Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Placid

#GM Typo and console commands

The help text sent when you don't enter a #gm message is incorrect.

It gives an argument length of -1, which is impossible.

Secondly, why when in console mode does typing 'ping'[press enter] actually send a #ping command instead of the word 'ping' to local chat?

Secondly, why when in console mode does typing 'ping'[press enter] actually send a #ping command instead of the word 'ping' to local chat?

The #ping/ping thing also works the same way for #time/time/Time (as it look like 4 people to figure out last night :brooding:)

The #ping/ping thing also works the same way for #time/time/Time (as it look like 4 people to figure out last night :brooding:)

Yeah there are several commands that do it.

Its pointless IMO

same with AFK, i think :brooding:

also with stats..probly with some more

could some1 check if it also works for reset? that would be bad

Edited by vwpro

Yeah, afk has always been like that.

Like I said, there are several commands that do it, I haven't documented them all :brooding:

[EDIT]

Good point, reset might need to be checked. Then again it does ask you twice, but if your looking at the keyboard and miss the text - UH OH!

Originally some commands required a #, others didn't and could only be type in full console. A change was made a long time ago so that #command always worked. The client side commands thought still have the old code allowing for # being optional.

Originally some commands required a #, others didn't and could only be type in full console. A change was made a long time ago so that #command always worked. The client side commands thought still have the old code allowing for # being optional.

Can it be removed? Its a PITA.

Im sure a patch is quite simple too...

yeh its not right

few times i wanted to let my friends in local know i went afk

so i said afk,and walked away

also if people ask u things , i would like to answer without using it :[

yeh its not right

few times i wanted to let my friends in local know i went afk

so i said afk,and walked away

also if people ask u things , i would like to answer without using it :[

Exactly. Although when I first found it, I assumed it was part of the afk feature itself. Not untill I found it happened with other commands did I realise it might be a bug or side effect of a bad feature.

Ummmmm... did that just get fixed server side? Cos everything is working as it should, ie goes to local chat... and it was broken 2 hours ago.

#gm<enter> still has the incorrect error message "The maximum length of each argument is -1".

/edit: Made it clearer

Edited by Torg

if you check the client code, you should find that if the line starts with a '#' or it's in console, it gets checked for a client-side command, hence why it doesn't always seem to happen

yes, this is a pain and non-intuitive, that's why I wanted to change it a while back... but I was told it was meant to be that way and to leave it alone