Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ulrih

My guildmate's internet cafe IP-banned.

Hi. Motylek's internet cafe (he's my guildmate) has got an IP-ban. He's the owner of the cafe, and asked me if I could help him communicate with you, because he's got some problems with English. He's able to play from home, but anyway...

I'd like to ask if he's banned because of a ISP-banning policy, or just his IP is banned?

Of course I can tell you his hostname, but I'm not sure if I should put it here.

:)

Edit: We ask, if you could unban the ip, and keep banning only the nicks if there is some abuse from cafe's ip.

Edited by Ulrih

OK, anyone keen on unbaning Motylek's cafe, telling that in this case the whole ISP is banned or telling that it can't be unbanned?

Well all we see is one IP listed for Motylek and it's not banned.

We need a lot more information, names of other people who used to play from there and now can't, an ISP name, IP address would be great, a reason he might think it is banned...right now we have nothing to go on from what you said.

Edit: We ask, if you could unban the ip, and keep banning only the nicks if there is some abuse from cafe's ip.

And no, we do not want to spend our days babysitting this IP. :o

Motylek remembers Delosek and Misiu-fil using his cafe to play EL some time ago. Maybe one of them (probably the first guy) did something nasty.

Cafe's host (and webpage) is motylnet.ath.cx, ISP is Telekomunikacja Polska S.A.

It is not like the banned players are using the cafe all the time and they will do some bad things when the cafe is unbanned. There are more people using this cafe.

I understand that you banned that ip, but it is some time since then and it is not someones private ip... it would be nice if non-private ip would be unbanned after some time.

The internet cafe is not going to be unbanned.

There was way more trouble from there than just those two you mentioned. As always, you (generic you) are responsible for your IP. If you can't control what happens from there, you lose the privilege to have it allowed ingame. Doesn't matter if it was you, your brother, your roommate, your sister, your visitors, your ficus.

And by the way, our whitelist is only allowed to contain a specific number of names, we are not filling it up with names from here. It is not our job to babysit one IP.