Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kayliana

I like the idea, but I think no other person should be allowed (by the code itself) to wear those items, except the guildmembers. Otherwise it might be abused by other players not in your guild.

Or... if you want to be really mean you could build some poisonous (negative) effect into this shields... e.g: if a person takes one of your guildshields, he instantly dies (from a poisonous stinger perhaps, that's activated if non-guild members try to wear the item) :twisted: :twisted:

Im no expert in 3D modelling or designing But Wouldnt a new 3d model have to be made for Every new guild just to put the sign on it, i meen you'll have to ask roja if it is

well they did buy milkshape 3d sam. Also the image would just have to be draw then placed over the sheild; extra programing(sry ent) would have to be provided to make the Embelem show up on ONLY that guilds sheild. hope this gives u guys an idea on the work put into this game(im trying to learn C but its on hard mother *#$^er). :shock: :P

I'd love the idea of Guild Crests. I suggested putting them on shields as well as over the guild owned houses over in the other forum but no one seamed interested at the time.

But I agree that it'll be complex to put your Crest on your shields. That would basicly require a new shield-face drawn on each shield not to mention if you want a Crest on your shield regardless of whether it's Wood, Iron or Steel!

Plus the programming required to make them player exclusive would be annoying but not very hard.

Should they be place on your shield if your have a Wood or Iron shield or should they only be limited to Steel Shields and up? How about not making them Automaticly place on your shield but you have to put the Crest on your shield somehow in the game, like a New NPC that does it or you have to have it done when you first make/buy the shield? Kind of like custom designing your shield, which would require a lot more money/skill of course.

Im no expert in 3D modelling

told ya i didnt know, how about i list them then..

• guilds having a similer logo

• Newbs, "WHY DONSNT MY SHEILD HAVE THAT ON!!"

• These bullet points are too black.

Good idea, but only as a PAID feature (with real life money). It will be expensive too, because otherwise every guild will want one, and that is not feasable at all (takes a lot of our tiem to add the shield, increases the game and download size, makes the game slower, etc.)

The shield itself could be the same object, and only the texture be selected *client side* from the guild of the person wearing the shield. Of course that means that the texture would change if you sold the shield to someone else, but I see that only as an advantage.

And of course, it should have a default texture, if it couldn't find the guild texture (new guild added since last update). If auto-update gets implemented, this may not be necessary, but even then some people (56k) may turn it off, and only update manually when required by the server.

Doing it this way reduces the work for adding a new guild shield to making the texture itself, which might even be done by the players themselves, if anyone in the guild has the skills to make a texture that fits the game.