Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gravito

Another server?

I have seen there has been some talking about maybe starting up another server when we reach the 1k+ online players limit.

But why not make the continent 2 Irillion be on a new and different server to split up the workload?

This would be much better in my opinion not having to loose some ppl moving to the "new" server.

/G

then if we want to go to c2 we need to switch servers... that would be nice but its a lot of work for nothing cause the current server is still working fine in my eyes... (the idea is a little simular to the runescape world switching ability...) but I think the idea was to start a second server where ppl can start from the beginning but thats just my idea... and i like both of them as much

hype

It has also been said that a second server wont be needed for a while. The test server is currently test the 2K user/bot limit and raising the limit on ai/npc as well and we are tuning so that things dont slow down. The current server will be able to handle at least 2k players, maybe more.

Entropy and I have also had discussions on splitting the work between multiple servers without splitting the the game itself. It will be a while before that will be needed ... I could see a server upgrade being able to handle 5k players easily based on the current figures I've seen.

then if we want to go to c2 we need to switch servers...

no, this is done by the servers itself

Entropy and I have also had discussions on splitting the work between multiple servers without splitting the the game itself. It will be a while before that will be needed ... I could see a server upgrade being able to handle 5k players easily based on the current figures I've seen.

sounds good :P

Entropy and I have also had discussions on splitting the work between multiple servers without splitting the the game itself.

This would be the ideal solution, I would positively hate to see the game divided in any way.