Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jevik

Win Two Million Gold Pieces

It's December, the month for giving away stuff, and for students to have too much free time.

So, here is the deal: If enough people vote on www.mpogd.com to get Eternal Lands into the top ten, I'll hold a lottery to give away one million gold. If EL stays up there long enough, I'll give away another million.

I haven't worked out all the details, but here's a few of them. I'll probably set the date of when it's valid to be a week or so into December (so we don't get a couple hundred votes, get an easy top ten placement, and let it slide for the rest of the month.). I'm thinking the period to qualify for "if it stays up there long enough" should be another week or so. Also, you can only vote once per day, so don't spend an hour stuffing the ballto box, it won't work.

As for the methods of collecting names for the lottery, I'll have to work on that. Also, I can't make sure the people submitting names for the lottery are actually voting, so this is sort of an honour system.

So on that note, get to the voting booth. Remember, only one vote per day.

Jevik

P.S.: If anyone can think of a better way to give away the cash, feel free to suggest it. If anyone wants to help organize the lottery, give me a shout (you can't win the lottery if you help run it, btw).

P.P.S.: I do have the money, but if you PM me asking for a handout, you're disqualified from the lottery.

This is a good idea. Its impossible to tell who votes or not but you could put in all the names on teh community page and pick who wins (randomly of course) I think last month we stayed in top 10 for 2-3 weeks so its not hard to stay in top 10. You should give away the extra million gp if we stay in the top 10 for the end of the month...

Due to recent changes to the game, I can no longer afford to fund this contest. I am terribly sorry.

Jevik

Due to recent changes to the game, I can no longer afford to fund this contest. I am terribly sorry.

Jevik

Entropy said he would provide the prize if we organize it. Well, Jevik, if YOU organize the event.

If jevik doesnt come up with anything...I can quickly make a program to create three random numbers, you would just e-mail ur numbers to me and I would keep going until I found a winner :( Not sure how well that would work though......

alright i just voted for my 3rd time. cant wait to see EL in #1

and gate its gerald not gareth that used to sell the coal. harvy sells it now

Erm, boss, I don't mind the idea, but you remember our conversation regarding how that other game won game of the month? well, this is kinda like that........ If I remember correctly you laughed at how pathetic they were for having to do something like that to get people to vote.

/End

~E.S.

Erm, boss, I don't mind the idea, but you remember our conversation regarding how that other game won game of the month? well, this is kinda like that........ If I remember correctly you laughed at how pathetic they were for having to do something like that to get people to vote.

/End

~E.S.

LOL

Sure, but that's not the same thing. First of all, I didn't come up with the idea, someone else did. Second, this is a prize for one person, it's not like the update depends on it.

I'll help organize It's not like I'm in serious need of the gold I mean I'm almost at 20 alch and I have 26 harvest along with 13 manu so I can make money pretty easy if I want to

So for the lottery . . . we need a way to make sure that somone isn't entering dummy characters to increase their chances of winning. What do you guys consider a fair minimum requirement for a character to win? We're looking for something to indicate that the character has been in use awhile . . .

So can the mods, we have the ip addresses too :wink: :twisted: