lord of the flies day  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the lord of the flies day implemented?

• Yes
    • No

People. It doesn't *force* anyone to do anything. It just makes it hard, and potentially can build the game. I would like to see a situation where we either get guildies to help protect the harvesters, or if you don't have any high enough, hire some. I think it could certainly bring the different types of players into more interaction with each other, and that is A Good Thing .

People. It doesn't *force* anyone to do anything. It just makes it hard, and potentially can build the game. I would like to see a situation where we either get guildies to help protect the harvesters, or if you don't have any high enough, hire some. I think it could certainly bring the different types of players into more interaction with each other, and that is A Good Thing .

Or, it could condemn anyone who isn't "in" with the big dogs, cause large headaches on issues putting stress on moderators (due or undue), force classes, and totally destroy the game - that is a Bad Thing .

What stops it happening at whitestone docks is simple, Atahn, they will also have to run around ALL the maps looking for those who have either slipped past them using the methods I described, or looking for freshly logged in players...they cant be EVERYwhere at once...

I don't like it but ....

What if everything was multi attack and once fighting others could freely join in ?

Now the lower level characters would have to form a group effort to beat down the oppressors.

Opens up other issues but it at least it would give a fighting chance. Also brings about the possibility for maybe some strategy to it.

(off topic: I'm waiting for no cooldown day :D )

Or, it could condemn anyone who isn't "in" with the big dogs, cause large headaches on issues putting stress on moderators (due or undue), force classes, and totally destroy the game - that is a Bad Thing .

I agree entirely. However, this game is boring without the interaction with other players. If this helps people to talk to others and interact with them, then that I think is a good thing.

I would actually really like to see one or more of the bigger guild's offering to help those who want to avoid the PKer's by guarding the docks. I think it could have some great RPing to it, kinda like JusT's quest the other day (congrats guys - it was awesome). If this was to occur, I think it would help to build the community andthe interaction with guilds and between guilds enormously.

Sometimes these sorts of things have to occur for people to step out of their normal routine and see the world around them for how much bigger it is. Sometimes we need to be forced into that. As long as its only temporary, and there is the option of a safe place that you can sit and chat (IP fire sounds cool), then I think its great.

you could hire people to guard you on ur way to storage.

and for the wsc docks camping thing.. almost everyone has enemy's so the ones sitting there risk getting killed too

Here's a grand idea..MAKE STORAGES SAFE!... wouldn't be that hard to implement I don't think. Maybe Molgor and Raven and Judith wouldn't be safe, but the inside storages like TG, PL and NC would be. That way those that didn't want to fight could go hide out on IP, or one of the inside storages. If you chose to leave storage for a reason, then you better go naked.

**edit**

By hiding out in an inside storage I mean, go there and sit and do your manu/craft/alch/pots from ingredients that you have taken the opportunity to harv and store on Labour day.

Edited by LadyWolf

I had almost forgotten about this, lol. I thought it would be awhile before I was Attack plus Defense = 120+ But I am now 57/67 . I think the day might not be so bad besides. I will just go naked that day, lol. Heal people on Ip or something. The more I think about it, I think it could be fun. Like hide and seek.

I still think it would be fun and I am NOT a Pker. I just think it could be fun.I think they should test the day and surprise us and see how it goes. Then people can say I whether they liked it or not. Some are talking as If they will be Pk'd every second they step off Ip. I don't think there are that many Pkers who will just randomly attack people. I like the idea because it may add some strategy to fight and to not get in one. Tele rings,dis rings, tele ess, Go on your low lvl alt char, have your fav hiding spot picked out. Can also just walk around and see who attacks you. You may even win a fight or two :whistle: ...maybe.

There are alot of good arguments for both sides whether to have this day or not. I like LadyWolf's idea of making inside storages safe as well as the docks. another thing i was thinking of is maybe hang out with some ppl with a+d < 120. try to blend in with them :P And have someone who cant be attacked try to save your DB if you do get caught out. I guess I should go try to make friends with some high lvl fighters now.

Edited by Sweettea

If this day is approved, when someone logs onto the game there should be like a 5 minute span in which they can't be attacked because they have no way of knowing before they log on what kind of day it is. Sometimes when I log on, my server or whatever is slow and it may take a good minute before I can actually see the screen.

