Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ternis

I think it is really needed !

Guest ternis

I think some new skills are needed really like: fishing, cooking, ores smelting to bars without npc help .And extra needed things is many new monsters, items to make like swords, shields and armors :wink:

Umm sorry for the rant, but is it just me or do newbs read less and less every day. I mean come on, read the website it says that you can make bars usiung alchemy, and that you can make swords. How about you people READ.

As for fishing, I had this really cool idea for it but ent said there isn't a point unless there is a reason to have fish. So, we could have it if we could find out a good use for fish.

As weapons?

Fish are needed cause of Mercury that can be found in them, like samon. since Mercury is not minable, only buyable this would be a good excuse. Other things could be differnt types of Fish, marine life, ext

Osters ( Ruby )

Whales ( Oil )

ext. Of course the bigger the Fish, the more Exp U need to harvest it.

and also, Duh nice food supply. U can also get Fish-skin, which maybe we could use as new weapon, make a Whip out of it :-D

As for fishing, I had this really cool idea for it but ent said there isn't a point unless there is a reason to have fish. So, we could have it if we could find out a good use for fish.

As weapons?

hehe...hehe....hehe....XFIGX, sir_odie, ogerawa, and I already do that in chat...

:oops:

Fish are fun as weapons :)

Though, the reason FOR fishing would be to cook :D...Jakuren was explaining to me the other day about how in EQ, working on your cooking skill, you can actually get high enough you can make wedding cakes, frosting and everything, decorating, etc, etc...you can make some friggin' huge stuff in EQ...

'Course, this isn't EQ, but still, fishing is just purely....fun :)

I mean, really....when we kill stuff now, we have raw meat...only thing we use it for is summoning...wouldn't it be kewl if we could have cookouts? :D hehe...it does get kind of annoying if you're out in the middle of nowhere killing stuff, you don't have health pots, you didn't bring bread, you can't find a vegetable garden or fruit, what do you do?? Kill the deer that's walking by and cook the meat so you can bring your food level back up...or go fish at the body of water nearby and catch yourself a nice salmon, squeeze the mercury out of it and set it up to cook...

:D

Besides, on the whale oil part, means you can buy kerosene (or get whale oil) lamps for Crystal Caves...

I mean, isn't it enough we can go walk out into the water some anyways and we can sit in row boats...hehe...

'Course, whales might have to be a group thing instead of single person...I don't know if we should be allowed to have harpoons in the game, but that would be funny to kill a rabbit with...

Something extra for fishing: When you reel in a fish, There's a a 1 in 100 chance of finding something random in the fish, like a few coins, a ring, or Serpent sword ....... don't ask me how.

P.S. There's something biblical about finding a coin in a fish's mouth.

Great white sharks are reputed to occasionally swallow all sorts of stuff - but they would be hard to catch.

yeah, the small fish would just be for mercury, food, etc. but as your fishing skill goes up you could get sharks, dolphins, whales, etc. which would give up their swallowed loot to u (like the armour from some guy they ate). Oil would be nice if we could find a use for it in the game. :?

Fishing may be implimented into the game at a later date but for now the sea does only act as a barrior and a place for the boats to take people from island to island

Umm...I hate to tell you this but fish aren't supposed to have mercury in them. That's an environmental problem.

And just because people want fishing and stuff like that doesn't always mean we want to rip off runescape. There is fishing and cooking in real life, so why is it that we're ripping off runescape and not reality? Just as long as we don't start getting requests for woodcutting and firemaking.

who ever said fishing is a trademark of RUN ESCAPE!!! we can use fishing its not copying if we do it diferent just because it has the word fishing in it and thats in rs doesent mean were coping wouldent a iron sword be coping? no because its not licenced RUN ESCAPE material it free for any1 to use and IS NOT COPING!!!

:) have a nice day :)