Eternal Lands Official Forums
techdawg

Multiple Bans for Single IP

EliahSwift

Eliah44

Player_Fighter

bunnyhun

THese four characters, and possible more, were banned from my IP Address today. I do not exactly know the reason as I am not the Players.. I am their father.

We have 4 Computer's Networked, sometimes 5.. We also have Neighborhood kids in and out of the Computer room time and time again. If you are going to do BAN's, just based on IP Address's, How do you propose to handle situations where there are Multiple "LEGAL" Users all comming from the same IP Address?

Thank you, in advance, for your time and consideration in this matter..

If you need to email me, you may do so at techdawg-at-gmail.com

Thanks,

-TD

The problem is, some of the names created from that IP were designed to be mean/annoying. I suggest finding out who exactly did that, and then after you promise no such incidents will happen in the future, I will unban the IP.

We have 4 Computer's Networked, sometimes 5.. We also have Neighborhood kids in and out of the Computer room time and time again. If you are going to do BAN's, just based on IP Address's, How do you propose to handle situations where there are Multiple "LEGAL" Users all comming from the same IP Address?

You are responsible for your IP...we have this come up all the time...brothers, friends, cousins, ficus...if you can't or won't control what happens from your IP, you lose the privilege as well when trouble happens.

I think the more appropriate question is...How do YOU propose to manage the people who use your IP to make us want to unban it?

Well, I cannot, as a matter of reality, guarentee anything. However, I DO know that my boys have been playing this game for more than a Year now, and as a result of my finding it for them, the whole neighborhood, infact much of the town (through word of mouth at school) has played or is currently playing this game, including several 'paying' members.

I would request that you give me more details about the 'inapropriate' activity and the characters that are at fault's names, as I do NOT support this type of behavior, but without being the FBI all the time, I cannot know what to quell without knowing what is going on.

So I propose we work together, and I will do my best to handle (on this end) a tighter monitoring of behavior and activity, while I request that you let me know which avatars and activities I can best focus my efforts towards.

I appreciate your time and consideration,

Thank you,

-TD

P.S. I might also add, just so I don't look like a total n00b when it comes to MMORPG and the methodoligy involved in the community / Game Play / and everything that goes into the total experience, that I do play some MMORPG's, currently involved in a game called 'Thang' with which I am an Administrator on a fairly large Guild Forum, which, if interested, you can visit at www.thc-alliance.tk - I'm TDawgius there.. Not that you are extremely interested, nor that you should be, I just wanted to give you the frame of experience that I am speaking from. Again, thank you for your time and consideration.

Edited by techdawg

I guess I was hoping for some sort of response. I'm patiently waiting, and do not intend to SPAM, if there is something I neglected to bring to the table, please let me know.

Thanks,

TD

No need, I am well aware of that. Thank you though for being quite thurough.

I guess I am feeling that there is not going to be a cooperative discusion on this. I am willing to work with your rules and regs, but without some more specific details and direction from your end, I am helpless to proceed.

I apologize if I have been wasting your time.

-TD