Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dunian

The Gems of Destiny

((Do you mean where we entered?))

"Nicae!" Rahn shouted, as he ran to the old man. Bending over him, he checked the hermit's pulse. "Weak." He muttered.

Rahn was about to turn to his companions when a dark shape descended. The first half of its body had a head of a brown bird of prey, and great talons; the other half was like that of a tawny puma or other great cat. Its huge wings were stretched out as if to cover the world in shadow. It was a creature known only in bedtime tales; a creature that Rahn had only seen once before, when they were setting out from Grahm's village. Part bird, part cat, a Griffin!

It glared down on the stricken man and the small merchant standing there with its fierce gold eyes. Its shadow fell over the pair as it descended, its giant beak opening in a bone-chilling shriek! Although he knew it would be of little help, Rahn drew his dagger.

He raised it for a strike, but the Griffin was quicker. It swooped down, beating at the party with its great wings. Grabbing Rahn with its talons, and flew off toward the dark shape of Vermor Castle! The last thing to be heard was Rahn calling, "Find the gem! Find the-"

He was cut off by a scream of victory from the griffin. And they were gone.

((Meh that'll work :-p))

Violet notices an odd shape carrying off what seems to be a defeated warrior, she looks closer and notices a creature most people from Eam have only heard about in fairy tales, a Griffin, she hears the man shouting "Find the Gems Find the-" just as he gets out of earshot, as she can still see this warrior she gestures towards him and an invisible thread wraps around his soul, allowing her to know his location but at the distance he's at now would not allow her to pull him towards her, she steps into the hedge, sensing one in trouble, she yells "Anyone in here?

((Unless sound cannot travel or something in this hedge im sure someone hears me :D ))

((I wasn't saying it had to be either one, just wasn't sure which end you meant.))

((I wasn't saying it had to be either one, just wasn't sure which end you meant.))

((Anyways, someone respond? im calling out and someone is bound to hear me__

The griffan came down a grabbed Rahn in its giant talons and flew off towards the castle. Kat started running after the griffan until she came to a dead end.

"Ahh! This is so frustrating!" she cried out as the rest were attending to Nicae.

"Find the gem! Find the-" Rahn called out.

Kat walked back over to the others, her sword still drawn, and- glowing? Strange...but i guess that makes some sense after i knocked that man out of the sky...

"Hey, guys!" Kat said proceeding to the others. Max looked up for a second, then Kat decided there were more important things.

"What is it Kat?" Max asked.

"Nothing. Nevermind." Kat hesitated for a moment putting her sword in its scabbard. "How is he?"

"Not that great. He's weak." Max said standing.

"Anyone here?" Someone called from out in the distance.

"Should we answer?" Kat asked Max

"I don't see why not." Regar said trying to do the best he can to help Nicae. "We can use some help. I am no healer."

"Over here!" Kat shouted.

A young woman walked forward into the hedges.

"Move over, let me." The girl said leaning down to Nicae's side. She ripped a piece of cloth from her sleeve, put some herbs into it from her pocket and wrapped it around Nicae's wound. "This should help stop the bleeding. Here, drink this." The young girl took out a healing potion. "This should help regain some of your strength."

It took Nicae a few moments, then he was able to sit up. "Thank you. But, who are you?"

Violet recorked the vial and put it in a pocket of her smokey gray cloak and looks towards the skies "I am Violetta Toratelli....but please, call me Vi" she tries to sense rahn's location with the magical tracking she placed on him, he still moves towards the castle, she looks down at Nicae, then to Kat, "Im guessing from the fact that most adventurers are smart enough not to pick a fight with a gryphon without proper preperation that you did not see the gryphon coming? Your friend, the one who was carried off, is still moving" she gestures in the direction the gryphon flew "That direction to be exact...what happened?"

((btw the correct spelling is Gryphon not Griffin :brooding:))

((Both ways are correct afaik))

Putting his sword back to his sheath after all the confussion, Maxim walked up to the just arrived woman, named Vi apparently.

-"Thank you for your help, Vi."- Maxim said with a grateful smile -"You've showed up just in time. If you want to tag along with us, a friend will be more than welcome."

