Eternal Lands Official Forums
lorddeath202

can you believe this ? i can't

would an "only in america" be appropriate here?

No, an "Only in the USA" is more adequate, Colombia (just to put an example) is in America also (though people from USA like to think that they are the only ones) and, even being one of the countries with an higher criminalistic rate, they would never think of such think like this one. Well, maybe in the U.K. Mr. Blair could, but most people would never trust him to that extent (I think, I am not english either)... :)

Well lets say that some people mature faster than others. and id have to say only in USA fits fine, or maybe even america. But it still amazes me that a kid of 6 can do this. I mean if he was a little older i could understand, but 6! Id have to say that an obvous reason would be parents, brothers and freinds. He might have watched a movie with that in it and thought it was okay. He might have watched one of those "cartoons" like family guy and had thought it was okay. Overall I am a bit shocked and i am laughing at this moment.

Well lets say that some people mature faster than others. and id have to say only in USA fits fine, or maybe even america. But it still amazes me that a kid of 6 can do this. I mean if he was a little older i could understand, but 6! Id have to say that an obvous reason would be parents, brothers and freinds. He might have watched a movie with that in it and thought it was okay. He might have watched one of those "cartoons" like family guy and had thought it was okay. Overall I am a bit shocked and i am laughing at this moment.

No way, a six years old child does not have that instinct, since sex is deeply based in bioquimical mechanisms that at that age are just not working, until the puberty. I dont think at all that there is any sexual aspect in that behaviour, he grabed the belt of a girl like he could have grabed a male friend by his shirt, to grab his attention or just to play.

The only sexual addicts here are the ones that see a sexual behaviour even in that silly thing that a six years old child made. That is odd, perverse, and certainly, not so sane on their side. There are only two things that move childs in these regards: curiosity and mimetism, so, I would never put the "harasser" stigmata into a six years old boy that might suffer from this during all his life, just because some idiot put that label on him.

About the maturity, I dont think that in the USA or any other uber developed country the people maturate faster, in Uganda 4 years old childs have to work to eat, that is to HAVE TO MATURATE FAST, but not in USA.

Edited by m_bee

OMG :confused:

I mean, 2 fingers in a waistband...

No, kids that age do not have any sexual feelings. Just tell the poor kid it's not okay to mess with other peoples clothes and leave it at that:/

a Lexington, North Carolina, 6-year-old was separated from his class after kissing a classmate on the cheek.

Now we teach children that showing affection at all is bad? :omg:

That is a very sad story, but unfortunately, having worked in the American school system, it doesn't surprise me too much. Teachers are held accountable for a LOT, and whoever suspended them was probably worried about backlash. (I am just guessing)

Yes, it's silly, but it's not so far-fetched to believe that the parents of the young girl would sue the school system if they found the fingers-in-the-waistband to be sexual harassment (i.e. were just looking for free money :brooding: )

I've have seen many interesting 'thingies' in the USA, but this is class for itself. Way to go USA... you're doing well.

Ok, this isn't ridicoulous- it's sickening

I work in a preschool with children from the ages of 2 and a half to 5- what do i do if a 5 5 year old kid there hugs anither? or kisses them on the cheek?

Well, better get started on them suspension papers

There aren;t any words to describe how wrong this is. It's creul enough tpo punish someone for something they havn't done- but in this case he did nothing, dosn't understand what he did, and for CHRISTS SAKE, he basicly touched her clothes?!?!?!? thats it?!?!?!?

What is it with america that leads to all this BS....

sorry, i'm done now

sorry, i'm done now

Again, America is not a country, America is a continent, If these things happens in the USA, that does not mean that people in Brazil (part of America, of course, and that is just an example, I could have said Perú) do the same. Altough, ppl from USA like to think that America is their country, Sorry, it is not. (Not all people, of course, but most of them). :):)

Again, America is not a country, America is a continent, If these things happens in the USA, that does not mean that people in Brazil (part of America, of course, and that is just an example, I could have said Perú) do the same. Altough, ppl from USA like to think that America is their country, Sorry, it is not. (Not all people, of course, but most of them).

eep...

accept my apoligies for this, and america's reputation should NOT be based on the USA'S stupidity

