Eternal Lands Official Forums

Can't Get Out of Portland Storage

This bug just recently started happening to me. For some reason I cannot get out of the storage in Portland.

I click the door and it does nothing. I have not modified either the portland or the portland insides map file. I downloaded and replaced both these files with the ones from the official download page, but the problem still exists.

I know that this is not happening to everyone because I can watch people leave and my guild members do not have the same problem, but I do not know why it is only happening to me and not them. I tried using the test client and that worked.

I am using a CVS client from 2006-01-07, 04:16:17 and have a GeForce2 440 Mx graphics card.

I am using a CVS client from 2006-01-07, 04:16:17 and have a GeForce2 440 Mx graphics card.

Congratz, you won a free fur hat :icon13:

In early january was a problem, that you cant leave portland storage. Just get the latest CVS source, edit the Makefile.linux like i mentioned here ( http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22207 ), meaning add some more options and you should be fine.

Piper

I use windows and downloaded the precompiled CVS client from Zep's site. He stopped updating jan. 17 when the problem still existed. I guess I will just have to avoid PL storage until the update. Thx for your help.

yes, The sites no longer updated. Mainly because ive been in-active. The machine that was doing the cvs work has been assigned to another task at present.

I might go to the effort again now that the Makefiles are no longer broken.

However that host will prolly no longer be suitable.

*shrugs*

On a side note, The builds were causeing more trouble then they were worth, Mods were questioning players on the client being used, because of some bug.

To top it off people wouldnt report they were using the client when they reported the bugs, So it made life harder again. and would rarely report the version.

Edited by Zep