Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tumaros

People who want to write stories...Read this first

Ok people, Roja's looking for stories for the history of Eternal Lands, which will be put under the "Library" section of Eternal-Lands.net. Since, as you know, she's been extremely busy lately, so I've been appointed as the story evaluator and main story writer. I'll be looking over stories on here that would fit into the storyline, help out people who have a good concept but need someone to write it (or vice versa, can write well but need a concept), etc. and send what I believe are the best stories to Roja (to see what I look for in a story, read over some of the ones that I've posted that I wrote). Any questions, just post them here, send a pm here the forums, or talk to me in-game. My email is tumaros17@hotmail.com , but please don't send me full stories via email. Thanks, and keep those stories coming!

For more information, visit this page.

I have a few questions:

1. I have written some quests (not about what your talking about but its a question lol), and I dont see the point in posting it here because its a waste of my tiem as well as yours seeming as quests are being put on hold, and prolly wont start being reintereated for atleast a few months.

2. I could write some stories and if thier liked so be it. But it would take me like 3 days to make it to my likings making sure its not drag, and then if it isnt excepted, thats over 5-10 hours of my time for nothing lol. Yeah that is the way life is, but I want to atleast know if we even have a chance before I do anything lol.

3. Hasnt oja already poste an announcement?

1. Uh, well, Slayton is the quest person, why would you be posting it on this forum in the first place?

2. All I can really say is give it a shot. Devote your time to ONE story, if it takes you so long (after all the story only has to be a short telling of an event, around 10 pages or so. Also, preferably something that you'd read in a book, unlike a history book type of description) and put it on the forums (or if there's one that you want me to read in particular then point it out). From there I could say whether you have a good chance or not. To other people-if you feel the same way, and you don't want to waste time on a story that wouldn't be accepted, then do the concept first, get it approved, and then write it. Whatever you like.

3. As far as I know, she hasn't posted an announcement about me being story evaluator...maybe I need to check the forum again?

Whhhhat the fuck? You're the story writer? So if I write a story I won't get any credit for it?

Jeez. Tumaros hates me from newb days methinks, would that affect whehter he likes my stories or not?

Sorry I haven't been able to respond to people's stories, I've just had a tough time with my personal life, medical issues, relationships, bla bla bla, but I promise I will try to read through all your stories as soon as I can. Again, I apologize, and as soon as I sort out my life I will actually do my job :cry:

Yay! Tummy's back! :) How are you? (totally oftopic, but who cares)

*Jumps around and does the weirdest dance he can think of...)

Just in case this happened to be your first thread:

Read the sticky called "New Storyline Editor" after this. :D

And then you can proceed to read/write whatever you want

-Lyn-

EDIT: That thread has been deleted. Read the sticky called: "Want to write a story for EL? Read this first" by Roja.

Sorry I haven't been able to respond to people's stories, I've just had a tough time with my personal life, medical issues, relationships, bla bla bla, but I promise I will try to read through all your stories as soon as I can. Again, I apologize, and as soon as I sort out my life I will actually do my job  :)

that sucks.. know what its like..got some of the same situation here..or at least had :P

DAMN I NEED HER

when I can't focus ALL THAT much on school 'caus of STUPID hypocritic friends! well at least in the past. some people are smegos.