Eternal Lands Official Forums

Still idea is still undercooked, so, Im still working on the finer details, but as with all of the suggestions I start, Ill come back and edit them to fit the game better. Here goes.

For the past week or so I have been Pkable. I asked to be Pkable because I wanted to see what it was like to constantly be on the run. It was a lot of fun! There are downsides and Ill list them below and with my idea other changes that would need to be made. My levels are not high, they are actually just below medium. But this would be fun for anyone I think.

PKable is not fun. Its a punishment to be sure, the only fun I had with it was running around and avoiding people...and killing ants. :dry: But my system would be a way to set your player killable everywhere so you make yourself an outlaw. Here is the idea

Outlaw System

Players will be able to #outlaw yes, then type the command again to confirm.

Once an outlaw, you will always be an outlaw until you are killed.

Outlaws will be killable at all times and on all maps.

Outlaws can only be killed by Outlaws.

Outlaws killed in any method will lose their outlaw status until they set themselves back to outlaw.

Outlaws can pick up bags (With PKable you cannot...yes it bites)

You cannot #outlaw yes while on Isla Prima or Underworld. You can BE outlaw on those maps, but you cannot use the command on those maps. (This will eliminate spawn kills, Ugh I hate that while being Pkable)

You cannot #outlaw yes unless your attack and defense are above 40. (Number not set in stone)

#suicide does not remove outlaw.

No exp is gained while in an outlaw fight.

There is the basic system. I have many more ideas I would like to add to this, I will list two, but the above is what I would truly like, the below are just add-ons that would be creative and make things interesting.

Outlaw Ranking and scores:

With such a beautiful system, people want to keep track of who is the best. So I suggest a ranking system. Information is kept on how many kills on outlaws while outlaw and how many times you were killed while being an outlaw (From another outlaw)

Bounty System:

I actually like this idea better than the ranking. But allow players to go to an NPC and place a bounty on an outlaws head. When that outlaw is killed, that bounty is transfered into the outlaw that killed him's bank account. With this I could place bounties on people I want killed, Lord_Vermor for example...Ok bad example. But in this way Guilds could pull money together and place bounties on players heads they have blacklisted. (ONLY if that player is an outlaw) Outlaws will only be eligible for the bounties of players stronger than they are. Also, to limit bounties being claimed by the outlaw that was killed. For every 1000 gold coins that are placed on your head, you have that many days before you can go outlaw again. We will call that the Justice system. :P When you try to #outlaw yes you will get a message back stating "You are on the Justice system for # days more."

Special Equipment

Ohh, As this idea originally came from my Mud, I have to include special equipment, this is very unlikly to be added, but here we go. I recommend certain armors and weapons that only outlaws can wear/wield. Razor-tipped boots and greaves as well as razor-tipped plate armor were the most famous in my MUD. Also a sinister looking weapon would complete the outfit, im sure Roja could easily think of an evil outfit that would fit outlaws well.

Now for the first statement I made, This system is not foolproof, I can see many ways to get around it and I dont like that.

For example: Killing friends and letting them kill you for your outlaw ranking to raise. A workaround can be that you cannot kill the same people over and over again, after two kills no more points are added to your outlaw score from a kill on that person until...A given amount of time?

More examples: Just as in midevil days, Bounties can be claimed by friends then given or split with the person that the bounty was placed on. For this I cannot find a workaround. The only idea I had was that the person who posted that bounty would need to pay the NPC that took the bounties in advance and non-refundable. But once that outlaw (With the bounty on his head) is killed, the player that posted the bounty would need to allow the money to be paid...Nope still does not solve it. Perhaps someone here has a workaround.

Edited by Brom

The person who got the reward cant trade with the outlaw for a set amount of time? (or pick up bags from that person) Not sure if that would be doable though.

Erm, ideas, additions, comments:

o dont let outlaws respawn on IP, choose random points. Would be fun, when you respawn, nearly dead, in tajari near a grinning fluffy :dry:

o Bounty system: Not only outlaws can kill outlaws, you can buy a license at the bounty NPC for a special bounty/player and then hunt them. For a fee like 10% of the bounty you will get when you kill that player or such.

o About getting XP, the outlaw gets fighting XP, the ones who fight him get no XP, they have the chance to get the bounty (if there is one. or, whats about a standard bounty of 100gc or such and ppl can raise it by paying gc?).

o limited time: if you type #outlaw yes, youre an outlaw for a given amount of days/hour. maybe one ingame day, or one full real life day.

Well, thats so far my thoughts. Could be funny, being on the run :P

Piper

You cannot #outlaw yes while on Isla Prima or Underworld. (This will eliminate spawn kills, Ugh I hate that while being Pkable)

#suicide does not remove outlaw.

If you suicide you will go to underworld with an outlaw state and that would contradict your guidelines.

