Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sistema

The Everlasting Battle

Prologue:

It was dark; the only source of light was the crescent moon shining in the sky. The darkness casted upon Kusamura Jungle would make even the bravest knights flee. The wind ripped many trees and bushes from their roots as it howled through the night. But there was something in the jungle which brought unhappiness to the surroundings. The dark thing stood still. It blinked; its green eyes were the only things that could be seen through all the grass and leaves. But the thing could see every detail of the jungle; it was as if the sun hadn’t even set. The thing looked up into the sky, there were a few bats flying endlessly in circles. It took a step forward, stood still and took another step, the crunching of a branch made a flock of birds abandon their homes. The dark thing raised its hand and over a thousand armed orcs appeared, male and female alike, the night still silent. The leader of the orcs, who was the closest to the dark creature, spoke.

“My dear lord,” his voice was deep. “We have gathered the strongest, the fastest and the wisest of us, as you instructed. Your army is ready”. The dark thing faced the orc; it spoke for the first time, its voice deeper than the orc’s.

“Well done, you will be awarded accordingly when the time comes”. The orc had a smile on his face; he gave a bow “Thank you my lord, thank you!” He ran back towards the other orcs and whispered something magical. The thousand orcs suddenly disappeared.

“Mortos will be proud.” the dark thing said, he let out a deep, evil laugh which filled the jungle. He whispered three magical words and disappeared. The jungle fell silent.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Hurry, hurry! Everyone to their homes, now! I want everyone to stay in their homes until we announce that it’s safe to come out.” Hyperion Silverwish was running in Trassian, warning everyone of a monster invasion which was reported by an unknown citizen. Meanwhile, Sistema Silverwish had assembled a handful of knights and soldiers in the Knights Hall.

Ten years had past since the mortal form of Mortos, the God of destruction, was banished to the realm of gods, and now Sistema and Hyperion are scared of his return. Who was leading these monsters? Or was it all just a nasty trick?

“Right, I think the amount of soldiers we have are enough to defend Dra Syn for now. I’m looking for a willing knight to accompany me. My brother and I will need to travel to the Northern Irilion Islands to request help from our allies, the humans. It’s a pity for such a wise race like the Draegoni to ask for help, but I’m afraid combat is not our best ability. I ask again, is there anyone willing to come with us?”

Whispers filled the hall, there was fear in the young soldiers’ eyes. But one of them suddenly stepped forward, “I am willing to accompany you, Prince Sistema.”

“Introduce yourself, dear gracious knight”.

Edit: (( Hi all! ^__^ My first RP thread, hope we all enjoy it! Oh, and try to keep it clean and good. Oh, some background info of Dra Syn, Hyperion and I can be found here. ))

Edited by sisteMa`

Sealen strode with his men on the southern edge of lakeside village. Those orcs must raid soon! What is taking them so long? After a few more days, he and his man crept there way into the old ruins of tyrnim. Not as many orcs as there should be.... There they fought a few battles and drove the remaining orcs in the northern edge away. Their greatest victory since Dralins charge, what has happened here? Creeping into the orcs most guarded areas they found them deserted. We are the first men since the Tyrnim stood here. At last east south white stone was safe. Never again would they live in fear(till the orcs rebuilt their empire).

They celebrated across the empire(but not in ghrams village due to a raid of goblins). Lord luxin was worried however. "These orcs must have gone somewhere; they do nothing without a purpose and what ever it is it will not suit draia". Lord luxin cleared his throat." I appoint you sealen to find out what has happened to the orcs and track them down, I wish for stability across draia, not doing so would ruin the economy".

In tyrnim, with the remaining orcs gone into hiding he looked in their stronghold. Their he found a note to the orcs there. In the strange dark writing of the orcs. It said “Bring your strongest to Kusmura! The master rises! Bring fire and sword!".

So it was that sealen of grhams village, a captian for white stone found himself in the unknown seas, heading towards Irilion. Where he would encounter a dragonie in the northern kingdoms of irilion. When he comes that is.

Edited by sparhawk

The man rushed in the Idaloran fields. He was covered in sweat, dirt and his own blood. Half-groaning in pain, he shouted at the peasants gathered there.

"Orcs in arms ! They're gathering in the Jungle ! Warn the guards ! Raise the alarm !"

The panic.

During the commotion that followed, a figure appeared, unnoticed by all but the wounded man. By the general attitude, it was a man, clothed in a brown, ordinary cloak. His face was hidden under a large hood. He got near the bleeding scout, who was leaning against a peartree, panting and sobbing...

"Please, help me... My arm... nearly cut..."

