Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJake

F2 Not Working [SOLVED]

I have tried to change my F2 from internet exploder to firefox. However,

when i changed it, it does not come up. I have put the following in the

dialouge box:

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

both with and without quotes. I am running windows xp.

I get a dos window to come up with an error when i press

f2, but it is so fast that i cannot read it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

RJ

Edited by Derin

Same for me, since the 1.2.0 version. Path is correct but it cannot start.

Message is:

"C:\Programme\Mozilla" konnte nicht gefunden werden ...

el.ini:

For Windows NT/2K/XP

#browser = "start C:\Programme\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

Usul

Here is a quick 'n dirty workaround:

el.ini:

For Windows NT/2K/XP

#browser = "start /min C:/startfirefox.cmd"

c:\startfirefox.cmd:

"C:/Programme/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe" %1

This works for me. Hope that helps until next update.

Usul

I'm not a Windows-guru, but you could try to remove the "start" from el.ini. It would then be:

#browser = "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

This has something to do with the spaces in the paths. "start" does not recognize the full line as one path. Maybe (just maybe) it would work when using:

#browser = "start 'C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe'"

(mind the single quotes)

I have no Windows-box at hand to test it though... I administer some Windows-servers, when I'm able to get at them I will do some testing with the "start"-cmd thingie.

I'm not a Windows-guru, but you could try to remove the "start" from el.ini. It would then be:

#browser = "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

This has something to do with the spaces in the paths. "start" does not recognize the full line as one path. Maybe (just maybe) it would work when using:

#browser = "start 'C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe'"

(mind the single quotes)

I have no Windows-box at hand to test it though... I administer some Windows-servers, when I'm able to get at them I will do some testing with the "start"-cmd thingie.

If no #browser line is found in el.ini, it tries to use the default windows App. If it is found, whether start is needed or not depends on the version of windows.

I have windows xp and this works for me:

browser = "start iexplore.exe"

#browser = "start firefox.exe"

(i am currently using firefox, if you choose to use ie, then just move the # to the ie line and remove it from the firefox line)

If no #browser line is found in el.ini, it tries to use the default windows App. If it is found, whether start is needed or not depends on the version of windows.

which means... if your default browser is firefox, then you simply remove the #browser setting

and if it's not firefox... well... it should be :devlish:

I have windows xp and this works for me:

browser = "start iexplore.exe"

#browser = "start firefox.exe"

(i am currently using firefox, if you choose to use ie, then just move the # to the ie line and remove it from the firefox line)

well i have tried this and most other solutions but it won't work for me but i at least have an idea why i think..

all i have on c: is winblows (yes i spelled that how i wanted) because it was a quick fix of installing a 6gig drive and havent fixed it yet because i don't want to reinstall winblows yet again on the new 40gig it should b on...lol

w/ my custom system my firefox, el, and most other programs are on E:\ (E:\progtemp\... to b more precise)

i have tried both using the start and it gave me an error that it couldn't find the file then whatever the cmd: window said that was too fast for me to read then i put in the entire path and got the same error firefox is my default browser and everything but msn agrees to and abides by that (exept for EL too apparently) and i've tried removing start from it and it says something in the command but ive hit f2 several times and think it says: the system cannot find the path specified having typed in "E:\progtemp\firefox\firefox.exe" (yes i changed the folder so its not Mozilla Firefox)

any other ideas will b appreciated - if i don't edit this to say say the "quick and dirty fix" worked than assume it didn't

any help will b appreciated

edit: nope the quick and dirty workaround didn't work either i'll set it back to ie (which i hate) for now but please please help me get this going

ok this can be fairly ignored now i fixed it accidentally

if none of the above work and firefox is u'r default browser and u can't get it to any other way - just leave it completly blank in the tools window - that is the ONLY way it will switch to the default browser instead of giving an error - eventhough inside el.ini still says #browser= "start iexplore.exe" i don't know how that discrepency makes it work but it does and is worth a shot

Edited by DemonCowboy

Ok, a hint: remove the "#" before the #browser= "start iexplore.exe"

And since it seems that you have solved this (by accident :D ) this case is closed.

Happy F2'ing :)