Eternal Lands Official Forums
ttlanhil

Pre-compiled Client for download

new versions of both are up!

the clean one has all the fun new features and fixes in CVS

the experimental one also includes: extra pan/zoom, auto-length encyc pages, and berlios patches 604, 756, 801, 809, 833, 847, 895, 903, 909, 1007

(if you dunno how to check them, don't worry about it. there's a bunch of interesting things to play with)

they have the same name, so you can just download over the top (with the installer)

(oh, and that bug report above is one of the many fixed things)

well, it looks like there was a bug in my installer... new copies of the client were not being downloaded

an updated version is now up.

thanks to dunian for bringing this to me, and apologies to anyone who has had problem because of this

New versions of the clients are up. I'm not using NEW_WEATHER anymore, since there seems to be a few bugs in that still

the experimental client also has the latest version of bongo's counters

I also put up a new version of the installer, which can now also get the experimental client

note that when you startup there will be a message that it can't find knowledge.xml, that's part of one of the developments currently happening, and not something you need to be concerned about

for those interested, my defines line is: ELC;NDEBUG;PNG_SCREENSHOT;WIDGETS_FIX;NEW_FRUSTUM;NETWORK_THREAD;BUG_FIX_3D_OBJECTS_MIN_MAX;NEW_TEX;OPTIONS_I18N;USE_FRAMEBUFFER;NEW_ACTOR_ANIMATION;COMMAND_BUFFER;USE_BBOX;ATI_9200_FIX;AUTO_UPDATE;COUNTERS

and since there's no real changelog, I made a short one. this is since roughly the last release.

Bugs (fixed :P ):

alt+enter and alt+tab sometimes 'catching'

first line of chat while in main window not always coloured (greyed name when it's on another channel)

filtering disabled in console (at least for now; the way it acted before this meant that it was buggy)

and many others

Features:

client will no longer stop scrolling the screen when near the edge of the map

#current_song

chat interface changes ( http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20904 )

widescreen options

client-side support for offline buddies (note: needs server changes before this will be effective)

option to turn off auto-update

force users to go to the bottom of the rules window as well as wait 15sec

option to show windows when in console

XP counters

session counters (earlier version, though the newer one is in my experimental client)

updated input area: when mouse is over the input area, you can use arrow keys, home/end/delete, and (when in console) click-to-move the cursor

coders who have committed changes to CVS (order is alphabetical, nothing else):

drakos7

lachesis

learner

n0nane

torg_el

ttlanhil

vegar

some of the changes were written by other programmers, and submitted via berlios or other means.

this includes (but is not limited to, apologies to anyone missed):

bharain

bongo

crusadingknight

I found a bug, but I don't know where to post. When you type #remove person, you first get a message this person isn't in your list, or something like that, I think that's connected to the buddy list? After that message the person got removed from your guild (what it is supposed to do)

Edit: Seems to be fixed, nvm

Edited by Cycloonx

When you type #remove person, you first get a message this person isn't in your list, or something like that, I think that's connected to the buddy list? After that message the person got removed from your guild (what it is supposed to do)
odd... yes, #remove_buddy will remove them from buddy list

I just tested it out and it was working correctly for me... uhm... unless the client is sending 2 messages, that'd be a server bug

okay, new version of installer up... and now for something different!

there's a new client available, which has several changes from CVS, that you are allowed to use on the main server (I've cleared this with Entropy. Since the patches I'm likely to include are ones that will go into CVS if they're okay, he's happy about it)

The new installer is able to download all 3 clients for you (but you do get to choose which one to download)

Note that the installer packs in a few files that some people won't yet have, of particular note, open your knowledge window, and click on "botanics".

the notepad, which has been in the client for a while but rarely used(because until now, the text-area widget wasn't as well behaved), is enabled in this build. Use Ctrl+N to open it

If all is well, these changes could go in before the feature freeze, which means they'll be in the next client release.

