Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rebootedrock

Fixes To the Economy

We all know the economy could use more work if its shifting to a player based economy. I came up with a suggestion to this.

Remove Trik

yes getting rid of our manu peoples money getter will be sad. but think about this: if (and if you are) you are going to sell say 12 iron broad what would you do?

1)Try and sell it on channel(just about never worth it)

2)goto trik and make quick cash.

obviously wed do #2 b/c noone wants to waste time typing.

now if trik is removed you would be forced to sell to players, thereby creating a player based economy.

Or

We could limit the items trik buys to high lv items.(expensive ones that are harder and more expensive to get) such as the titanium items.

to make this compleate entropy would have to add armours into manu list then the tit would sell to trik and regular ones to sell to players.

~~~~~~~~~

It would certainly save a lot of time carrying materials to Lakeside docks. I'd just be dumping tens of thousands of gloves wherever I made them (probably general stores).

Then I'd have to make other kinds of items that are saleable to finance my leather purchases.

If Trik were removed, nobody would be able to level manu again. Ever. As long as swords give the relatively pathetic amount of exp that they do, making ungodly amounts of leather gloves and selling them to Trik is the only way to level manu in your lifetime.

Thou shalt not remove Trik!

Dammit, the guy pays pathetically low prices, and you want to remove even that last source of income!?

seeing as i dont manu labor i didnt know this, so why not take out the shops in which the swords are bought? this would force people to buy from players.

couldnt we implement taht the more of an item the shopkeep has, the less money he will buy for. and over time the stock will decrease to a set shop stock or 0. then if the gen store is filled players will be forced to sell to players or just wait :)

hmm, stable sell price but a dynamic buy price (from the point of view of a shopkeeper), interesting. that way the only thing that gets trashed is peoples ability to park in one place and you make make make. only problem with this is that we risk as the the game grows that newbies cant match the older gamers in wealth...

yea but wouldnt that just make em work even harder? i no in my past mmorpgs seeing richer players have sumthing i didnt, it jus drove me forward even more!

hmm, maybe so. and as the item price when you buy it from a shop will be stable that means that you can go to a diffrent shop, grab some items and sell it back to make quick gold. basicly the price you get for selling a item starts low and keeps on droping. over time you may have to travel far to get a good price on a item you have made as the shops closest to the mines and so on are drowned...

it could work i guess...

didnt a mmorpg from microsoft have something similar for magic to try and spread out what spells that where used? basicly as more people used the same spell the effect dropped.

Horrible horrible idea, do you know just how much it costs to level manu, let me tell you now it costs HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS AND EVENTUALLY MILLIONS. So then if you take out trik our only source of getting a little bit back that we spend on leveling WE WILL START GOING BANKRUPT IN A COUPLE DAYS. If entropy ever did this I would seriously think about quitting or becoming a full time pker.

I like the idea about eliminate the NPC SELL things not the one that BUYS them.

that way everyone is forced to buy from more exp players. BUT more manu items should be added :)

I think we should get rid of Trik but allow you to sell you manufactured items in the same shops that you can buy them from, for the same price that Trik buys them.

gitrix whats the point on that?

what needs to be fixed is the exp gains for manufacture so really win flew money went starting (or lose some) and gain a lot of exp and csah went there is a high lvl.

Then what's the use of removing trik?

1)Since the places that you sell the items to would be more spread out, it would take longer for a manufacturer to sell his stuff to npcs, which would encourage more player-based economy, but not force it.

2)It would keep people from crowding around the dude(not really an issue right now but could definately be one in the future).

3)Maybe it's just my opinion but isn't having one handy, easily accesible place where you can sell all your expensive stuff a little bit too convenient anyways?

hmm, right now we have unlimited supply from the people that play but how nuts would it be ho have a limit on the goods sold from the shops? So that when there are so and so many sword of one kind is sirculation they stop selling them over the counter and so on?

jsut a stupid idea that hit me in the head...

Guthix

do u know how close is lakeside BS to trik?

If you want to get a player based economy then remove selling of items from BS.

So players will have to sell to player or to trik

So players that cant make items will pay money for the "privilegue" of buying items and the manufacturers will be encourage to sell to players because they will win more money there.

Only problem about this will be that all manufacturers unite into a guild and monopolize the prizes and make it imposible to sell. BUt come on that wont happen....

and if it does i'll be the one selling 90% cheaper

A mistake that lots of MMORPG's make is the following:

Money comes in from various sources, like selling to NPC's and manufacturing skills (yeah..it's sad but true), drops from monsters and finding treasures (which sometimes respawn)...

Doesn't sound much of a problem, right? Wrong. As more and more players starts playing, the amount of money entering the game increases.

But usually, it doesn't leave the game...not much anyway...

What happens if gold simply keeps stacking up in the game? It becomes worthless and the prices of items will pretty much shoot upwards playerwise (yes, upwards, not downwards), since gold is so common and everyone has it...

The only way to fix such a problem is to add items/features/whatever which can only be bought by NPC's and will be useful for any player, no matter what level...

A healthy economy is an economy where money flows in and out. If one has such a healthy flow in place in a game, then it really should be possible to add anything to the game without hurting the economy...