Then Maxim looked up to where the griffin had gone.

-"Hmm... how are we gonna reach there?"- Maxim wondered out loud then.

((OOC: Both "griffin" and "gryphon" are right, as Dunian said. By the way, what's your character's race Molgrim?))

Edited by Master Maxim

Vi looks to Maxim "Im just wandering the lands...and i saw this pretty interesting hedge...well that and your friend being carried off by a gryphon shouting for the whole world to hear..What are you doing in this forsaken hedge?" she looks to the multiple paths out of the hedge and calls upon her silvery link with Rahn, she knows that if she can find the shortest route to him that will also lead her down the right paths out "I think is the way out is this way....Your friend has stopped and im afraid he is in more danger than when he was flying" she starts down a path directly to her right, following the outline of the path her magic picked out to be the shortest to follow the silvery thread

((Im a Draegoni...Though im young according to most any race, having only walked this world eighteen years. :icon13: and that spell i cast was a binding spell i used to "keep track" of where my sister and parents were just an fyi))

((I was flying too...))

Edited by Dunian

((Sorry Dunian, I got confused there :) . Thank you for clearing that up))

Nicae felt very weak, his power was coming back yet it would take a while. He couldn't even sense some of the most basic magic around. For now, he was helpless to follow the silvery trail with the rest. Bah! I wish I knew how to do it, I'll have to ask her later. His eyes constantly looked at the sky, trying with all his might to probe the them once more. If only Rahn hadn't been captured! We could have rested! Tingles came into his fingers, slowly his power was replenishing.

They then came upon a the massive gate of Lord Vermor. He then had a fleeting image.

A man with a large staff was speaking to powerful, massive creatures. Their bodies were stonelike and their faces knew how to compel others into fear. "I, the prophet of your people have seen the images of Vermor". "How do we know you are the one"? The figure had his grey cloak at his shoulders, and from his hand he weilded a dirk. Behind him was a banner that had not been seen for many,many years. "Because he is awakening he has given me his dirk, and his banner. He told me, 'May my people once again be a power of the East, and not a bunch of rabble'". The Gargoyles howled and banged their feet upon the tiles. "Even now, the weak fools who have mocked you have sent a force to finally end your empire"! "Never, never we will take back what was once ours and make happy Vermor. With that they marched off, the banner at the front.

They are tricked by a servant. He is not one of their Holy Prophets. But, it does not matter to us now. Unless we get to Rahn first, he will be killed.

"Let us go forth"

((If you guys don't like it tell me))

Edited by sparhawk

((c'mon, get in VC and rescue me!!11!!~)

Rahn's breath was nearly driven from him as he was slammed into the roof when the Griffin dropped him. It screeched and reared up over him, its golden eyes gleaming as it prepared to finish him. Grasping his dagger in his right hand, Rahn felt behind him with his left, searching for something to throw. Instead of finding a loose shingle or a branch, his hand felt empty space.

The Griffin struck, but the merchant was too quick. He rolled over to his left, flinging himself into a hole where part of the roof had been knocked away. The Griffin's cruel beak knocked away some of the shingles in the spot where Rahn had been lying a second before. Falling through the hole, Rahn landed on the floor of what must have been an attic many long years ago.

The Griffin peered over the edge, its golden eyes unblinking. Rahn held his dagger tightly. Then from behind him, a dark form uttered a strange word of command. Instantly, the Griffin shrieked and flew away, towards the bridge that led to the island that the ancient castle stood upon.

Rahn turned around to see who had saved him, but was hit instantly with a small puff of black smoke. An insenseable Rahn was dragged away by great stone hands...

Edited by Dunian

-"Bring it on!!"- Maxim yelled as he ran towards the just reanimated gargoyles, drawing his sword and preparing it to charge.

As he reach the first one, Maxim shattered it with a single thrust of his sword, and slashing while turning around finished a second one. Cold and unfeeling, all the gargoyles walked at once towards the group, with the only idea in mind of exterminating it.

