Eternal Lands Official Forums
Brom

The Storyteller's Voyage

Hello fellow returners. My name is Brom in the game, and outside of it my name is Ben. I have been playing Eternal Lands for well over a year now, I started playing a month or two before the great crash. From that time I have worked and played in this wonderful game.

Starting as a newbie harvesting flowers and fruit from the holy apple (The apple in Portland). I moved onto killing mass amounts of wolves, then onto goblins and gargoyles. I soon found helping others to be more fun and more fullfilling to me than leveling myself. I would roleplay with friends and go out and do things I never had done, such as summon Fluffy White Rabbits or Chimera and hunt around dangerous maps for things to kill. I joined a very good guild early on in my EL life and though them I have learned Linux. The Linux warriors have grown so much from that time I can hardly recognize them.

Ive worked in many of the teams in Eternal lands, even when I did not have the time to work in them. Bug Hunting and Testing, Storylines and Roleplaying, Moderating and Newbie helping. I have a wide view of what is going on in the game and I like the way it is headed. With a good administration and excellent plans we can go a long way.

And so I ask each and every one of you to keep EL in good condition. Work on it, help it, ASK what you can do. Prod, give suggestions, be kind. In all, please stay that wonderful EL community that I have grown to love.

Thank you.

I am sad to announce that one month from now, I will no longer be playing Eternal lands for a long while. Two years to be exact. I have been called and accepted the call to serve God in my church. I will be leaving my home and everything I know. Learning a foreign Language and teaching the gospel in it. During my mission I will not have any contact with EL whatsoever. I will not be stopping by and I will not be playing or keeping up in any teams I am a part of. When my two years are over I do plan on comming back to this wonderful game Eternal lands. Keep it clean, Keep it good, keep it fun.

This is Farewell, but not goodbye forever.

Now some personal and directed comments to the teams and certain persons of this fantastic game.

@Moderating\Administration Team: You have known for a month that I would be leaving, I thank you very much for allowing me to help and listening to my input, I value every member of the team. I know it can be hard on all of us at times, but you keep your heads up and weather the times. Thank you. For those of you that lack confidience in the Moderation team, take my word for it, They do everything they can to keep this game good. You may not like it, but they do EVERYTHING they can.

@Linux Warriors: I seriously think we should change the title back, This EL Linux community is politically correct, but the Linux Warriors rings more true. Thank you so much, I plan on comming back to this great guild.

@Gnomes: Keep up the fight, I know those other races can be quite rude to you, but you gnomes are the best. Thank you.

@Roleplaying Group: Roleplaying will never get boring. It is the only thing you can count on that I know of to always be original and creative. Keep the roleplaying up, enrich the game with the spirit of roleplaying and it will grow. Special thanks to all of the roleplayers in the fourm: Kendai, Ladywolf, Dunian, Atahn, Sora, Zelse, Pennifuin, Sparhawk, Derin and many others.

@EL Friends: I would greatly appreciate it if you would keep an eye on my family. Orick my cousin, Cwan, and pheobe my sisters.

One month, then I will be leaving. Thank you all.

Brom the Storyteller

Note: Ill be posting a story about myself shortly. I think a few of you may like it.

Aww Brom, truly you are fantastic person, in game as well as outside of it. Thank you for everything you've done for us, and best of luck in the mission church. It takes courage and strength to do something like that, and you've got both and more. You will be missed by all of us, and already I long for the day you return.

May your sword stay sharp!

Kendai

Dear Brom,

I'm sorry to hear of your leaving, it doesn't feel good when someone so important leaves.

It hurts when someone who has done so much leaves.

You realy have an important role in the EL Community; ingame or out. Another piece of a puzzle will now be missing...

But that piece will always stay in our hearts.

Roleplaying has to be one of the most magical things of EL, thanks to friends like you, and to the friends that you helped become as good as yourself.

I wish you the best of luck in your life, and I will await your return.

- Sistema Silverwish.

Edited by sisteMa`

Brom/Lan, well role playing will never be the same and I wish you the best of luck. Make the world a better place, you are the one who took the step farther and I admire you for that. For this act you have been a role model to us all and have been one of the good martyrs. May the El never forget you ( I will mention you as one of the greatest warriors in rp events), and may the path of yours be fruitful.

