Eternal Lands Official Forums
vitez

EL "changelog"

I think all EL players will agree with this.

See, usually after each update there are some new stuff (new items). For instance consider the last update. Radu's msg was "two new rare items has been added". Nothing else, no more information about it, and from my experience we would wait 1 year for encyclopedia to have information about those items.

What I think should be done, and PROFESSIONAL, and I think we, players, deserve that too, is that after each update, developers should make DETAILED pages about EACH new item which has been added, and initial text would contain links to those pages.

It is annoying that we just know there are few new items and we know nothing about them...

uhhh not really. The players CAN figure it out. For instance, when he added helm of life/helm of mana people figured out about it in about a day or less, and soon everyone who actually would buy one knew where to buy it, and for how much

No.

Following your theory we would allow all the spoilers and cheats to be posted and announced all over as well. The whole point is to give the players something to find out and discover.

Some things we tell, some we don't.

Part of it is to allow those people that like to discover and search for things somethings to do.

I'm not as interested in details about newly added elements (maps, items, etc.) as I'd be in details about bugfixes, balancings, or optimizations...

Professional disease, I guess...

Guest stalag
It is annoying that we just know there are few new items and we know nothing about them...

I agree with Vitez here. If there are people that just wanna find for themselves great just dont look in a possible spoiler topic that should have been created a long time ago imho.

Some things we tell, some we don't.

I see what u mean and i agree but if a spoiler section would be available created by players input would be nice also and would put happy the discover players (cuz they wouldn't go there) and the lazy ones like myself that would always be there. :o

Spoilers are not supported by EL and there won't be a section made for that.

@ Nyxl: Not all bugs are things we want advertised :o even if they are fixed. The balancings and optimizations we do try to keep everyone informed about if it directly affects them, although sometimes it's more trouble to announce them (and dealing with the "huh?"'s afterwards) than it is to not. Most people won't have a clue what we're talking about and a lot of things don't affect the players directly anyway.

It's more fun if we don't get to know everything and have room and space to discover for ourselves.

On the other han I really think the enzyclopedia should be updated more often. We have a few items in the game that are really old nowadays and still not mentioned in the enzyclopedia.

On the other han I really think the enzyclopedia should be updated more often. We have a few items in the game that are really old nowadays and still not mentioned in the enzyclopedia.

Yes, we are working on that, if you see something that's missing, please...post it in the encyc thread! :o (We need to keep Torg busy *giggles*)

Well, IMHO I believe that you shout post something (like formulas for new tele rings for example - that would be nice), but leave somethings for players to discover on their own like npcs who sell new items, etc...

Keep it balanced, after all, not everything added is soposed to be a secret? (or am I wrong)

AND NO SPOILERS PLEASE :o

Not everything is secret, but it's good to give those people a chance to search things out a chance to look for them before posting details publicly.

It would be nice to know what the new items are so we at least have a starting place on how to find the formula rather than picking random combinations (which would take literally forever).

You can always search through textures and meshes in EL folder to see what was added :o

I think you will be surprised if you do that. Those are added into the client, while this was a server only update.

I think you will be surprised if you do that. Those are added into the client, while this was a server only update.

Yes I know its only server update. But Ive found in these folders (especially textures) lots of stuff that is not in the game yet, like new bars, keys, nails. So still, this will limit the area for researches.

Yes I know its only server update. But Ive found in these folders (especially textures) lots of stuff that is not in the game yet, like new bars, keys, nails. So still, this will limit the area for researches.

I think the keys have been there for a year.

I agree with Vitez and would like to add that if u like to search for things, maps etc. like some ppl here mentions, u can choose to do so by not looking in the 'changelog'.

You all have to agree that u have seen ppl get angry and mad for the ridiculous answears like 'no i cant tell u where second continent is because its a secret'. Now if that aint spoiling some of the players fun, then what is?

Now if that aint spoiling some of the players fun, then what is?

Can't please all of the people all of the time. No matter what we had decided, a group of people wouldn't like it. Sometimes we just have to make executive decisions how we want to do things and this is one of them.

Now if that aint spoiling some of the players fun, then what is?

Can't please all of the people all of the time. No matter what we had decided, a group of people wouldn't like it. Sometimes we just have to make executive decisions how we want to do things and this is one of them.

And even if the dislikers group is in minority; no information or help is fair?

I think devs have more important things to do, then specifying what was added. For me it would be just a waist of their precious time.

It usually takes me about 1-2h to find out all most important things from update. Besides all info appears (with delay of course) on unofficial sites.

You got me :D

Begs the question as to why you play the game? And more so what type of players play the game.

You may want nothing more than to be a collector. In which case, such information seems valuable to you. Others may be explorers, in which case, finding that info themselves is valuable.

In either way, the game is not here to just put things before you. One way or the other, you will have to work at it. Even if that is paying the Explorer type for the information. Or *gasp* being patient until it becomes more common knowledge.

And think about this thread... if you ask me, one way to create renewed interest is the teasers. Everyone is now eager (and in some cases drooling) over what is going to be added. There are threads and conversations and no doubt some opportunists out there posed to take advantage of any and all info as it is released.

If you ask me, it sounds like the game is working just fine with the way the deal out information.

And even if the dislikers group is in minority; no information or help is fair?

I'd be interested to know where you got your statistics from.

Edit: I know i've seen Ent say EL isn't a democracy :D

Begs the question as to why you play the game? And more so what type of players play the game.

You may want nothing more than to be a collector. In which case, such information seems valuable to you. Others may be explorers, in which case, finding that info themselves is valuable.

In either way, the game is not here to just put things before you. One way or the other, you will have to work at it. Even if that is paying the Explorer type for the information. Or *gasp* being patient until it becomes more common knowledge.

And think about this thread... if you ask me, one way to create renewed interest is the teasers. Everyone is now eager (and in some cases drooling) over what is going to be added. There are threads and conversations and no doubt some opportunists out there posed to take advantage of any and all info as it is released.

If you ask me, it sounds like the game is working just fine with the way the deal out information.

As I said, even if u players were in minority...

I was then referring to that most other mmorpgs have this kind of information of what u can do and what u cant do, what their stats are and what they're used for. I dont say i read a whole manual before playing a game. But no reson to get upset when some players ask why this game not provide all and/or delayed information.

I'd be interested to know where you got your statistics from.

If u read again, maybe u can see that it wasnt a statement.

Edited by Gravito

I'm not upset, I'm telling you why it doesn't happen.

And we aren't most mmorpgs...hence the appeal! :D

Yeah...they have..

But really i do not mind searching for updates i mean i pretty much found the 2 new items before and im not gonna say them here ,and i also pretty much guessed what the formula was (after u find the 2 its not hard to imagine) lets just say it starts with a M :D

-Mid