Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest stalag

Ring of power

EMEs i would reserve for something in the future, why not use a serp stone in a ring of power like ghrae suggested? i really like that idea, would also slowly increase the value of serp stones again!

1 stone of binding, 10 rings of damage, 50 death essences, 1 serp stone 

let's see, I can never tell why people say the serp stone is more common - I've actually had more rostogals harvesting than serp stones...

Keep training until you get trolls and up. They drop like crazy.

Do have to say, I was mostly focusing on my harvesting efforts here - when you consider the monster drops on the male orcs and trolls I've fought (well, a few trolls, backed off since my titanium chain got damaged), it's actually evened up some.

Just considering harvesting effort, serp stones are rarer than rostogals, from what I've seen. A little more than a dozen rostogals versus 2-3 serp stones I've pulled from harvests.

Back on topic - I like the idea that EME will be used for something, but being able to intentionally manufacture rare items seems a little cheap to me... though, working with this idea involved, using a serp stone seems fair.

Edited by Arnieman

Well, I can never pleasw everyone, so the last formula stays.

However, that doesn't mean that there will be no other uses for the enriched magic essences.

And we can do some other stuff with the serpent stones as well.

There are a few new items I plan to add.

Ok, fine, how about this:

1 stone of binding, 10 rings of damage, 50 death essences, 1 enriched magic essence ?

Since the rings usually need fire essences to be made, what about using EFEs instead?

Maybe 2-3 EFEs, with the current price at about 2.5k, will raise the cost to make RoP and at the same time also the market request for efes

(I've no idea of how many there are on market atm, but maybe that could manage to send prices up a bit)

Theryndan

The last recipe seems fine to me, from various standards:

- economical: reasonable cost to produce

- difficulty: you still need something that is made by chance

- RP-ing: "this ring is not crafted by fire, but made by magically melding 10 Rings of Damage and 50 Essences of Death together (by using a stone of binding and an enriched ME)" Makes more RP-sence to me, somehow

15k for a ring of power is not worth it with the cooldown

u cant kill any1 with it, just do 50 more damage

Guest stalag

maybe im not in the right direction but if ROP stay at 12k you will buy it? In economic laws for make money you need massification of sells even Ferrari and Porches sell more then you imagine.

So, i buy a ROP for 12k or 15k and go to pk with it; kill a dude with full plate and lucky me no rostogal; he drops cuisses and torso plate at current prices i make around 14k, 15k -> where is my profit??

The fisrt formula is far the best option to shake market even for crafters...stay it at 12k and no one will buy them...put it at 1.5k or at most 2k and u will have demand for it in imho.

I dont care much about the drops, so i wont mind paying more, but the ring is useless, since evry1 heal at 60-70++ so i wont buy them

ring of power should be 1-2k imo

I agree with scarr. besides, you can really only use 1 ring of power maybe 2 per fight. i'm not sure what the cooldown is on them atm, it should be less than ring of damage tho. also it would be good if it had another ability like damage their armor or break the rostogol stone [i know this was suggested before] because otherwise RoP doesn't really do that much for the money you pay for it

I dont care much about the drops, so i wont mind paying more, but the ring is useless, since evry1 heal at 60-70++ so i wont buy them

People do restoration when they have over 50 points of health still?

The idea is to get them below, them nail them with ROP as a final quick blow.

I think it's b/c of thermal serp that makes very high damage.

Well trust me , a Experience player heal at 60-70+

its stil hard to wait for the right moment to use a Rop, its useless

Yes Ghrae, thermals, bones of death all make it to where if you wanna live you have to heal at 60-70 mp left.

I don't see these going over well, just more items to clutter up storage. There's not really all that much gold left to spend on making items like this now, least not for me. I do good to keep fp's for making stuff for me.

Anyway, the last formula would work, IF the cool down time on the item was extremely low so that it would make it feasible to actually use these rings.

I have few ROP's, all got for free ;) but i won't use them because :

but the ring is useless, since evry1 heal at 60-70++

I think the last formula for ROP is good

Edited by NitageR

Ok then, I can reduce their cooldown a little.

What cooldown would you suggest?

Could make it 7 seconds so it's like using ring of damage before cooldown.

Good point about the price being too high by the way, if it costs more than a rost then anyone worth using it on will likely have a rost ...

maybe the original formula was fine after all? Neither RoP nor extra mana/health are of much use :/

No, mana is of a lot of use, if you have the pots. With that you get 5 mana per second, where as an sr gives less than 1 mana per second ;/

Ok then, I can reduce their cooldown a little.

What cooldown would you suggest?

what cooldown has it now?

i think 10-15 sec will do

The value of an item such as RoP seems to be two fold:

- The ingredients that make it up

- The usefulness of it as a game tool

We seem to have a decent set of suggestions for the ingredients to help maintain rarety and cost.

What if the RoP did more damage? Say 75pts? Would that make it more worthwhile as a final blow device useful for fighters?

(Please note: I ask this question out of personal curiosity and not because I have any ability at all to make the change)

If it did 75-100 damage that might make it more useful. You have to remember that most pk'ers have a crown of life, which gives them 150 more mp than normal. So say a fighter that has 125 mp normally goes into kf with a CoL on, they now have 275mp. If you have a thermal serp, then you have a chance a decent fight. Like Scarr said, most good fighters heal at 60-70 mp, so the ring would have to do enough damage to catch them just before that restore limit. Mana is to precious to waste on too early of a restore, but they will definitely think twice about wether the opponent has a RoP in inventory or not.

The cost of it is going to be an issue tho. Yes, I'd like to see crafting get a boost, but face it..Most everyone in game is broke right now. Who's going to have the money to buy the ingredients to make them, much less buy the finished product the way things are right now. All this has to be taken into consideration.

Which begs the question:

Like CoL and Therm Serps, should a RoP be a rare item? A wildcard in a PK fight? Or a common item?

I'm not suggesting that RoP be an easy stroke... it's sort of a gamble for everyone. It gives the owner an edge if he knows how to use his equipment (and when) and the oponent that feeling of :S since he won't know who has one or not.

Hmm where are the old times where healing in PK at 40 HP was normal..

Now gotta heal at 80+ if the ring will do 75 damage healing will be needed at 100+.

I know there are life crowns but still you have to heal early , PKing without a life crown is killing yourself these days.

I would says YES to make cooldown of ROP shorter to ~10 seconds and keep it 50 damage.

Just what I think of it.