Brom,

I'm sorry to hear of your leaving, but happy for you in choosing a path in life that is not always the easiest but certainly is a good one.

Thank you for everything you have done for this game and the people here.

The RP forums won't be the same without you, but i'm sure that they will continue to grow :)

wishing you the best of luck,

-Kat

*Hugs* May your god watch over your ever step and keep you safe and return you back to us an even greater man.

I dont think there is a way for your friends here to ever forget you and we all wish you well and a safe journy threw life filled with joy

*huggles* may the people you share you time with for the next few years see how great a person you are as we have gotten to know you

Emby

:)

Well, where to begin old friend. You shall be missed. Who will i share my ale and tales with now?

Brom the Storyteller will never be forgotten, me and the rest of the Ocean Strider travellers will make sure your name is written into the annals of EL history, you deserve it. I dont think I have met anyone in real life or in our fair Eternal Lands who could surpass your enthusiasm, good humour, loyalty or ability to spin a good tale. Role play will not be the same without you. Some of my fondest memories in Eternal Lands have been drinking to our friends, or drowning our sorrows, sharing laughs and exchanging tall tales of Irillion and the many adventures we've had. Maybe you should do some writing when you are away, I'm sure you will have an eager audience when you return.

farewell and good luck.

Pennifuin of Roanof

Edited by pennifuin

Brom,

i don't know if i can speak for the rest of the guild, but i, myself, can say that you will be missed at Guild LNX. we may have had some disagreement on some issues outside of EL, but i feel that's what makes our guild the best in EL, the diversity our guild has(obviously this is a subjective perception, but hey, i'm a little biased :P). however i am sure that i speak for the rest of the guild when i say that we wish you the best on your journey, and that we look forward to seeing you again when the time is due.

May you walk your path in peace, guildmate, and may you find peace at the end of your journey.

Amituofo.

Edited by Algorn

Brom,

I am saddened by hearing of you leaving. You have been a good friend, and have always seemed to pop up when I really needed someone to talk to. I also owe it to you for bringing me into the world of role playing, I have learned much about it, and kept at it because of you. You will be missed, but knowing that you will return eases the loss a bit.

I wish you luck in everything you do in the next two years, and hope that I am still around when you return.

*hugs* and may God be with you in all you do,

LadyWolf

May your journey touch other lives, May the road be not too rough,

If faced with doubts may your faith grow in strength.

I wish you well on this journey and am sorry that I do not yet know

You.

God Speed and best wishies too. :P

And yet another old-OX leaves the Eternal Lands... May you walk a long path called life Brom. And take care, lately it seems most old-OX seem to have some trouble. Sadly, myself included. Take care.

May the El never forget you ( I will mention you as one of the greatest warriors in rp events), and may the path of yours be fruitful.

Sparhawk, wasn't I the one that won a contest for warriors by roleplaying once? :P:P:D

Good luck with the future brom, i wish you all the best, and for to to have a save time and return to EL safely, you will be missed by many

Brom, may your journey be wise and your choices wiser.

When you return we will welcome you with open arms.

Have a safe journey my friend.

I do not know you very well, but I wish you Gods Blessings on the rough road you take. I admire your choice and envy you for the courage to serve Him this way. May your labors be fruitfull and your faith a Petra for you and the people on your way.

I will miss the stories and will look forward to your return.

Gods speed, you are in my prayers,

Frans-Jan

Bye Brom.

I didnt know you as well as a lot of people here did im sure, but I'll still miss you.

Back when i was a newbie on ip you were one that helped me out. You were that cheerful pm that made me want to play just a little longer. You really do the Brom from Eragon (a book by Christopher Paolini) justice. You are a model citizen in EL and will be sorely missed.

Good Luck in the big bad world, ill be waiting along with many others for your return

Best Wishes Oromis

BROM,

where to start.. well how bought the first time we met i pm u about your name... brom( a charecter in the book argaon and well everything fell into place since and i first learn a couple of days ago that u live not to long away form. when ever u get the chance email me

cctigersrock@aol.com

and tell me how u liked the 3rd book in the serios

well have fun and....................

. peace

Edited by fire_ball