Eternal Lands Official Forums
anthropologist

The DP Arena Gang

Err. No such big deal not using 1 sr? :o

Or try to beam out..in some pk maps it works, dunno how but works :)

Edited by irnotpro

Like what map?

you can beam in DP arena, might also be in Nc

rofl yeah i just beam anywhere now when i want to get away :)

It's not only nice. Most important is that it's against rules. (Rune no. 17). In such situation just send #abuse note and the things will be taken care of.

~Vanyel

The rules are set in runes now?!? *looking up rune-lore papers*

Seriously though, when names and some proof are there, this should be in abuse, not in outlaws. Those people need some time off the game.

(@ssjgohan: stay there :sneaky: could come in handy to punish them twice as hard :brooding: )

It's not only nice. Most important is that it's against rules. (Rune no. 17). In such situation just send #abuse note and the things will be taken care of.

~Vanyel

Seriously though, when names and some proof are there, this should be in abuse, not in outlaws. Those people need some time off the game.

(@ssjgohan: stay there :) could come in handy to punish them twice as hard :) )

Wow, that's funny - I'd caught that, but untrue to form, let him slide. :(

Maybe that could be a new map idea - A map with "runes" that a player could be sent to for breaking the rules - and each rune would show a different rule, which could appear to glow if flagged by a moderator on a player... maybe the player would have to demonstrate understanding of the rule before they can return to gameplay? :P (ok, this might be overcomplicated...)

Blame the gnomes.

Either way, I think we found quite good solution for blockers (not tested yet and reserved only for notorious ones and only after warning). Instead of different other punishments we will just start 'pushing' them one step forward and watch them facing people they have blocked.

(Partially joking).

There are, of course, other ways to punish notorious troublemakers and if the problems won't stop, I suppose they will be used.

~Vanyel

(@ssjgohan: stay there :) could come in handy to punish them twice as hard :) )

Wow, that's funny - I'd caught that, but untrue to form, let him slide. :(

Maybe that could be a new map idea - A map with "runes" that a player could be sent to for breaking the rules - and each rune would show a different rule, which could appear to glow if flagged by a moderator on a player... maybe the player would have to demonstrate understanding of the rule before they can return to gameplay? :P (ok, this might be overcomplicated...)

Hmmm, my RL name is Rune. Maybe I shall send Ent. a picture so he can put me on the map.

You remind me a bit of woodeh.... 17 posts per day....

Why not make the pk zone one step outside the arena. players wouldnt sit there any more.

yeah he is woodeh..

really, get a life woodeh, you're in every topic there is on these forums.. and every post you make is 1. stupid 2. already said. 3. irritating.

Edited by Mister_Q

Hello, chances are you new guys don't know me but who cares, this is just "n00bs" trying to have fun. pkers have fun so should newbe's

Truly yours, The Undercover Man

:P

Hello, chances are you new guys don't know me but who cares, this is just "n00bs" trying to have fun. pkers have fun so should newbe's

Truly yours, The Undercover Man

:P

Having fun is one, rules are second. I'm afraid that rules have the privilage here.

True rules have a priority in this case. we must respect them. and this rule is an old one: No Blocking resource.

What I was trying to say is that these kind of people will get to be more and more, there, thats all i have to say.

well, my personal opinion is these blockers are deliberatly breaking game rules, and know that they are.

They sould get one warning only, then banned on repeat offences.

Not only are they blocking a resource, but are a great waste of moderators time, given the frequency of this report, hence also breaking rule 25.

Stopping playing, ditchng a mining bag,bailing from a guild project or whatever to go to dp to enforce the no blocking rules is not only very agrivating, and disruptive to our play time, but also is tantimount to sticking up the birdie at the moderation team in general.

I hate to even call upon the mods for such an offense, but sometimes it can't be helped. The blocking of the exits from the pk arenas is a bit different than say in the Portland tit mine. I know I had an experience when I first started playing where I was hunting skellies and was blocked in by someone that had started mining and went afk for a bit, they hit a tele nex and blocked me in..no big deal really, #help me'd, but guess what, no mod was on...time for the ever faithful #beam me...When in the arenas and attacked, you often don't have the time to type #beam me...

The people that block these exits do so deliberately and knowingly break this rule. The day I ran those two off from DP arena, I advised them that this was against the rules and they said, " Yea so." They should recieve 1 warning, and if they do it again, they should be banned as antiroot stated in his previous post. This is not only breaking the rules, but it spoils the fun of the players that are being blocked, as well as disruptes the play time of the mods. (Not to mention it takes them away from more important issues that need to be tended to.)

~Vanyel

(@ssjgohan: stay there ;) could come in handy to punish them twice as hard :P )

Wow, that's funny - I'd caught that, but untrue to form, let him slide. ;)

Maybe that could be a new map idea - A map with "runes" that a player could be sent to for breaking the rules - and each rune would show a different rule, which could appear to glow if flagged by a moderator on a player... maybe the player would have to demonstrate understanding of the rule before they can return to gameplay? :D (ok, this might be overcomplicated...)

That's a lot of programming for some outlaws :D Maybe a law-breaker could be sent off to translate some text into runes before they may play again?

Well, if they are a proggrammer as you say, then they shouldn't have any problem at all.

maybe they should just be banned, cause ive read these posts over and over again, and it sounds as if they know what they are doing and how to do it, not "n00bs" having "phun" but guys on a mission

thanks for your time.

That's not a bad idea i read there , make the entrences of Arena's PK everything solved..

or make entrences poisen area's can be a big excitement :devlish:

poison wont help

instand dead would ;P

nah only option is to make the entrance bigger or make the 3 tiles Pkble

people wouldnt be able to get in the arena, if that 3 tiles had some damage shit like poison

Edited by vwpro

this has one problem: a real fighter goes afk, tele in, and DIES.

What about the "fake" fighters? Anyway its easy enough to dodge those snow chimmies if your non afk....

Well, the "fake" fighters, would die, and which would be good or bad depending on who says it.

lets just hope it doesn't get down to this level...