The figure raised a fine, long hand, and put a finger on the man's lips. With the other hand, the stranger took out a bunch of essences, and crushed them, invoking a powerful healing spell. A moment later, the scout was moving his arm, testing the sensitivity of his fingers with a bedazzled look on his face.

"Thank you ! How can I repay you ?"

This time, the stranger put a finger on his own lips. Just don't tell anyone. Then he picked a pear and gave it to the scout before he turned south and headed for the jungle...

"Hey, wait, don't go there, it's infested with Orcs !"

The stranger did not look back. He was walking forth, as if not paying attention to what was happening around. And the peasants scurrying and shouting appeared not to see him, though they avoided his path somehow...

Two hours later, the Healer was making his way silently among the palmtrees, until he reached a clearing. There, a large phalanx of armed Orcs stood. They were listening to the orders of a taller, darker Orc. The Healer hid in the large bushes and spyed upon the monologue.

They were planning an all-out onslaught on Palon Vertas and Idaloran at the same moment. The Healer listened carefully, then made his way through the green, towards Palon Vertas. Just to bump on a baby Panda.

"Mrgn ?"

"Hush, little bear, I wish no harm on you..."

"Mrrrr ?"

The small beast started nibbling the Healer's cloak, thus making the hood fall. Niklosyan Sophisthesis Photosilas grimaced and pulled on his cape. Then his eyes became larger as Mother-Panda stood tall over him. The white & black she-bear did not make a sound. Niklos grinned.

"My, my, what a beautiful and healthy son you have there, Ma'am..."

Mother-Panda sniffed Niklos' face. The Elf-shaped Silver Tatsu relaxed slightly. Animals were more clever than most people thought, and he was usually welcome among them. Mother-Panda snorted gently and turned away. Without a sound, Niklos resumed his route.

A few seconds later, he felt a pull down his cloak.

"Mrrrr !"

"Oh dear..."

Edited by Nyxl

((Mind if I join?))

The Skeleton’s Eye was a pirate ship, the scourge of the Southern Islands. It was a small galley, built especially for coastal raids, and for moving up rivers. It had a row of eight oars on each side, and a single mast. On its head flew a scarlet sail bearing a skull with a single eye. The crew was composed mainly of humans and orchans, with a few draegoni, and their captain was a human. His name was Radafar, and he was feared wherever he sailed. True, a small few, the 'Knights of the Dragon' had faced up to him, but he had killed them all... all besides e one before him that is. But he would soon join his comrades.

The knight in question was being held on deck before him, forced onto his knees by two burly sailors. He was still in his armor, of steel plates. On his breastplate was the symbol of his order, a dragon as red as fire. His helm had been lost long ago during his capture. His head was bowed as he waited, silently.

The captain drew his long saber, its curved blade shining in the crimson light of the sinking sun. He advanced, motioning for his crew to step aside. The two sailors pushed the knight slightly forward, leaving the captain enough room to swing. "You thought you could resist me, you and your foolish order! No one ever defies me and lives! I will send you to the underworld, to burn in fire with your friends." The captain leaned closer, "Tell the wraith that Radafar sent you."

For the first time the knight looked up. He stared at the captain, his eyes revealing the burning fury of his righteous wrath. When he spoke, his voice was flat and hard. "You are wise to kill me while I am in your power." That was all he said, but his tone of voice almost sent a shiver up Radafar's back. Almost. He raised his blade, prepared for a strike, when the knight rose to action. He jerked to the left, his armor adding to his momentum. The pirates trying to hold him down were pulled with him. The saber descended, missing its intended victim and ending the life of one of the seamen. The knight fought like a tiger, striking out with a sword he had taken from one of his captors.

~~Later~~

The knight fell to the deck, his armor was stained as red as the dragon painted there with blood coming from many wounds. He had been lucky that the pirates had no skill in archery or magic, or he assuredly would not have survived. In the red mist that surrounded the memory of the battle, all that he could see was himself fighting like a berserk in the prow where they could only attack from one side. Then entire crew, about twenty men, had been slain or cast overboard. Not without cost; he felt faint from loss of blood. If he had remained conscious a minute longer, he would have seen the glittering snow of the Trassian shore...

(Sorry if this is a bit longish))

Edited by Dunian

(( Ok, looking great so far, love it! ^.^ I'm still looking for a knight to join me though, lol. And remember, anyone can join in. Cheers! ))

(( Ok, looking great so far, love it! ^.^ I'm still looking for a knight to join me though, lol. And remember, anyone can join in. Cheers! ))

I'll keep around Palon Vertas for now. You know I'm not much into fighting, and am not likely to "play" a knight...

