Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Player Ranking suggestions

I've added a new feature the the Top50 pages at http://www.other-life.com/el/top/ranking.php to quickly and more accurately let you know what your ranking it.

When you look at your own ranking, it will be more accurate because it takes into account players you are tied with better then the Top pages.

Please give me any suggestions and feedback on the new Ranking page!

I LOVE the check your ranking option! It was a real blow to find out I was like 2134th in attack, but great in any case.

My only problem was when I tried to look at the top 200 it had a hard time downloading it all. I thought that was odd because I can get 100kb/s download.

err.... stupid question, what's num tied mean? :)

It tells you how many people have exactly the same skill level. I guess.

EDIT:

If this ranking looks into player's accounts, than maybe It'd be possible to show also what guild the players belong to. :)

Edited by Ulrih

err.... stupid question, what's num tied mean? :)

It tells you how many people have exactly the same skill level. I guess.

EDIT:

If this ranking looks into player's accounts, than maybe It'd be possible to show also what guild the players belong to. :)

if tied is that what u say, u can guess peoples a/d way to easy..

as u can see brisingamen doesnt have prive mode on and is 113 def, and it shows that there is 1 more person with same def as me

so that has to be brisingamen or belali..

Edited by vwpro

EDIT:

If this ranking looks into player's accounts, than maybe It'd be possible to show also what guild the players belong to. :whistle:

This has come up a zillion times and it isn't that easy. If it were, it would already be done. *cough*search*cough*

If this ranking looks into player's accounts, than maybe It'd be possible to show also what guild the players belong to. :whistle:

This has come up a zillion times and it isn't that easy. If it were, it would already be done. *cough*search*cough*

OK, I guess I just thought that there is now a new possibility to gather data. Nvm then.

Anyway, that ranking is super-cool and totally awesome!

yah, fix the form location. currently it uses
<Base HREF="http://www.eternal-lands.com/page/">

for the location to submit to when viewing in konqueror (I then checked in links and lynx. they gave exactly the same result) instead of submitting the form to the same page. I couldn't even append ?Pname=ttlanhil to the URL since it doesn't seem to accept HTTP GET (which is annoying... and probably wrong. POST is when it will change data, or the data is too large for the header. GET is for non-altering requests)

Whoops I posted on the other thread not this one.... anyway I love it and I used it on my pc but it doesn't work with safari I get this:

picture16kz.th.png

yah, fix the form location. currently it uses
<Base HREF="http://www.eternal-lands.com/page/">

for the location to submit to when viewing in konqueror (I then checked in links and lynx. they gave exactly the same result) instead of submitting the form to the same page. I couldn't even append ?Pname=ttlanhil to the URL since it doesn't seem to accept HTTP GET (which is annoying... and probably wrong. POST is when it will change data, or the data is too large for the header. GET is for non-altering requests)

POST was used on purpose, interesdting though that how some browsers handled things. The BASE has been changed now.

POST was used on purpose,
so I figured. doesn't make it right though

ed: actually, let me take a guess as to why. because you're using POST instead of a no-cache header/meta tag, so that the data isn't cached?

interesdting though that how some browsers handled things.
yes. specifically that it worked with other browsers. you used a relative URI, hence it should have been resolved using the base href given above

relative link resolution. it deals with HTML 4.0, so it's not like it's a new change. any browser less than half a decade old should be able to do HTML 4.0... they just often don't do it right. checking the XML and XHTML docs didn't suggest that the situation has since changed either

so any browser on which it worked was probably not performing to HTML spec (although perhaps firefox did check it, then tried the current documents' location as a base href, it has a habit of trying different approaches when it gets a 404 or missing hostname)

Edited by ttlanhil

Are there some inactive players removed from the top50?

I'm going to be adding a cleanup process to run regularly to remove inactive people.