Please give the client a heavy workout and report any bugs you find

installer is still here

Great work bro :omg:

Any chance of enabling the per-guild clothing patch? :P

-DCUSTOM_LOOK

So far, I have one change request, on the botanics book, can the [X] be at the top right of the window as that is the location of [X]s on the other windows.

So far, I have one change request, on the botanics book, can the [X] be at the top right of the window as that is the location of [X]s on the other windows.

That should be in the thread for that patch... but no. That is the standard book window and won't change unless Roja wants a new look.

Any chance of enabling the per-guild clothing patch? :inquisitive:
unless it's ready to go live in the next update, no, i don't really want to start playing with defines

new version of the review client up, a number of changes in it (some from me, for the input stuff, the rest from CVS).

you need to have a new version of the counters.bmp file; yes, the installer will get it for you, just be sure to let it install the prerequisites as well as the review client (prereqs is now a seperate install option)

On the test server client thingie..ya know the one. I was on there and it seems that there is a bug in the numbers of the inventory. Like at the bottom. Mine has:

1 50 100 500 1000

When i clcik on the 1000 nothing happens. And when i click ont he 500 the 1000 number is selected. when i clcik on the 100 number the 500 is selected and whhen i click on 50 the 100 is selected. I couldnt clcik on the one, lol. I will go back later and try to test it again. I will try to post a screenie later when I go back there. And If I got htis all wrong then My bad :icon13:

When i clcik on the 1000 nothing happens. And when i click ont he 500 the 1000 number is selected. when i clcik on the 100 number the 500 is selected and whhen i click on 50 the 100 is selected. I couldnt clcik on the one, lol.
:icon13: uhm... are you using the compact inv window, by any chance? I'd expect that to work as well, but i don't use it... otherwise I've had no problems with it before

hi ttlanhil Getting can't run because of missing libxml2.dll file message when I try to use your version of EL.

can't run because of missing libxml2.dll file message when I try to use your version of EL.
:) you... did install to where your normal EL install is, right? libxml2.dll should be there already...

can't run because of missing libxml2.dll file message when I try to use your version of EL.
:) you... did install to where your normal EL install is, right? libxml2.dll should be there already...

Thought it did. It didn't ask for where to install so I didn't tell....will check further

Thought it did. It didn't ask for where to install so I didn't tell....will check further
if you used the installer, it should have asked where to install, using the default of "C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\" which is right for most but not all players

ooh... waitamin... you launched from the start menu? hmm...

d'oh, the shortcuts in the start menu were borked :)

oh well, new version of the installer will be up shortly, and launching from explorer in the folder should still work fine

ed: done, new version of the installer will set up the shortcuts to run in the EL dir

Edited by ttlanhil

:whistle: uhm... are you using the compact inv window, by any chance? I'd expect that to work as well, but i don't use it... otherwise I've had no problems with it before

I Don't know what ya mean really. It was just the inv that opened. I didn't see anything that gave me a choice to use another. Anyway, I have a pic. It is still doing it except I can now click on the 1 and the 50. Just gotta be off center a bit.

Screenie!

ahh, yes, that's compact inv. but I think i have an older version of that patch (I'd update, but I'm currently only maintaining the review client, that needs to be the current focus)

you should be able to revert to the normal inv layout in the config window, and it should then work as normal

Edited by ttlanhil

F2 bug in elc_ttlanhil_review.exe. Web page loads fine but client encounters a problem & shuts down. Works fine in elc_ttlanhil.exe. Default browser is Firefox if that has any relevance.

F2 bug in elc_ttlanhil_review.exe. Web page loads fine but client encounters a problem & shuts down. Works fine in elc_ttlanhil.exe. Default browser is Firefox if that has any relevance.

That's a misunderstanding I had oops. It's now fixed in CVS. You will need to wait until Ttl releases a fixed version (with a bunch more goodies that went in today).

Guest The_Knight

Is there many bugs in this client? Im going to dowmload it and check this out.

But by the looks of it, its pretty cool :dry:

Thanks again

Knight