The Mother-Panda, having bite-grabbed her child by the skin of his neck, turned around. After a ruffle in the bushes, the she-bear had vanished and Niklosyan let out a sigh of relief. The Elf re-adjusted his cloak and went north, aiming for the city.

Reaching the murals, he called a guard and explained quickly the situation in the jungle, about the gathering of Orcs, different from all of those creatures he'd ever met before. The guard, sceptic at first, decided that it was more careful to warn his chief and colleagues, instead of shrugging off what could have been a bad joke. The Elf did not look like a prankster. Besides, the guy was well-known in the area, for being a very calm and constant Healer. Most miners had learnt to appreciate his presence, down in the caves...

Later on, Niklos was warning the people on the southern bank of the river, where most of the miners and peasants lived. There, he received more credit, and the men (and a few strong women as well) started arming themselves, and set a watch at the border of the jungle.

Satisfied for the moment being, the Healer resumed his activities around the caves. He soon found himself caring for a newcomer, a young man who'd taken a few breaths of a pouch of gaz, released by an unfortunate pickaxe hit.

"Wow, thank you..."

"Thank Mother-Panda, for I would not be here but for her..."

"What is that ? A religion ?"

Niklos grimaced. He'd never been into god'ish stuff at all. Since he'd lost Kaliopi, and then Xylonia, he'd completely shunned the Pantheon of Eternal Lands.

"Nay, just a self-depreciative comment. Here. Get out of the cave and breathe some fresh air, that will complete nicely my treatment."

"Huh... Okay, I guess."

"And be careful. Orcs are planning something nasty, they might be attacking Palon Vertas some day soon."

"Really ? Woah, I'd better pay attention..."

"You do that."

The Healer turned back and went in the tunnel where the pouch of gaz was released, in search for other people to help. The young miner then noticed how the lower part of Niklos' cloak was shredded...

(( This is my first RP post ))

Prince Sistema and Hyperion travelled to the lands of Northern Irilion to ask for the help of their allies, the humans, although not accompanied with their knight. They set sail for Idaloran. On the way, Hyperion spoke.

- What will become of the Draegoni race if we have to ask for help from the humans, brother?

- I don't know, Hype. But it won't do our name well. Draegoni have been known as a strong race.

- Well in my eyes, asking for help is not a weakness, its just that...

- Yes, Hype?

- ...Well I can't stand asking for help when we can handle them on our own. We have enough fighters and you know it, brother.

- Yes, I know. But we need to warn our allies, and that's our main priority at this point...

Meanwhile, in Palon Vertas, the orcs were getting impatient and more louder then they already were. One of the higher ranked orcs stepped forward.

- Sir, what is our goal here? I don't see a point in standing here like this.

- Silence! You are not to question my orders, do you UNDERSTAND!

- Yyyyyess....Sirrrr...

- Good, now get our troops together and send them to Idaloran! The time has come. Have them gather on the little isle and stay out of sight!

- Yes Sir! Right away Sir!

The orc captain gathered his troops and slowly started marching towards Idaloran.

After a long conversation about the Draegoni and there allies, Sistema and Hyperion arrived in Idaloran where a good friend of them was waiting for their arrival. A small Dwarven male appeared as they came closer.

(( Ok, dunno if its any good but its your turn:P ))

Edited by Hyperion

Hyperion looked away, a single tear in his eye. "Hello old friends, what brings you too idaloran?" Exclaimed the dwarf. "surely you heard of the orc invasion?" asked sistema. "Well of course I did, who hasn't?" "we were sent off too get allie help from the other villages or let alone-" as sistema rolled on about nothing, a distant rumbling was heard.

" so now how did-" sistema stopped and listened. His keen dragoni ears could hear distant rumbling in the direction of bethel. "i bet that blasted desert chimeran is roaming the idaloran desert again, that thing gets so anoying" said scullsyk in an angry voice. "this happens often then?" asked the wondering hyperion. "you should hear it when the cyclops starts riding the thing, the ringing in my ears is still there from last time."

Thats when they heard the shrilling scream of a young elf. "its coming from bethel!" shouted scullsyk "lets go!" "Wait" said an unheard voice. "its coming from the center of town." out stepped off the boat for the first time was asgnny, strongest of the 4. "well, look who sistema and hyperion brought up, asgnny! so, what are we waiting for, ets et your horses and..." scullsyk was lead off with the raise of sistemas hand.

"we do not riide horses, as princes we ride a me royal steed. Prepare the arctic chimerans, asgnny!" as asgnny walked away, he smiled too himself on how shocked scullsyk looked

(thats all i got for now, someone please continue it for me...or i could finish it :blink: )