Eternal Lands Official Forums
Hyperion

perk sugestion

I was talking to a friend when i came up with this... how about a perkless perk... that makes you unable to buy/take anymore perks... something like this : perk : perkless cost : -4 pp (or 4pp but it is a neg in my eyes so -4pp) and maybe 1k gc or something. effect : you cannot buy/take any perks after purchasing this perk.

it will help ppl stay off the perks when they really dont want them... cause i heard that a lot of ppl eventually took perks and regret it... because they wanted to stay perkless... thats why i think this is a suitable neg perk for these kind of situations and think a reasenable amount of ppl will use it...

let me know what ya think...

Hyperion

*edit*

Ppl who allready have perks should either not be able to get this perk or they should keep the neg/pos effects of the perks they allready have... cause if they would lose the old perks they would have gotten free pp like that and it could be abused.

Thnx for the input aislinn.

*edit end*

Edited by Hyperion

I was talking to a friend when i came up with this... how about a perkless perk... that makes you unable to buy/take anymore perks... something like this : perk : perkless cost : -4 pp (or 4pp but it is a neg in my eyes so -4pp) and maybe 1k gc or something. effect : you cannot buy/take any perks after purchasing this perk.

it will help ppl stay off the perks when they really dont want them... cause i heard that a lot of ppl eventually took perks and regret it... because they wanted to stay perkless... thats why i think this is a suitable neg perk for these kind of situations and think a reasenable amount of ppl will use it...

let me know what ya think...

Hyperion

*edit*

Ppl who allready have perks should either not be able to get this perk or they should keep the neg/pos effects of the perks they allready have... cause if they would lose the old perks they would have gotten free pp like that and it could be abused.

Thnx for the input aislinn.

*edit end*

The biggest use for this would be for just another way for high level characters to get more PP's by gambling that no more good perks will be added. Do you really want to give Don Pedro and PK'rs 4 more PP's to add to their phys?

they will get them anyway it will just take them more time... my point is that there is a perk that unables you to get perks like there is the godless perk... In my eyes its helpfull when you can't resist taking neg perks when you don't want to... do you know how hard it is not to take perks when you want pp to spend and you want to stay perkless? this will help those players who expierence this problem like I do... its not like I try to harm ppl by giving pkers extra pp XD

wouldnt it make more sense if this perk wiped clean all perks on a person's char? that way yes, you are giving people a way out of making a bad decision, but after they have got this perk they cannot get any other perks, therefore, it in itself is negative.

Not wiped clean... let's not allow any easy resets. But for those who decided early on to take no perks, they could get it.

Or if you reset.. basically you could only take the perk if you had no perks.

Maybe have an option to "buy back" a perk you got without resetting?

For instance, a new player gets Monster Mag until he's a higher fighting level, but then have the option of buying it back, getting rid of it...

Of course, you'd have to have the spare pick points if it was a negative perk, and maybe cost an additional amount of gc, maybe a set price per oa level?

So there wouldn't be easy resets, but would allow people to pay a price to resolve a bad decision.

Shallara,

it would have to be a high price (like tripple the pp's that it cost you), or else everybody will do it.

I suggest having a minimum OA lvl of 10, 15 or 20 to even be possible to get a perk. That will save a lot of newbies a regrettable decision!!!

Maybe have an option to "buy back" a perk you got without resetting?

For instance, a new player gets Monster Mag until he's a higher fighting level, but then have the option of buying it back, getting rid of it...

Of course, you'd have to have the spare pick points if it was a negative perk, and maybe cost an additional amount of gc, maybe a set price per oa level?

So there wouldn't be easy resets, but would allow people to pay a price to resolve a bad decision.

Shallara,

it would have to be a high price (like tripple the pp's that it cost you), or else everybody will do it.

I suggest having a minimum OA lvl of 10, 15 or 20 to even be possible to get a perk. That will save a lot of newbies a regrettable decision!!!

I really like Shallara's idea of "buying back" negative perks. However, like Minardus said it should cost more, triple is a bit much, 15 pickpoints to get rid of I can't dance is a little ridiculous. I think it should cost 1 or 2 more pickpoint than it gave you when you got the perk, plus a 10k gc minimum. This will allow players to take back earlier bad decisions. As we all know getting pickpoints is hard when you are higher levels so to save up like 5-12 pickpoints to get rid of negative perks is a challenge.

In the case of good perks, I don't think you should be able to get rid of those. If you choose to get a positive perk, you should be stuck with it, otherwise it would be like buying pickpoints. Even though I would like to buy some pickpoints, I know that you shouldn't be able to. If you want something only temporarily like Monster Magnetism or Fast Regeneration then just buy the cloak and save the pickpoints. :stare:

Hmmm... would anyone really want to lose pick points because of a bad perk? I'm sure they'd know it was a bad perk early on (say by level 30). At that point, they'd be much better off doing a #reset than spending extra pick points to get rid of it.

