Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bahamut_Zero

Low fps after update

After the latest update, my fps r much lower.

The camera follows the char looking from up to down, right?

But i changed my camera so i can see far objects (i can see in front of me)

and i never had problems, my fps were always at least 30.(not that good, but i was able to play smoothly)

Now when i try to see far objects my fps drop to 9....

What is going on?

If i dont tilt the camera its all ok... but when i try to see far away the fps drop violently... can someone help me?

I never had problems before the update.

Thx.

Edited by Derin

When you tilt the camera, your computer will have to draw a lot more objects than before, hence thr drop in performance.

...i already know that... if u read my post carefully u will see that i never had problems before!!!!

the fps only drop after i updated the game, before the update there was no problem!!! i could see everything with no slowdown.

the update must have changed something... the polygon count? have the objects been changed to models with more polygons or something???

edit: i have the latest drivers...

Edited by Bahamut_Zero

It is only fair to expect that every new verion of the game will be better. The usual downside of this is that you also need to keep your computer "up to speed".

Can you post your computer specifications here?

It is only fair to expect that every new verion of the game will be better. The usual downside of this is that you also need to keep your computer "up to speed".

Can you post your computer specifications here?

Celeron 1,2 Ghz

256 MB RAM

RADEON 9200 SE 128 MB

WINXP

I know it sounds crappy....

But as incredible as it may seem, i can play the latest games on it and with really good speed and with very nice graphs (not top but acceptable).

Maybe EL has some programming mistakes? Dont want to insult the developers.. i love the game.´

If i can play pes 5 silent hill 4 and doom3 on it... i guess el shouldnt have any problem.

Use "isometric view" and see if you can get better fps - you see less but you play smoothly....

With iso view i get ~ 60 fps, without ~12-10

i know that, but as u say.. i wont be able to see much... and for me that wont work.

Thx anyway.

You will still be able to see quite much with isometric view, just not as much as with the perspective view.

If you want to play with perspective view I suggest you get more RAM and check again if you have the latest Calyst drivers.

Case closed.