Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New feature coming soon

I am almost done with their implementation, hopefully Monday they will be on the test server, and if everythign goes well, they will be on the main server in 2-3 weeks.

Now, what are the hyperspace bags?

Basically, there will be two keys (skull and skeleton key). They will be manufacturable with the crafting skill, and I am not sure yet of their formula. In the beginning they will just be avaiable for sale from an NPC, in order to remove some gold coins from the game.

So, what are the hyperspace bags, and why are they so cool?

Basically, they are just like the normal bags, with a few exceptions:

1. They do not time out (they stay there until someone empties them)

2. They are not visible.

3. They can hold only 10 different items, unlimited quantities.

How will they work:

You put 10 items in a bag (if you put more, only the first 10 items will be counted), then you click on a special item (a key) and those items dissapear in the hyperspace. The key then dissapears.

To retrive those items, you go where a hyperspace bag is (you will have to know the exact location), you use a different item (another key) and the items appear in a bag at your feet.

They are cool for a number of reasons:

1. The keys will be relatively expensive to buy/make which will prevent most of the people from going each location searchign for hidden bags. Which allows you to place some not very expensive items in a place where they are relatively safe. So later on you can go there and recover them. You can hide healing potions, tools, and so on.

Hiding anything you can't afford to lose is a bad idea, because while hard to find, a dedicated player can find them. There will also be some spells/items to retrive all the hyperspace bags from a small area.

2. It will be great for contests, we can hide items in the hyperspace then give hints about their location.

Any questions? (that were NOT addressed in this post)

Any comments?

Well Ent i think this idea of yours is good and beacuse it's going to be emplemented soon we will se how cool it is :)

Edited by zoki

So if i understand it correctly, this bag will never go poof unless the contents are emptied? and i know you stated that there will be two keys are we gonna need 1 key to send it to hyper and then the other key to open it back up? << wasnt sure about that..

EDIT: : also wanted to say thanks for considering to make them craftable, now i have an excuse to level that up a tad more ^^ no gc for c2 books lol :>

Edited by chaoogie

I am almost done with their implementation, hopefully Monday they will be on the test server, and if everythign goes well, they will be on the main server in 2-3 weeks.

once again a fantastic idea EL is going from strength to strength.

proud to be part of it :)

Hmmm, interesting concept. Got map mark's anyone? You *really* don't want to forget where you left it... ;-)

i would suggest 500gc per key or 250 for one 500 for the other, better outflow and crafters can have a little more change in their pockets

Edited by chaoogie

This sound <----- so -----> cool!

View things:

1. Creating the hyperspace bag will look like emptying a bag (for other players)?

2. I can imagine there won't be any (programmatic) problems when someone drops a bag on the very same location as a hyperspace bag, but what do you want to happen when one tries to change that bag into a second hyperspace bag?

This sound <----- so -----> cool!

View things:

1. Creating the hyperspace bag will look like emptying a bag (for other players)?

2. I can imagine there won't be any (programmatic) problems when someone drops a bag on the very same location as a hyperspace bag, but what do you want to happen when one tries to change that bag into a second hyperspace bag?

1. Yes, will look the same.

2. Then if the hyperspace bag is full, no items will go there and the key will be lost. If there is partial room, only some items will go there.

sounds great! great!

if its invisible, how are you meant to know you're on top of a hyperspace bag? (in the perspective of someone other than the person who dropped that hyperspace bag who is looking for hyperspace bags) will the little hand come up when you hover your mouse over it?

Edited by algunar

...when you drop srs they go into one slot....... 0.0...................................................

when a hyperspace bag is opened does it revert back to a reg. bag that will p00f after 12 mins

and damn u were 3 mins faster than me ent...its the game..slowing me down lol

Edited by chaoogie

so tell if im right, you can only be sure that there is a hyperspace bag under your feet if you're the one that dropped it. you can use your key at any time to see if there's a bag below you, if there isnt then you lose your key, if there is then you lose your key and gain the contents right?

again, great! great! idea

Might be a little ahead of this post but was curious if you had plans for the rest of the keys in the tex. folder been curious about those for th elongest time

so tell if im right, you can only be sure that there is a hyperspace bag under your feet if you're the one that dropped it. you can use your key at any time to see if there's a bag below you, if there isnt then you lose your key, if there is then you lose your key and gain the contents right?

again, great! great! idea

Exactly!

So going "bag hunting" will not be very profitable, although, like I said, there will be some items and/or spells to reveal the nearby hyperspace bags.

But of course, you can't be sure there is a bag there even if you dropped it, there is always a chance someone took it while you were away ;)

Might be a little ahead of this post but was curious if you had plans for the rest of the keys in the tex. folder been curious about those for th elongest time

Yeah, I do have some plans for some of them. But too early to tell.

the bag is only good for events in my opinion

harvesters can just sit friends bags

Pkers dont need a extra bag for pk, becuz u will never run out of sr with cooldown