Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sheesh

My suggestion

What exactly is the General Section of the Suggestion Forum for? I am not trying to stir up trouble, but as the posts increase in this section, I get more curious as to its intended purpose. I see great promise in all of the other sections, but this section seems to regress often. This is part of the Development category, not the general chat.

Development is an evolutionary process in which you always go forward (through mutations of some sort) to a finished product. And since this game is in beta, we are seeing evolution in the making. Development is NOT a revolution in which we return back to the start to undo all the previous mistakes or misconceptions that some think that this game contains. I personally feel that 5 topics on feasting potions is at least 4 (if not 5) too many in this section. They may all have a different spin on the idea, but they all end with wanting to do away with, changing the recipe, or changing economic value of them. Searching for the subject matter would cut down on the chatter before the post, but still most of the people posting here cannot see the forest through the trees.

Now, we all want to make new things, have new types of weapons/armor, and new creatures to fight. But eventually all things in this game, whether it be a potion, essence, or weapons/armor will have some of the same ingredients that can possibly be used for something else that we also want so dearly. Let's face it, our desires to have more cool stuff will exceed the harvestables (whether it is flora, ores, or animals) that the game permists us to have. So in the end, if we keep posting these disappointments in this development section of the forum, we will never go forward and evolve into something other than beta.

Fact is that most of us do not know what is ahead of us. But trying to change the inevitable--that some resources are going to be doubled up for other items is a fact that will continue, regardless of how economically sound you think your argument is. So please, if you have a gripe, take it to the general forum and leave the development section for the evolution of the game.

Well, people like to give suggestions and new ideas for the game. If we close this forum they're just going to go posting in general chat or elsewhere.

This game isn't finished of course, and it has an open development system. Basically we ARE open to new ideas for the game. There have been many good ones out here, most will never get in, but there are some that will. Having a centralized place for people to post ideas makes it easier for us to find them.

Sure it's filled with junk and redundant posts, that's going to happen whether we like it or not. Which is why I made a separate suggestions forum for specific issues, so the junk won't pile up.

Hope that explains it :blink: