Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MoonShadow

Fighting formula

well .. i think ent needs to change the fighting formula a bit.

i mean its impossible for a player who has about 10 levels lower stats than i have to hit me. i think that should be changed because the way it is now you could just make a 1 player guild and kill another guild.

thats why you should be able to hurt somebody even if you got like 20 levels less than the enemy. because so you will be able to kill very strong ppl in groups and nobody can make the pk map his own.

... that makes the stats and leveling which takes alot of time not that important which is good in my opinion because i would like ppl to fight together against some ppl instead of leveling the whole time and just saying "my stats are higher, i won". this also makes being in a guild more important and thats why we need to change the formula.

I'm totally and absolutely behind your idea :)

No question that the fighting formula needs improvement.

But also the fighting system needs some tweaking IMHO. I don't see why someone who's fighting with bare hands get's more EXP than ppl with weapons. I mean it's just a cheap way around to lvl-up faster, a boring way. ppl whuold be encouraged to obtain and use weapons, right now I see a lot of players running around in full armor, with shiny shields, but bare handed... This just doesn't fit into a fantasy world (at least in my opinion), it's also not really logical. If there were different fighting styles, it'll be ok, because then there could be a "full contact karate style" you could only train without any weapons, shields and only wearing light armor.

I've choosen to fight with a sword, even though I know I'll get less EXP, 'cause I like to roleplay within the world of EL, not just lvl-up to see higher numbers...

I agree with moonshadows idea ppl should have more 'chance' to hit higher level players / monsers..

So u cannot just stand around a spawn and walk away from your computer because you dont get killed anyway while killing monsters..

But also because its not really realistic.

Perhaps an idea for kasgoroths problem would be that u get a fixed amount of experience for each monster / animal.. This way ppl are encouraged to kill with swords and armors so they can kill 'higher' animals/monsters and get more exp. On the other hand u cannot train just defense or something anymore then :P

So generally I like the idea of the exp getting by hits as it is right now. In fantasy worlds most ppl are poor and cannot afford the weapons / armors any way..

the problem right now is that you get a flat under pr blow landed. this means that its better to fight barehanded as you do less damage.

i ones made a system that the more total damage you had done to a monster the bigger a cut of the exp from that monster.

allso, exp should be handed out at end of combat, be that even if you die.

if a monster have 100 hitpoints and you do 10 pr blow then you get a total of 100 if you kill it and say 50 if you die or flee after getting the monster to 50% heath. this have no abuse potential as even if you break of, get some exp and come back fighting the monster still have the now lower amount of exp so when the new fight starts you can only get somutch from him (no way to get 100% as he is below 100% health).

so if the monster have 100 hitpoints and you kill it then you get the whole exp sum that the monster can give in attack exp. if you only damage it so that its 50% health and then flee or die you only get 50% of the exp the monster can give.

same deal with defense only that here its calculated based on the amount of damage the monster would have done if the blow didnt get blocked. so if you block enough attack that if they had not been blocked would have killed you then you get that mutch exp from a monster.

so if you have 100 hitpoints and block 3 attacks eatch doing 10 damage you will get 30% of the exp sum the monster can give when combat ends in defense exp.

the only place the above system breaks down is when more then one person is fighting a monster as then the person that does the most damage get the most attack exp.

allso, i dont think swords or any other weapon that can be paired with a shield should have defense bonuses.

allso, a critical system so that if say the monster get a within a set unmber on his test his blow goes past any defense, be that armor or defense skill. that way even a rabbit can kill if your unlucky.

I also agree that you should be able to hit someone, even if it's just 1hp..that's like nothing to a higher leveler, but it is still something, and makes it a LITTLe more interesting. Even the best fighters slip up every now and then.

And 100 level one players might even be able to kill a level 50 player, simply by attacking one at a time (of course the first many level one players would die).

So the rangers may even be able to kill tropicano if CO organises a contest again :twisted:

I just think that our attack exp should be proportional to how much damage you do. Just something so that there is no benefit to doing as little damage as possible. And yes, I think you should be able to hit people with a higher defense than you. Also, I think there should be a way to focus on a fighting stat besides the pickaxe trick, the escape trick, and god stat bonuses. I mean, some way to choose whether we want a higher attack than defense, a higher defense than attack, or balanced stats. I mean we could choose to fight aggresively or defensively, without exploiting the combat system or spending tons of money on a god.

Guest VegX

I totally agree...the fighting system has much room for improvements....for say fighting an orge with a white cape... you maybe be lvl 30 and get ownt! badly but when adding together moon's idea you do tiny increments of dmg then body restore like crazy go back and do it again until you kill it. This would increase the potions market...exp gain for more than just 80xp per hit/block this does get changed fighting something totally out of your league could help with tons of excitement and twice as much work with a twist of being actually theatened. Rather than fighting a certain monster till your of lvl to not get straight up killed by different one.

I agree with this, today in the guild war moonshadow attacked me and i have 38 defense and he still killed me in 3 hits and i never layed a mark on him!

I think that no matter what the different in levels, armor, etc ... there should always be a chance to miss, and always a chance to hit!

I don't know if the current formula allows for this or not. If it doesn't then some chance for either happening should be allowed. That way even a 50/50/50 in full gear still has a chance to take damage. Very slim, yes, but still a chance.