Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New feature coming soon

the bag is only good for events in my opinion

harvesters can just sit friends bags

Pkers dont need a extra bag for pk, becuz u will never run out of sr with cooldown

You know, there are more than just PKers and harvesters in the game.

Its a magical idea and I love it ;)

In addition: perhaps we could have some Invisable Bag perk..which makes your deathbag invisable when you drop it...?

*hugs*

Jez

Edited by Jezebelle

It's a great idea and i love it! ;)

Only one question though, if i drop 5 items in a hyp. bag and some1 else drops 5 items in the same spot, thus getting the 10 items in 1 hyp. bag, will the one going back 2 the spot first and use the key 2 get the bag down again get all 10 items?

Permanant storage on-map is a strongly needed feature. But why call it "hyperspace bags" and "keys"? Isnt this buried treasure? (shovels & maps). Ho hum.

Entris: I think that each location would have one possible hbag, so all go into the same bag. Since keys are not tied to a particular bag (no unique items), then the entire hbag would be recovered. Any one could use a recovery key there and get the entire bag.

Could be used to add an entirely new aspect to the game in the form of treasure hunters: Spawn buried treasure. Throw in a few exotic items, not available by any other means (at least initially), lost ancient artifacts etc. Add a bit of danger -- traps in bags (req. dexterity to get around, in lue of theif skills), or generally dangerous locales (though M.Mag. negates most monter threats... one 'trap' could spawn a mad beast, as you dig into its lair).

One question -- if you use a recover key on a site without an hbag, do you lose the key anyway?

Yet another addendum... Adding a Note with Buried treasure. Could it be possible to add a text field to a hbag? Store a message which is revealed when the bag is recovered? This could be used to plant clues in treasure hunts, though players should be able to leave a 'note' when they bury the bag.

Edited by trollson

Good question Entris, I'd like to know the answer to that one myself, as it is the first thign that occured to me when reading about the partial drops earlier in this thread, to fill the 10 spaces.

And scarr, this hyperspace bag means you dont have to run off to empty your inventory if you get a full load of my leathers next time you pk me! You can drop it and stay in KF for teh next n00b pwnage!

;)

(Yeah I know, on load isnt enough to make you go to molgor but I am sure in the busy periods theres times where making one of these bags will prove useful to you, to prevent us enemies from reclaiming stuff you just got from our guildies. Make the bag, fight off your opponent then come back later and reclaim what you dropped without fearing that someone else took the bag)

I like trollsons name for the bags more: buried treasure, it fits more into the game.

But i'm thinking, so when someone drop a bag somewhere and never get it back, the server will soon be spawned with bags no one can see :|

W00T!

Bag drop contests without a time limit.

THAT sounds great :D

Piper

We must also ban learner from teaching the ants how to use these :icon13:

(skull and skeleton key)

i seen that movie once :icon13:

anyway sounds great i can't wait till it's on the main server :D

btw trollsons idea with the note sounds like a cool add-on

W00T!

Bag drop contests without a time limit.

THAT sounds great :D

Piper

We must also ban learner from teaching the ants how to use these :icon13:

Thanks for the idea :)

Perminant sortage on-map is a strongly needed feature. But why call it "hyperspace bags" and "keys"? Isnt this buried treasure? (shovels & maps). Ho hum.

Originally it was going to be Buried treasure, with using a shovel. But then you weren't going to be able to hold the shovel or really "dig" with it-you would just "use" the shovel in your inv. and it'd dissapear. I thought that was kinda silly, so I suggested to ent we make it a magical thing...then he thought of using the keys, and well of course "hyperspace" coms from him :icon13: But you can call it simply making the bags invisible, using the magically crafted keys :D

Besides, buried treasure implies a treasure chest and all that...I'd rather wait for those to use the name "Buried Treasure".

Edit: although using keys for the bags is sort of odd, now that you mention it, they should be used to open locks.

... But then you weren't going to be able to hold the shovel or really "dig" with it-you would just "use" the shovel in your inv. and it'd dissapear. ...

Right. Hmm. In that case I'd have gone with reusing the pick axe, and added some other item to be consumed in-inventory by the process (ink and paper to make a map or something -- a simpler metaphore?).

I guess I just prefer to limit the number of new axioms in a fantasy world; doesnt seem like a new one is really needed to explain what is happening here.

Wouldn't this increase the ease of multichar cheating? As it is now, there is a fairly high risk of someone else coming across the bag, but with this...

Tigs

Wouldn't this increase the ease of multichar cheating? As it is now, there is a fairly high risk of someone else coming across the bag, but with this...

Tigs

If u want to ship items from one char to another it is already very easy to do.

will these bags count towards the max-bags per map? if so, there's the potential for abuse

if not, they have their own count, it's not so bad since the client (presumably) doesn't know about them

what happens if there's a normal bag placed on one of these ones? and if they don't interact from this, and it's allowed (if not, then it's a way to check if there's a hidden bag there), then what happens when you unlock the hidden bag? the items 'mix' into the normal bag?

and can we have a more medieval name for them? (yeah, yeah, that's a battle that was lost long ago and I'm still fighting it, I know)

The problem is that the srver will bear the possibly large amount of bags or not. Imagie for example that when it is implemented, everyone starts to make bags and forgets where they put it. So they make another one. 10 000s of bags will start to grow on the maps, and this number will increase, because the bags don't disappear.

The problem is that the srver will bear the possibly large amount of bags or not. Imagie for example that when it is implemented, everyone starts to make bags and forgets where they put it. So they make another one. 10 000s of bags will start to grow on the maps, and this number will increase, because the bags don't disappear.

Let us worry about issues like that, ok?

Perminant sortage on-map is a strongly needed feature. But why call it "hyperspace bags" and "keys"? Isnt this buried treasure? (shovels & maps). Ho hum.

If by "perminent" you mean "permanent" and by sortage you mean "storage", ub every map, then dream on, it's not going to happen.