Eternal Lands Official Forums
Infamous

Lord of the flies day

Lord of the flies day  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the lord of the flies day implemented?

• Yes
    • No

I cant agree with this day, ok its cool i thought about it to but for 6 hours is to long we should do this like an Invasion kinda something that every map is pkable for 30 min or less/more but not 6 hours thats to much even for not pkers ther alot of people that dont pk and its not fair for them that they cant play whole day cause they die than.

I think its cool but not a whole day.

:devlish: i wouold think about the ones that don't pk first and not strong eough for it and if they do it make 2 makes the lower fighters go that map and the higher fighters go to the other map but if a higher fighter go in that map just to pk thenwhat every they take they got give back to that person

so to me yes or a no i will think of it more???!!!!!!

Im all for it. This would be really exciting time. Theres about 400 players with a+d>120 and they should know how to avoid being pked.

I want it, but not for full 6 hours, a "day", 3 hours should be enough IMHO.

And, yes, i know it would be a rare day, but being me being PKable for 6 hours with my stats would be really annoying, im a+d 110 right now, so i better stop training then.

I dont like it when im going to get ore/flowers/minerals or hunting for furs and get PK'ed by some 100+ a OR d accounts.

Why should i drop my items for them just for fun? Isnt this game PK enough? And banning me for 6 hours to IP/Underworld is not really funny.

Piper

Yah i like it but yah maybe just for 3 hours :devlish:

and maybe everyone would be aloud pkable!!! for like 30 mins :sneaky:!

3 hours is right, but from a roleplay perspective, make it night insterad of day, that way the moon can be to blame for a change...(solar flare/sun)

Hmm, two things I thought of:

1. What if you load up EL right in the middle of lord of the flies day and someone kills you as soon as you connect? Maybe have temporary invulnerability at certain times (like server connect).

2. There's no way to know who has a/d adding up to 120, so you'd have to go around clicking on random people, probably getting a lot of quirky error messages... Maybe there could be some visual way to indicate who is pkable or not.

Edited by roos

this day is a bad idea - thats y i didn't even give it credit to bother replying in the dev suggestion forums. I understand that Pkers want it to balance out peace day where they don't have nething they WANT to do but if a day like this is implimented ppl that DON'T want to pk or are low lvls literally WON'T be able to do anything because if they step off IP theyre dead - at least on peace day the PKers can figure something else to do like maybe killing monsters or maybe doing something productive :devlish:

I'm still very strongly against this idea, I'm not in EL to fight, and I shouldn't have to (and yes, it will still affect me, because once in a while i will fight, and I can gain a level in a/d after a day or two of fighting)

Very bad. Hmm, lets see. I log out with my fr or harvesting cloak on on a regular basis. If I need to leave fast, I may even carry 10-20k gc on me. Not to mention armor, SR's, essences etc. Now, I'm not >120 att+def, but suppose I am. I log in, and while I'm in consol mode reading that nasty purple font, someone %!#jacks me and I lose a whole crap-ton of stuff.

Replace 'I' by 'you', then say this day is a good idea.

Edited by SplargaMan

Very bad. Hmm, lets see. I log out with my fr or harvesting cloak on on a regular basis. If I need to leave fast, I may even carry 10-20k gc on me. Not to mention armor, SR's, essences etc. Now, I'm not >120 att+def, but suppose I am. I log in, and while I'm in consol mode reading that nasty purple font, someone %!#jacks me and I lose a whole crap-ton of stuff.

Replace 'I' by 'you', then say this day is a good idea.

So put a 1 minute cooldown on attacks when logging in. *shrug*

Yes, it's cool ! If there is 'peace day' there should be also 'war day' - you can attack anyone anywhere ! and since there isn't 'war day' now, this one would be little recompensate for that... as Entropy answered to fighters while they were complaining about peace day: if you dont like this day, dont play for 6 hours.... same with THIS day.

WE WANT WAR DAY !

I like the idea, after all, if there's a peace day why not making a war day too - so I vote YES

If it were implemented, it would be nice if the day did not start immediately on the hour, so people would have a chance to get to storage. Maybe this ruins the fun of it, but I have the feeling it would just make everyone mad if it started right when the random day started.

And I'd vote for making IP safe...I don't think brand new people would like being killed by big strong mean people as soon as they've started the game :evilgrin:

Edited by Tanyia

If it were implemented, it would be nice if the day did not start immediately on the hour, so people would have a chance to get to storage. Maybe this ruins the fun of it, but I have the feeling it would just make everyone mad if it started right when the random day started.

And I'd vote for making IP safe...I don't think brand new people would like being killed by big strong mean people as soon as they've started the game :evilgrin:

If you check the other thread, these are actually both covered. Ent's initial post said IP will be safe (iirc) and there is the suggestion that it only be 3 hours long, and at night time, both as an opposite to solare flare's day, and because you can RP explain the moon having an effect etc at night.

I don't like the idea in its current form.

I've read the other thread and it said there that Attack + Defence >= 120 will be PK-able and able to PK. This means that the closer people are to that critical value of 120, the more disadvantage they will have.

Like other people said: this day is only fun for people with the best armor & rost stones & a very high attack / defence. Everyone with an A+D around 120 will need to hide all day long or be slaughtered by the uber-players from the top 100 A/D.