Peace day is unfair to those who want fight then..so same like war day...

And Labor Day *and* Day of Fasting *and* Green Day are unfair to those who don't want to fight, then....so why do we need another?

Tigs

well, i think tigs scores a point there. :whistle:

almost every fighter is antisocial.

btw no need to argue about it Entropy already said that if the majority wants it , it will get implemented.

Just like the cooldown vote, where several nameless people padded the votes, what would stop them from padding these votes as well?

why do we want this day? so we can walk around going to do our harvest and get someone jump up behind us and kill us we should have a option whether we want to be pkable

There's a stupid peace day, so there should be an all PK day also :whistle:

I am wondering. If you hate peace day so much, why aren't you petitioning to have it removed? That seems more logical to me. Of course, this could all be about the money you would make by being able to kill everyone anywhere.

I am wondering. If you hate peace day so much, why aren't you petitioning to have it removed? That seems more logical to me. Of course, this could all be about the money you would make by being able to kill everyone anywhere.

^^^ well duh, somebody's clever :whistle:

Edited by Logger

"My athsmar, my athsmar!"

A favorite book, a favorite movie, and the one character I identify with is the one that dies!

I am nowhere near the stats to be concerned, but I will be. It's not such an extremely big deal but not a special day I'd look forward to.

Maybe just implement 'wild pigs', pink boars with random strength (from rabbit to fluffy) MP'able too, and let them roam anonymous.....

“Kill the pig! Cut her throat! Bash her in! Kill the pig! Cut her throat! Bash her in!â€

There's just something 'uncivilized' about having to look over ones shoulder while harvesting. Sort of like strolling down 11th Ave. after midnight, who wants that in a game? Okay, I'm done.....

"Sucks to your athsmar, Piggy!!!!"

Hey! I said I was done! *snort*

Well, I brought it to a 62-62 tie :P

Why do the ones who are pushing for this keep saying we should hire bodyguards when this day comes around? Do you really think we all have enough money set aside just in case we get a war day?

Argument in support - We have a day where we can't do what we want, so you should too!

Counter-argument - We already have 3.

Rebuttal (support) - But you can do something else that day...

Recounter (dissent) - So can you.

Re-rebuttal - We don't want to; we shouldn't have to!

Re-recouter - If you shouldn't have to, then neither should we.

I read this whole thread and I think that the only way this day could work is if all indoor areas were safe. Having to run from harvest to storage without getting killed could be fun and interesting. Getting stabbed in the back while harvesting has nothing to do with fun.

PKers are not for this day because of peace day. They have one day that keeps them from doing what they want and everyone else has three days that they cannot do what they want. PKers want this day so that they can pawn people who have no chance of survival so that they can take that persons stuff. This day is about having fun at the expense of other players. Does everyone get to make PKers lives miserable on Peace Day? No. As has been suggested the PKers could even make money hiring out as mules on that day so they would benefit from it. They could help specific players who make their armor for them in exchange for said armor.

What happens with LotF day? Once again you say give the PKers money but this time it is extortion. Either you pay them to protect you or they kill you. Yes. Lots of fun to roleplay that. No thanks. You cannot keep everything you need ready for any random day all of the time so yes the three days that effect everyone else can stop you from doing anything but fighting. It has happened to me once already. Adding this day is not fair in any way shape or form.

I am not here to ruin anyones' fun so I say if all interiors are safe and it is only at night for 3 hours then it could definitely be interesting as long as the way to Irillion was a safe area too. It is massively unfair the way it is now and does nothing but line the pockets of players who pawn players who don't stand a chance in a fight. Thanks but no, just the same.

Tirun Collimdus A day of being able to set your own PK status would be interesting too if we can avoid the abuses.

I wanna know who told people life is fair? This day would bring new strategy to the game. As with all other changes there are people that say they will leave if it is implemented..I say bye..change can be good and bad.. everyone bitched about invasions when first suggested..now people bitch cause there arent enough of them..implement it and try it..then see just how bad/good it is...

BTW, its not letting me vote