Eternal Lands Official Forums

heya all..and especialy Learner..:D

At the risk of being cursed and swore at, lo..I want to make a suggestion..

By now..we have all learned to accept and respect and even like the Ants..they are here for a purpose..For those that dont know: the Ants are bot players who clean up YOUR mess (!!) and test out new things and trace bugs(erm..trace bugs..arent Ants bugs as well....?)

Anyway..we see them..we notice their presence when they enter our spawns..we laugh at them..we make jokes..but..what if we could actualy interact with them?

Now..i know they dont talk much..they are busy little creatures they are..but..what if we could gain some extras from them..we have all seen them at beam..half dead..sitting their till they are healed..they look a bit..lonely, in my opinion..

Now..I for one..do not realy enjoy healing them much, since they die again when I turn around..but what if..we would get twice the magic exp when we heal them? Or the etherial points we use get reflected to us?

That would realy make them more part of the comunity..wouldnt it?

Just a thought..

*hugs*

Jez

Twice magic exp might not work, too many ways to abuse it, ex: getting their health low in pk map, then healing them for a bunch of exp again and again.

However, I think it would be cool if they gave us a better message then "I'm an ant bot lalalala" when you pm them, maybe if you say Hi they say Hi back, etc.

Im doubting the double exp very much. But I think Learner can make them more socialable. Grab some AI code and throw it into them. There is a bot that already does this, a psycologist no less, but I will not reveal its location. :icon13: (Good work whoever built that by the way)

Dunno - afraid with Learner's apparent sense of humor, the Ants would become something altogether scary.

My biggest thing I don't like about the Ants is that they are powergamers, and little else. Maybe if they could be cut from the Top PLAYERS lists, as they lack an essential component of being Top Players - theyre programs, not players.

I personally think it would be cool if we could interact more with the Ant's, I'm just having trouble developing any ideas on how to do that.

I like the idea of putting an AI conversation engine into them (one of my many ideas for Trin), but I kinda wonder how many people would take the time to talk to them. That said, people talk to wandering(fool|idiot)..

Dunno - afraid with Learner's apparent sense of humor, the Ants would become something altogether scary.

Hehehe, agreed. Could still be cool though.

My biggest thing I don't like about the Ants is that they are powergamers, and little else. Maybe if they could be cut from the Top PLAYERS lists, as they lack an essential component of being Top Players - theyre programs, not players.

I'm in two minds about this one. On one hand, they get in the road and they aren't players, but at the same point its cool to see how they are progressing (Ant_Queen 5th in Harvest - eek!), and to those in the list a challange to try to overtake them.

I can see it now...

Sora_Barzahd: Hey Ant Queen!

Ant_Queen: Go to hell humkey!

Sora_Barzahd: But...

Ant_Queen: SILENCE!

Sora_Barzahd: :/

Yet another point that Arnieman agrees with me on... ;)

Wow I agreed with Mr.Mind for once! We are having weird agreements going on in this thread.

Anyhow, yeah, it is not fair that Ant_Queen gets 24 harvesting hours a day, allowing her to easily rise to #1 harvest soon. Why do these bagjumping macros get credit for these levels? :D

I must seriously have my head examined. :D

While I agree somewhat with Torg that it is kind of neat to see where the ants are on the leaderboards, maybe a way could be done to make this comparison NOT on the player leaderboards? I mean, it's not that easy to compete with something programmed to make sure to get that hour, and never really sleeps, and even has exceptions to certain rules to allow it to level skills in ways players cannot.

If you want to submit the ants to the same rules as players in every way, I'd be willing to call them players.

(Then again, dying players don't quite give me the same satisfaction to hear about as a dead ant. :D)

(Then again, dying players don't quite give me the same satisfaction to hear about as a dead ant. :D)
there's an idea. maybe we can have an ant_nelson ;)

Yet another point that Arnieman agrees with me on... :)

Wow I agreed with Mr.Mind for once! We are having weird agreements going on in this thread.