For more fun, perhaps it would be better if an outlaw cannot activate the #suicide command. Since s/he will probably use it to get away from being killed by hunters.

And also, #beam me command should be deactivated for outlaws. Same goes for ring of Isla Prima and if there is a teleportal to IP from teleportal room.

Edited by jhunlemon

The idea could work, i suggest when you have outlawed yourself you can gain exp, but also when you die you lose 5%? of you a/d That way you will want to try to stay alive, and then after a hour you become normal again, you also get a small amount of exp if you make it throw that hour without getting killed.

While in outlaw mode you will gain twice as much exp in all skills, and it is much hard to train when there are people that can kill you (make it so everyone can attack an outlaw), also outlaws cant #suisied or go to IP in any way, if they try to they automaticly get teleported to kf entace? or maybe another popular place

nah people would kill you in hell, so rostogol wont help you much

Try again, You cannot outlaw while in Hell or on IP. :icon13:

The idea could work, i suggest when you have outlawed yourself you can gain exp, but also when you die you lose 5%? of you a/d That way you will want to try to stay alive, and then after a hour you become normal again, you also get a small amount of exp if you make it throw that hour without getting killed.

While in outlaw mode you will gain twice as much exp in all skills, and it is much hard to train when there are people that can kill you (make it so everyone can attack an outlaw), also outlaws cant #suisied or go to IP in any way, if they try to they automaticly get teleported to kf entace? or maybe another popular place

Interesting idea on the exp gain or the perks of going outlaw. But I do not think it should really be a positive thing, or if it is, a very slight increase, not double. And exp will not be gained while being outlaw fighting outlaws. That is to eliminate players endlessly leveling on eachother. You can still gain exp as an outlaw fighting anything with the exception of other outlaws. And outlaws will not be killable by all people because we would have hundreds of dead newbies per day. Sorry. That is also why there is a level requirement on it. I am raising it to 40 on my suggestion.

If you suicide you will go to underworld with an outlaw state and that would contradict your guidelines.

For more fun, perhaps it would be better if an outlaw cannot activate the #suicide command. Since s/he will probably use it to get away from being killed by hunters.

Thats what I mean...Ill try to clarify.

Presumably outlaws would also be antisocial? NPC would not want to be seen with a Wolfshead.

I would tie the outlaw ranking with the bounty system -- you are only eligable for the bounty on outlaws of greater rank than yourself.

Of course, making a kill increases your outlaw rank; so as you collect more bounties, there are fewer characters you can hunt down, and more who will come after you.

Presumably outlaws would also be antisocial? NPC would not want to be seen with a Wolfshead.

I would tie the outlaw ranking with the bounty system -- you are only eligable for the bounty on outlaws of greater rank than yourself.

Of course, making a kill increases your outlaw rank; so as you collect more bounties, there are fewer characters you can hunt down, and more who will come after you.

Darn decent Idea, though I think it would throw the entire system into a different method. I like the idea that every outlaw can kill every other outlaw. We could simply build the ranking system to reflect what kills were made. For example if the best outlaw in the game kills a newbie outlaw, his rank would actually decrease, If a newbie were to kill the best outlaw in the game, that newbies rank would jump dramatically. In this way it promotes killing only those of higher rank than yourself. Of course, any kill within about 10 levels of you would bring positive outcome on your outlaw rank, that way outlaws of similar level will want to fight.

Edited by Brom

I wasn't suggesting that only a lower rank could attack, only that only lower ranks would be eligible for any bounty. The effect should be to limit buddy bounties.

Cool idea! I haven't thought of all the ramifications of such a system, but on first reading it seems like a good use of the EL system. I don't see too much radical changing of EL code, but is does produce an interesting radical option for players!

Even stripped of the ranking system, etc, and just using the outlaw system on it's own would be interesting.

I think your Idea is a great one.

I dont know if you also meant what Im about to say but anyway:

How about having it as a punishement for naughty EL users and never taking it off :)

I dont know if this is what happens anyway , but plz dont call me a noob :D

I wasn't suggesting that only a lower rank could attack, only that only lower ranks would be eligible for any bounty. The effect should be to limit buddy bounties.

Perfect, I understand now. Good Solution! Ive always like your ideas Trollson.

How about having it as a punishement for naughty EL users and never taking it off

I dont know if this is what happens anyway , but plz dont call me a noob

I wont call you a noob. We already have a punishment like it called "PKable" or Player-Killable. And its mean. You cannot pick up bags and you will always be killable. Its not fun. :D

Thank you everyone else who liked it. Im not getting the feeling it will be implemented anytime soon. But I like it.

Ive edited my post, especially the Bounty section, Added a few fixes that would really help eliminate the problem with outlaws claiming their own bounty. This is one of the ideas I would REALLY Love to see implemented when I come back, but We shall see.