-"Come on, people, I could use some help with this!"- Maxim yelled as he kept finishing off the upcoming fiends.

Edited by Master Maxim

Kat started sprinting up to the gargoyles, her sword drawn, she plunged it right through the skull of one. not watching for it to fall, or even to see if it died, she ran up and sliced through the side of another.

Right then and there, she was surronded by at least 20 of the ancient, cold, stone monsters. She shoved her sword into the ground and knelt down, both hands grasping the hilt. she was concentrating, thinking, quickly of how to destory them...she felt a power going through her fingers, going up into her arms, and into the rest of her body.

A gargoyle came flinging in the air ready to plunge right into Kat.

Kat quickly tore the sword out of the ground, and stabbing the gargoyle right where it's cold heart would be. She then swung her sword around hitting the gargoyles from directions.

"Kat! Look out!" Max yelled.

She turned around pointing her sword in the air, the garg falling from the sky, and dying at the tip of her sword. She then realized at that moment, her sword left almost an electric charge at the death...strange, yet, very cool....

She had no time to think about thatMax seemed to be holding his own pretty well.

Regar too, but decided go and him help.

All the gargoyles faced the sky...A horn was sounding...

The gargoyles were retreating...

They were safe...for now

-"Ok, seems like our stoney friends will be gone for a while, let's go, we don't have much time."- Maxim put his sword back to its sheath and kept running.

They reached the massive doors of the castle, and as it's obvious, they wouldn't budge.

-"The doors seem a bit weakened, since they're quite old... I hope this will fix."- Maxim looked for some essences in his pouch, put them in a hole on the doors and turned around. -"Run!!"

As the party stood clear from the doors, a big explosion followed, making a hole on them big enough to crawl through.

Edited by Master Maxim

Though the party was prepared for any attack that could lie in wait upon the other side of the doors, they weren't prepared for the desolate silence that waited behind the doors. Nothing stirred. Life had departed from this room long ago.

Before them stretched a long table, with a high throne at the far end. Ancient remains of those who had once dwelt here were scattered about in dark corners. To the right of the table, a case of stairs led down several steps, to be stopped by a door of wood. ((Git in there and rescue me!))

Edited by Dunian

"Well, come on! What are we waiting for? Rahn needs our help," Kat said approaching the double doors. "Nicae, do you think you'll be able to handle yourself in there? We don't want to lose you."

"Yes, i should be ok. My power is returning." the hermit replied.

"I shall assist him in anyway." said Vi.

"We will work as a team anyhow, there is no reason to split up...unless it really is big in there. We don't know what dangers will await us." Max said taking the lead.

The group entered the double doors, and when they came out on the other side, the door vanished....

Spinning around they saw many Gargoyles with their faces on the floor, and their hands placed in front of them. The chanted "To Vermor he goes!". "To our God, the most High Creater Lord of Lords Vermor this lesser sacrifice goes". Pagan... He's not even close to being a god.... A mighty stone figure, armed only with a sacrificial knife stood over a stone slab. The unknown figure was screaming as the knife came down upon him. Nicae used all of his strengh to do his spell.

Suddenly there was a large bang and Rahn was now in a far corner of the room. "I couldn't aim" muttered the tired hermit. The stone men howled! "They have defied the only God! The supreme being! They deserve to sit in his belly!"

Now thats really pagan, I'll have to have a talk with their priests some day...

Edited by sparhawk

A tall figure draped in a grey cloak stood forward. As he raised his hand, the gargoyles silenced. He stepped forward towards Rahn and bent over him. "Remember me?"

The messenger! Rahn remembered him allright. "I.. thought I could trust you.." He said weakly, "Why..?"

The messenger wasn't one to waste words. "I go to the highest bidder, and he certainly isn't you. Now where is it? Where is the destiny gem?"

"I don't know..." mumbled Rahn. "Fool!" The messenger suddenly stood up, grabbing Rahn in one hand, and threw him across the room towards his friends. "I will give you thirty minutes to decide to reveal it... or you will never see the dawn." He waved his hand a second time and he and his gargoyles melted into the darkness...

Edited by Dunian