*crawls back into hole*

sorry, i'm done now

Again, America is not a country, America is a continent, If these things happens in the USA, that does not mean that people in Brazil (part of America, of course, and that is just an example, I could have said Perú) do the same. Altough, ppl from USA like to think that America is their country, Sorry, it is not. (Not all people, of course, but most of them). :o:)

America is 2 continents. Also:

America

n 1: North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; achieved independence in 1776 [syn: United States, United States of America, America, US, U.S., USA, U.S.A.] 2: North and South America [syn: America, the Americas]

(simple response: "America" refers to BOTH the one nation, AND the whole of both continents. It's just the way things happened, and has not much (if anything) to do with the USA trying to either claim the whole of both continents or exclude the rest of the Americas from their rightful term.)

Guess we could simplify and instead of referring to ourselves as Americans, we could go back to using our respective state names instead - two problems there. One, we quit that when we started looking at ourselves as one nation (instead of 50 squabbling loosely-linked states); two, people of Atlanta and Tbilisi might cause confusion internationally being referred to by the same term.

EDIT: Agreed, the USA has it's fair share of really stupid stuff, but we're FAR from being the only ones... Just, somehow, we figured out how to REWARD stupidity...

Edited by Arnieman

Agreed, the USA has it's fair share of really stupid stuff, but we're FAR from being the only ones... Just, somehow, we figured out how to REWARD stupidity...

I'm in the UK, and admittedly I've always thought our country worse the U S of A, but things like this make me doubt that

Well, this is what you get from a lawsuit happy society. I remember hearing awhile back about some US woman who had her entire town paralysed if they didn't do everything as SHE wanted. How she would do this was if someone did something she didn't like, she'd file a lawsuit. Even if it was some kinda stupid crap that even a kindergarten student would point out as such, they still had to go to court over it - and not only that, but the way the law's written, whoever she sued had to at least pay legal fees. (I think I heard this over the BBC (a local radio station runs the BBC after midnight), but it was a few years back.)

Then again, what can you expect when we allow people to sue McDonald's because they are stupid enough to spill hot coffee on themselves?

Well, this is what you get from a lawsuit happy society. I remember hearing awhile back about some US woman who had her entire town paralysed if they didn't do everything as SHE wanted. How she would do this was if someone did something she didn't like, she'd file a lawsuit. Even if it was some kinda stupid crap that even a kindergarten student would point out as such, they still had to go to court over it - and not only that, but the way the law's written, whoever she sued had to at least pay legal fees. (I think I heard this over the BBC (a local radio station runs the BBC after midnight), but it was a few years back.)

Then again, what can you expect when we allow people to sue McDonald's because they are stupid enough to spill hot coffee on themselves?

I hate to burst your bubble, but the Lady who spilled the coffee was a senior and sustained 3rd degree burns all over her body, plus even though the jury did award her 3 million dollars she never actuall received them, of course not to mention that when she tried to settle out of court McDonalds would only give her $800.

however, there are still more frivolouse lawsuits than I would like (yes, I am an AMERICAN, and a citezen of U. S. of A.)

I hate to burst your bubble, but the Lady who spilled the coffee was a senior and sustained 3rd degree burns all over her body, plus even though the jury did award her 3 million dollars she never actuall received them, of course not to mention that when she tried to settle out of court McDonalds would only give her $800.

Sure. How the poor ole lady could have known that you could get burnt by spilling hot coffe over yourself? And how could you know that you could get fat by eating fat stuff? People simply don't want to admit their own faults and prefer to blame "the government" or "transnational corporations" for their own stupidity. And you can always make some money too.

Edited by Mireille

Sure. How the poor ole lady could have known that you could get burnt by spilling hot coffe over yourself? And how could you know that you could get fat by eating fat stuff? People simply don't want to admit their own faults and prefer to blame "the government" or "transnational corporations" for their own stupidity. And you can always make some money too.

I have to admit that it does seem that most of the lawsuits floating around are worthless, and I think that some tort reform would be nice, even though plaintiffs don't win their cases as often as thought.

a Lexington, North Carolina, 6-year-old was separated from his class after kissing a classmate on the cheek.

Now we teach children that showing affection at all is bad? :evilgrin:

Where I live(texas), Public Diplays of affection (anything other than a 2 sec hug from the side i believe) can get you in trouble (normally yelled at by the school cop)