Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sam3773

scented candels or something

ok while sat in grubani last night i saw a new player, who had clearly been killed a few times, going there for cactus, she had no armour or sword, no capes nothing on, so i think there should be a new item, a candle thing that you can use on Non-pk maps that when you click the eating button, then click it, it dissapears and a thing comes up saying something like "Candle engaged, prepare for animals", and every animal in a small zone around it comes to the candle, but it will only be a small area becasue i imagon it would be really laggy if every monster in one map was at one point, and it only lasts like 30 seconds.

Hmmmm, like she drops it and runs and all the animals go to it instead of her, well seems like it would be better for higher levels who want to train faster. They drop it beside em and all the monsters come to them. Too bad Entropy will probably never do it.

aactully i was thinking becasue these animals can kill her, i drop the candel and run, the monsters come, see her, and kill her

Well, if there's incense for attracting creatures then logically there also should be a kind to repel creature as well.

But the trick is that what may attract one creature may so repel yet another! What would be even more cruel would be that by attracting a creature, you'll also make it hostile to you.

Imagine using these Incenses to help in hunting needed Animals. Yet, say you're trying to attrack a Wolf but you also attract a wondering bear, yet at the same time repelling Foxes and Deers.

Same with Monsters. Trolls might be attracted to one scent (say like the smell of Rotten Eggs) yet Ogres are repelled by it. And imagine this in WSC. The scent that attracts White rabbits also happens to be the scent that attracts Gargoyles!

Of course, I think this idea sort of pivots on the idea that it shouldn't attract from a distance. Too many problems there.