A day where people can pk each other sounds cool to me, but it has to be organised differently so not only the high leveled pk-ers benefit from it.

My suggestion:

Everyone is pk-able :P . BUT, when you try to attack someone, there is a chance that you "fail to attack" that person.

(RP can be done here too : "you are not able to kill the innocent [name here]"). This is based on a formula of attack and defence. After a failure to attack you will have to wait 1 minute to try to attack that person again.

Simple example

SuccesOfAttack = (TargetAttack + TargetDefence) / (2 * (MyAttack + MyDefence) + (TargetAttack + TargetDefence))

The noob versus the pro

Noob attack level = 10

Noob defence level = 10

Pro attack level = 120

Pro defence level = 120

The noob attacks the pro

SuccesOfattack = (120+120) / (2 * (10 + 10) + (120+ 120)) = 86%

The pro attacks the noob

SuccesOfattack = (10 + 10) / (2 * (120 +120) + (10 + 10)) = 4%

The average player versus another average player

Player 1 attack level = 42

Player 1 defence level = 48

Player 2 attack level = 37

Player 2 defence level = 43

Player 1 attacks Player 2

SuccesOfattack = (37 + 43) / (2 * (42 + 48) + (37 + 43)) = 31%

Player 2 attacks Player 1

SuccesOfattack = (42 + 48) / (2 * (37 + 43) + (42 + 48)) = 36%

Conclusion

Im not a mathematical wizard so this example is far from perfect, but it shows the point im trying to make. Newbies are relatively safe from Elite pk-ers and for players who want to attack more ore less equally leveled players, there is a fair chance of succeeding.

I think this brings the best out of the "war day". Everyone is effected. Elite pk-ers still can try to attack lower leveled players, but the chance of succeeding is uncommon. Manufacturers still can go around making things and have a fair chance of getting away when they spot a pk-er (even more when you are carrying a diss-ring). Everyone must be on their guard, since you never know when a pk-er might try to attack you!

I haven't voted yet, but i will surely vote Yes if something like this gets implemented.

I EMPHATICALLY (read: really strongly) vote against such a thing - not for 6 hours, not for 3 hours, not even for 10 minutes.

I do not play to fight necessarily, unless I need/want to. I don't choose to aggressively attack players, so I don't. I don't want to have to do nothing because I have only the option of sit on IP or die at WS docks (you do realize that, most likely, people with 100 a or d will likely be camping the docks to kill anyone they can, rather than actually do something productive and attack each other). The major problem with this idea is that we pride ourselves on the "no classes" ideal - this effectively ways anyone above 120 a+d is now a forced class for however long this lasts.

It is one thing to go to KF if you want to PK - you have that option. It is another if the PK map comes to you.

Now, I know I don't quite qualify yet for this idea, but I'm close - 52/59 adds up to 111, and I don't want to have to say "ok, I have to quit fighting monsters just so I don't have to quit the game to not die".

One argument is that this day counters the peace day (no fighting) - the day is already countered by the labour day (no manufacture). I mean, if you want to institute a day of forced manufacture, then maybe this would be a good idea.

In short, my opinion - if you want to PK, you have places for that - you don't have to force me to PK to satisfy you.

It seems like the players that are against this day is the ones who fight once in a while and eventually will reach a+d >= 120.

What if it were raised so that maybe you'll need a+d >= 150 (or maybe even higher) to be PKable?

Then the ones affected by it would probably be the ones interested in fighting as you'll have to train a fair amount to reach that a+d.

/Enki

Then the ones affected by it would probably be the ones interested in fighting as you'll have to train a fair amount to reach that a+d.
this seems like a good time to point out something that a lot of people are missing (and some probably can't comprehend)... PK is not the same as fighting. it's one part of it. should the town guards come under attack one day because the soldiers need someone to kill?

okay, so it's philosophical. that means that it can have a place in RP (and does, I know I refuse to PK yet my a/d isn't exactly low, there are probably others). I also know that some people have an interest in RP in EL... it's not that widespread, but there are people interested in it

it can also be a less RP oriented decision, maybe the player is here for the community, rather than to try to kill other players (the community is one of the draw-cards of EL, isn't it?)

a different level just puts it off for a while, and the problem is not solved

at its most basic form, it really comes down to this: should the game be more focused on fighting, and on PKing?

that's not the sort of game I want to play, and I say that those who do already have that option in EL

I'm against it as well. Peace Day might restrict you NOT to fight, but forcing you TO fight seems unfair to those who don't want to.

I'm against it as well. Peace Day might restrict you NOT to fight, but forcing you TO fight seems unfair to those who don't want to.

Peace day is unfair to those who want fight then..so same like war day...

Edited by Matess

This cannot be considered a balance to "Peace Day": That day only affects dedicated fighters, who still have the option to go and do something else in the game. On a "PK" day, the non-fighters would have to log off.

The "No Flee" day can be considered a more even balance to "Peace Day".

If PK'ers want more scope for slaughter, consider Brom's Outlaw suggestion instead.

As has been pointed out, having a high A/D does not make you a fighter; skill increase with use, and given enough time any character could reach these levels, even if they never leave the happy fields of IP.