Eternal Lands Official Forums
Atlantis

Top 50 Bug

I, Atlantis, am down below people with manufacture level 30, even though mine is 37. I've been wondering why I haven't advanced at all in the past week :)

Yea I got lvl 41 summoning several days ago and I'm still in 11 place behind Nardo that is at lvl 40, normally when I lvl it shows up within 24 hours.

My case isn't even like 24 hours though, I've had level 35 Manu for at least a week, that puts me up in the top 100 at least, I'm all the way down at 188 :)

The Top50 uses a different server, with different code.

There will be a certain delay between the two.

There are also some other issues that prevents the Top50 to display accurately and timely.

lol why is top 50 so important for u?...

be the best means that u wasted here more time than others

(if i dont count players who most of their time r chating or do nothing :) )

Those pages have been taken down now since they information was badly out of date and would have stayed that way.

lol why is top 50 so important for u?...

be the best means that u wasted here more time than others

(if i dont count players who most of their time r chating or do nothing :D )

LoL, you know yourself that good ? :)

Are you planning on having someone take over maintaining this list?

If there is no plan at this stage, I'd be happy to take it on if you are interested.

Considering that to maintain such a list would require knowing the stats of players with privacy on, I doubt that they will let any normal player or mod take over this project.

It would have to be a server developer or EL themselves to get this going again.

Considering that to maintain such a list would require knowing the stats of players with privacy on, I doubt that they will let any normal player or mod take over this project.

It would have to be a server developer or EL themselves to get this going again.

Yeah that's fair. It's actually kinda interesting as I hadn't thought of it from that perspective at all. I was considering the problems from the side of being given access to server code, or a method of maintaining that externally (having a copy of that portion and providing updates without access to the full code and other ideas). Permissions to view data, hmmmm. Good point.

Yeah that's fair. It's actually kinda interesting as I hadn't thought of it from that perspective at all. I was considering the problems from the side of being given access to server code, or a method of maintaining that externally (having a copy of that portion and providing updates without access to the full code and other ideas). Permissions to view data, hmmmm. Good point.

I imagine you would get permission to view the stats (not likely) before you got permission to view the server code (really not likely) :P

Edit: It's already covered, just will take a bit of time to get it all set up.

I'm currently updating the data at http://www.other-life.com/el/top/ and will be taking steps to see about ensuring it can be kept up to date better then it has been in the past.

Donations for this service are accepted via PayPal to swilcoxon AT soncom.com :P

P.S. For those of you who may be confused, the old site wasn't able to keep the data as up to date as in that past, that's why it was shut down. I've taken over it and taking steps to update the data more often.

uhhh...not really....

Its a system of respect, I look and see oh LochnessLobster and Annraoi are #1 manu levels they must be really cool, but not MrMind he is a loser ^_^

Edited by Atlantis

All the data should be synchronized, and it should be hard for anyone to get out of sync now and your stats should be updated within 10 minutes of your logging off if you stay off. If you log back in right away it may not change your stats until your next logout.

The top 50 list is useless without knowing levels anyway.

Not for people's ego's.

The Top 50 (etc) list can be effectively used for several things. What I like it most for is an example of comparison between skills. When players can have A/Ds in the 100s but Summoning / Crafting are only half that, it does show somethings like difficulty and usefulness of those skills.

Also, if you had ingredients and wanted some high end items made, you could look at the top people in that skill and approach them. Some will make just for the XP + ingredients alone.

And now the top pages have been changed to match the theme of Eternal-Lands.com along with links to jump to specific Skills.