The only time buying back would be useful is for those people on the top 50 of the OA charts. And I find it hard to believe that they still have a perk that was that negative.

Hmmm... would anyone really want to lose pick points because of a bad perk? I'm sure they'd know it was a bad perk early on (say by level 30). At that point, they'd be much better off doing a #reset than spending extra pick points to get rid of it.

The only time buying back would be useful is for those people on the top 50 of the OA charts. And I find it hard to believe that they still have a perk that was that negative.

Well I have "I can't dance" and I am oa 35, I would like to get rid of this perk. I got it after I reset and needed some physique and coordination to help level my character. If I could, I would definetly get rid of it, even though it doesn't really effect anything and if I do fight more than one person I will probably die anyway, but still, I would like to get rid of it. :stare:

Well my point was to be able to get a perk that enables you to get any other perks... not to be able to get rid of old perks... Cause thats just a way to avoide reset... and the extra pp spendage is BS cause prolly nobody will do so... pp are not worth throwing away they are way to valuable... I wanted to suggest something to get extra PP (2 -4) with a perk that will disable you from getting any other perk after purchasing that one... I think its better to keep any previously bought perks as they are so any other neg perks or pos perks will still have affect... but after that you wont be able to get any other perks... this can be seen as an aid or as a way to get extra pp... either way its usefull...

Hyperion

Well my point was to be able to get a perk that enables you to get any other perks... not to be able to get rid of old perks... Cause thats just a way to avoide reset... and the extra pp spendage is BS cause prolly nobody will do so... pp are not worth throwing away they are way to valuable... I wanted to suggest something to get extra PP (2 -4) with a perk that will disable you from getting any other perk after purchasing that one... I think its better to keep any previously bought perks as they are so any other neg perks or pos perks will still have affect... but after that you wont be able to get any other perks... this can be seen as an aid or as a way to get extra pp... either way its usefull...

Hyperion

This perk doesnt really fit the same design as other negative perks in the game. They all have persistent affect on gameplay.

This perk would be a freebie to players with no real consequence. Most players learn, after resetting a few times, the perks they like for their character build. Almonst EVERYONE, including non-pkrs, would take this perk as the 'negative' consequence is a non issue.

What about those that have perks that had side effects that originally were ok? I personally did not get power hungry until I had ready all available books, around OA level 50. This was only a couple months before the cooldown was implemented. Now, at OA 73, I would GLADLY pay back with pickpoints I have hung onto, and spend a good amount of gc for the process, than take the time to stock up raw materials and reset. The cooldown update GREATLY affected all who have power hungry, when before it was merely accepted as having to carry more food.

That is my main point. When an update affects a perk so drastically, there should be some way for people to honestly work to have that perk removed.

What if in the next update ALL monsters ignored Monster Magnetism a percentage of the time? There would be a clamor from all levels of players, either mass resetting, or begging the devs to make a way to get rid of a perk.

This is merely because of the circumstances of game play affecting the player that has the perk, not a sudden change of heart, or realizing a bad decision.

What about those that have perks that had side effects that originally were ok? I personally did not get power hungry until I had ready all available books, around OA level 50.

Power hungry is a *negative* perk for a reason. None of them are meant to be "ok". For this reason, if you take one, I think you should expect there to be consequences. I would suggest that cooldown just balanced out the power hungry perk (even if there are still ways around it).

I would point out that threatd about " Pick points redestribution, Destribution of pps at certain lvls"

The intent of #reset is to help the newer players correct major errors because they took perks or did things before they learned what they did. The usage of PP's is actually supposed to be permament, not something to be changed.

say same logic applied here #reset when make mistake but other wise stay desion you made foir character of perks you choose

Edited by jamesvm

What about those that have perks that had side effects that originally were ok? I personally did not get power hungry until I had ready all available books, around OA level 50. This was only a couple months before the cooldown was implemented. Now, at OA 73, I would GLADLY pay back with pickpoints I have hung onto, and spend a good amount of gc for the process, than take the time to stock up raw materials and reset. The cooldown update GREATLY affected all who have power hungry, when before it was merely accepted as having to carry more food.

That is my main point. When an update affects a perk so drastically, there should be some way for people to honestly work to have that perk removed.

What if in the next update ALL monsters ignored Monster Magnetism a percentage of the time? There would be a clamor from all levels of players, either mass resetting, or begging the devs to make a way to get rid of a perk.

This is merely because of the circumstances of game play affecting the player that has the perk, not a sudden change of heart, or realizing a bad decision.

Well as everyone knows, this game is BETA. Changes WILL happen. We all are gambling with that, and that's part of the risk of taking a perk, positive or negative. We are ALL in your position, none of us know what might turn out to not be such a good choice, or might turn out a better choice than we gambled on.