Anyhow, yeah, it is not fair that Ant_Queen gets 24 harvesting hours a day, allowing her to easily rise to #1 harvest soon. Why do these bagjumping macros get credit for these levels? :)

Because they are exempt from the rules. :)

Anyhow, yeah, it is not fair that Ant_Queen gets 24 harvesting hours a day, allowing her to easily rise to #1 harvest soon. Why do these bagjumping macros get credit for these levels? :)

On the plus side, the ants are still doing the work themselves...it's not like they bought the levels.

Now..I for one..do not realy enjoy healing them much, since they die again when I turn around..but what if..we would get twice the magic exp when we heal them? Or the etherial points we use get reflected to us?

That would realy make them more part of the comunity..wouldnt it?

Of course I don't like this idea... can you imagine everyone healing only ants , not players, just because they would benefit more from healing bots? :)

Twice magic exp might not work, too many ways to abuse it, ex: getting their health low in pk map, then healing them for a bunch of exp again and again.

However, I think it would be cool if they gave us a better message then "I'm an ant bot lalalala" when you pm them, maybe if you say Hi they say Hi back, etc.

you can heal some1 when hes at full Hp, and stil get the exp

works for any spell btw

On the plus side, the ants are still doing the work themselves...it's not like they bought the levels.

Actually, not really - you see, leveling with a macro is not "earning" your levels - it's not buying them either... understandably, when all you are is a program, how do you earn your levels if macroing is not earning them?

I STILL feel that since they are allowed to operate outside of what players can (either by rule or by programming), they should not be ranked among the players.

As for PKable on any map, think we already covered why not once before - it kind of ruins the tests they run if they can never leave IP.

As for PKable on any map, think we already covered why not once before - it kind of ruins the tests they run if they can never leave IP.

T'was a joke. Hence the :)

But now you've got me thinking..., I wonder if this could actually be done. Much the same way there are special days, it might be fun to have 1 random map for each day where they are pkable. Maybe make them pkable for 1 day every so often? Special days seem to add some variety to the game, I wonder if this could too?

It would be nice if the Ants worked on their own spell casting and healed players from time to time!

I need to finish improving some of their logic first. They currently have problems getting the Sigils and keeping the essences.

Actually, not really - you see, leveling with a macro is not "earning" your levels - it's not buying them either... understandably, when all you are is a program, how do you earn your levels if macroing is not earning them?

I STILL feel that since they are allowed to operate outside of what players can (either by rule or by programming), they should not be ranked among the players.

Ahhh bleh, I was being a bit sarcastic, not even directed at the ants :)

I don't mind them leveling, or being pkable, or whatever the current project is, but I don't think I like them being ranked with the players either.

They should NOT be ranked with players. Simple they don't have players restrictions (not only rules, but also physical ones).

Don't see reason to any pros from healing/killing/petting them.

Ahhh bleh, I was being a bit sarcastic, not even directed at the ants :D

I figured as much - Noting who that was directed at :D But I chose to treat it seriously... Yeah, that's my excuse... nah, think I'll claim it was my ficus plant. :D

But, even so, I'm still glad you (and you too, Vanyel, not leaving you out :D) agree with me and my ficus plant. :)

Heres a fun idea:

We all know that ants are made fun of in front of their faces, but what if they were to react to those respones? Heres an example ZELSE:"hey anty wanty i see you wet your pantys roflololol" ANT_21:"boo-hoo-hoo" now ant 21 starts to do 1 of 4 things to me. it can 'stalk' me for awhile until it cant find me, it could try to lure me into a PK map by giving me lil' trinkets like flowers and food saying theres a big prize for you if you come with me to this map(which theres not or is...1 in a million perhaps?), it could insult me back by rhyming my name "Zelse Zit Zero" or making comebacks "look at your stats, i bet you can kill anything with those stats cause when your opponent sees them s/he will laugh to death cause their so low lololol" and/or the 4th thing the ant could do is send a distress call out to nearby ants to come and pester you by each doing 1 of the 4 things (it would really blow when more and more come onto your screen cause they keep doing the 4th 'social' event.)it would perfom 1 of the 4 when it detects negative words(fat, ugly, annoying, selfish etc) in the same sentence with the word Ant. What do ya think?

Edited by Zelse