Eternal Lands Official Forums
jjk

Tired of oldbies?

I'm tired of oldbies doing stuff like making this thread.

Seeing how Roja suggested I make this thread...

Keep in mind that when thinking about the future direction of EL, you also need to see what has been done in that past as well. At times it might even be desirable to bring back all or part of some features, come up with hybrid approach or go in a different direction.

Keep in mind that when thinking about the future direction of EL, you also need to see what has been done in that past as well. At times it might even be desirable to bring back all or part of some features, come up with hybrid approach or go in a different direction.

Well said. It is important to look back and know you have come a long way, pat yourself on the back so to speak. If not, you will not love your game and put your heat into it.

old screenshots r ok and such, but we get tired of people who keep say old times where so good and such, and that there are only newbs now..

old screenshots r ok and such, but we get tired of people who keep say old times where so good and such, and that there are only newbs now..

So are we. So why did you have to say it? :blush:

I think this isn't such a bad oldbie thread - this one actually is just digging up memories, and not belittleing people that weren't there.

One thing that always used to get to me in all these threads was how there were two types of "oldbie" - one, who didn't quite grasp they were anything but part of this world, and the other, who never had anything good to say about the "now" EL or the "now" players, without actually getting to know anyone in the game... This shows me there are actually people who can reminisce while looking forward.

I think this isn't such a bad oldbie thread - this one actually is just digging up memories, and not belittleing people that weren't there.

One thing that always used to get to me in all these threads was how there were two types of "oldbie" - one, who didn't quite grasp they were anything but part of this world, and the other, who never had anything good to say about the "now" EL or the "now" players, without actually getting to know anyone in the game... This shows me there are actually people who can reminisce while looking forward.

Which is true.

Every day I see someone I used to know, who are coming back to EL, just like me.

Something must be implanted in our brains, making us crave to see what hapened to EL in the month we missed.

hehe, that brings back memories...

and about those good all days..yes they were fun, but EL has become so much more and is even more fun today because of many things such as exploring, new things to manu...more maps to go to instead of there just being IP :ph34r:

many more monsters to go out and pwn ^^...that's always fun...sometimes kicks out some frustration when ya just have the urge to kill something :)

and i must admit...sometimes i do look back on the past too, and wish for some of the other people to come back, or just wondering what happened to them. but, there are many new people joining EL, and a greater chance to make new friendships, which i am looking forward to doing once my hard drive is completely fixed ;p

i can't install anything until all the other stuff is installed...err, but off topic...i'm just gonna stop rambling now...

-kat

He just says "Tired of oldbies?" well yes i am so i give example i'm tired of people bringing up the "old times"

I've seen enough old screenshots like this one. ( this one looks fimulair to me as well )

He just says "Tired of oldbies?" well yes i am so i give example i'm tired of people bringing up the "old times"

I've seen enough old screenshots like this one. ( this one looks fimulair to me as well )

sMooMs, I see.

The thread was ment to be something else, but I just got confused.

Seeing how Roja suggested I make this thread...

but roja is an oldbie too! :)

classic quote time!

[PM to TirasHazor: "No newbies allowed" "but MikeH is a newbie?" "newbies, plural, we're allowed to have one"]

ahh the old days where fun when you could make millions a day no one could make serps until frak reach the level and screwed the econemy buy paying newbs 5k for furs ahh the old glory days GoN an TM and the hate of *CO*

wonder if any one remebers me ?

Edited by Evil_Bunny