Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Do you want a serpent sword of magic?

Oh, yeah, you do, don't you?

But when I need someone to test the god damn test server, from 500 players online, we get about 20.

Which is less than 5%.

Anyway, here is the deal.

Whoever finds a bug* on the test server, regarding the hyperspace bags or the new merchant NPCs and PMs me about it, gets the aforementioned prize.

*It has to be a BUG, not a suggestion/improvement. Something like items dissapearing, items dupe, cheating the mercant NPCs, etc. You must also be able to reproduce that bug, and you have to tell me or Learner how you did it.

Oh, yeah, you do, don't you?

But when I need someone to test the god damn test server, from 500 players online, we get about 20.

Which is less than 5%.

Whoever finds a bug* on the test server, regarding the hyperspace bags or the new merchant NPCs and PMs me about it, gets the aforementioned prize.

*It has to be a BUG, not a suggestion/improvement. Something like items dissapearing, items dupe, cheating the mercant NPCs, etc. You must also be able to reproduce that bug, and you have to tell me or Learner how you did it.

i would go, but i have been banned from the test server

Is there a time limit, date this ends?

Edit: it's late and I was going to go to bed...

Edited by sbarstow

You bet i would like one! :icon13:

Is there anyway *Please* i can get my stuff copyed over because im dum diddly broke on the test server (like 1.4k gc) and i have 28kgc on main server along with other valubales

-Mid!

I'm guessing you mean bugs within EL and not hacks or GPF's :icon13: thru other applications on client systems or similar nastiness....

Will see what I can do to break/dent/eviscerate things for you. (within EL)

Is there a current list of new stuf to test, additions, nps, items, that specifically need to be tested? Or just anything/everything in general?

Guest Taura_Krise

Hiya!

I'd be happy to help test the new server! But, I'm afraid I don't have enough experience or am not of a high enough level to do you any good! Can you steer me in the right direction as far as which NPCs I might focus on or what areas you still need tested more extensively? I know -- by definition -- that 'bugs' are potentially everywhere, but, I don't wanna waste your time (or mine) by traveling to places that won't help you out.

Um ... as far as the sword goes, I'm afraid it wouldn't do me any good. I prolly can't even carry it without tipping over! *grin*

=o)

Taura

PS - I'm also assuming that the two different servers are completely seperate and will REMAIN so. That said, if -- for example -- I get killed while on the test server and lose stuff (like my prized monster mag cloak) that that won't affect my "real" game, right?

Edited by Taura_Krise

I'm guessing you mean bugs within EL and not hacks or GPF's :icon13: thru other applications on client systems or similar nastiness....

Will see what I can do to break/dent/eviscerate things for you. (within EL)

No, you can use (on the test server only) absolutely any tool you want, except for DoS stuff such as floods and other nasties.

If you want to write a program that just logs to the server and sends bad values, go ahead, let me know if you find any vulnerability.

Taura_Krise:

Yes, of course, the servers are totally separated. As for where to look, I have no idea, the bugs can be anywhere :(

Guest Taura_Krise
Taura_Krise:

Yes, of course, the servers are totally separated. As for where to look, I have no idea, the bugs can be anywhere :icon13:

Okey-dokey! I'm off to hunt BUGS!

*poof!*

=o)

Taura

Guest Taura_Krise

Hello again!

To anyone who knows the answers, I have some questions re: hyperspace bags, new merchant NPCs, etc

1) While I was testing on the new server, someone was nice enough to PM while I was AFK to say they had left me a key in a bag. Sadly, by the time I returned, the bag had disappeared. Where do I purchase/find another such item? When I get it, how do I test it?

2) Does 'hyperspace' simply refer to the new drop bags being extra large in size?

3) Where should I look to test the new merchant NPCs?

Thanks in advance!

TK

Edited by Taura_Krise

1) While I was testing on the new server, someone was nice enough to PM while I was AFK to say they had left me a key in a bag. Sadly, by the time I returned, the bag had disappeared. Where do I purchase/find another such item? When I get it, how do I test it?

Tanta in Port Anitora has the keys. Drop a normal bag & use the skull key to send the bag into hyperspace. Use the skeleton key (whilst standing in the correct location) to retrieve the bag.

Hello again!

To anyone who knows the answers, I have some questions re: hyperspace bags, new merchant NPCs, etc

2) Does 'hyperspace' simply refer to the new drop bags being extra large in size?

3) Where should I look to test the new merchant NPCs?

Thanks in advance!

TK

Questions 1 and 2 are answered here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23323

Question 3 answered here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22273

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23053

:devlish:

You bet i would like one! :)

Is there anyway *Please* i can get my stuff copyed over because im dum diddly broke on the test server (like 1.4k gc) and i have 28kgc on main server along with other valubales

-Mid!

you call that broke?

i have 600 on the main server...

im not a manu or harvester damn it, im a mage...

Been running around abit, no idea if this is a bug or if it is supposed to be this way but if you drop alot of items in a bag and use a key to send them into hyperspace, only the first 10 slots of the bag get sent into hyperspace.

Using a second key doesn't send the other items into the hyperspace either.

I also moved those items to the first 10 slots and used a key. Only 1 of them went into hyperspace and the others remained in the bag.

*edit* Oh yea, no problems with retrieving bags so far.

2nd *edit* Sorry, forgot to mention, I'm able to duplicate this.

Edited by ssjgohan

And this is all by design if you read the postings stating that you can only store 10 types of objects in a hyperspace bag.

In that case its a bug I can send an 11th item up by using another key. Must've missed that part on the hyperspace bags. Sorry :-X

After more looking around with anamir we have found what it was. Just the same item sent up. Nothing to be reported from me so far then. :)

Edited by ssjgohan

In that case its a bug I can send an 11th item up by using another key. Must've missed that part on the hyperspace bags. Sorry :-X

11th *type* of item, or 11th item?

You can put an unlimited number of *each* item in a bag, but only 10 different *types* of items.

well i've been on some channels all the time on test server, we didn't find any bugs and it doesn't look like there are any problems with em right now :D (referring to the bags anyway, got no idea how the testing of the guild merchants are going)

Edited by ssjgohan

If it remains the same, Hyperspace bags are too much money to *test* I guess I am off to the main server, I tried.