Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Enyo

Goddess Suggestions

Guest Enyo

1.) Remove raw meat from the ingredients of feasting potions so that this is a more realistic potion to make in mass quantities... more cost effective. Raw meat is not an item we can easily harvest (Infact we can't harvest it at all and most people want to use it to summon, not make a feasting potion). Substitute the raw meat with an extra fruit or veggie. Lower the food requirement to make it because currently it cost more than srs in food requirement and we are using feasting potions to make yet more feasting potions. We usually get 4 potions to each one we use.

2.) We need a NPC potion seller on C2

3.) The #beam command shouldn't work on C2 for C1 and we need a #beam just for C2.

4.) Someone mentioned we should have C2 rings but I disagree.. We need to explore C2 because there is much to be discovered this way. Its an adventure just to get to C2, especially for someone new.. even for me.. I make it like a special journey... going to C1 to get things I need.. stock up, etc ..going to the wraith.. and then I head back hom to C2. I love it.

5.) Random exits from C2 hell.. would be fun and interesting.. meaning one would never know where in C2 they would enter from exiting C2 hell (Excluding PK maps).

6.) Later when the sound engines are updated, I would love to hear church bells in the towns.. not every hour or even every 30 minutes like in the French town that I live in but how about every 6 hours?

7.) Finally.. keep the wraith where it is.. we need a reason to go back to C1. :)

Edited by Enyo

1) This would probably be a good idea, as I doubt that anybody will pay over 10gc (maybe exceptions when in bulk) once they are stackable.

4) It would seem to me that their value would be increased and they would be more useful if they could work on Irillion.

5) I agree that it would be pointless to have C3 rings right now, considering that it doesn't exist, but C2 rings would be nice, especially when Irillion is finished. They wouldn't stunt discovery, they would just save a trip to the portal room.

6) I like it, although it'd be hard on the person dieing if they came out in a snow map (cold damage), or a PK map (like Kasumura) or a map with dangerous creatures (Like Bethel), or a map with all three (like Hulda). Otherwise, its a good idea imo.

7) A bell toll every new day would be cool.

Edited by Dunian

Guest Enyo

4) It would seem to me that their value would be increased and they would be more useful if they could work on Irillion.

(OK then.. have them not work on C1 and only on C2.)

5) I agree that it would be pointless to have C3 rings right now, considering that it doesn't exist, but C2 rings would be nice, especially when Irillion is finished. They wouldn't stunt discovery, they would just save a trip to the portal room.

(I didn't even notice I put C3 instead of C2 :) )

6) I like it, although it'd be hard on the person dieing if they came out in a snow map (cold damage), or a PK map (like Kasumura) or a map with dangerous creatures (Like Bethel), or a map with all three (like Hulda). Otherwise, its a good idea imo.

(excluding PK maps)

Edited by Enyo

Guest Enyo

I altered my original suggestions. Here are the new updated ones:

1.) Remove raw meat from the ingredients of feasting potions so that this is a more realistic potion to make in mass quantities... more cost effective. Raw meat is not an item we can easily harvest (Infact we can't harvest it at all and most people want to use it to summon, not make a feasting potion). Substitute the raw meat with an extra fruit or veggie. Lower the food requirement to make it because currently it cost more than srs in food requirement and we are using feasting potions to make yet more feasting potions. We usually get 4 potions to each one we use.

2.) We need a NPC potion seller on C2

3.) The #beam command shouldn't work on C2 for C1 and we need a #beam just for C2.

4.) Someone mentioned we should have C2 rings but I disagree.. We need to explore C2 because there is much to be discovered this way. Its an adventure just to get to C2, especially for someone new.. even for me.. I make it like a special journey... going to C1 to get things I need.. stock up, etc ..going to the wraith.. and then I head back hom to C2. I love it.

5.) Random exits from C2 hell.. would be fun and interesting.. meaning one would never know where in C2 they would enter from exiting C2 hell (Excluding PK maps).

6.) Later when the sound engines are updated, I would love to hear church bells in the towns.. not every hour or even every 30 minutes like in the French town that I live in but how about every 6 hours?

7.) Finally.. keep the wraith where it is.. we need a reason to go back to C1. :)

Edited by Enyo

Few thoughts of my own:

1.) It would be more cost effective, and nicer on players - but I get the feeling they like the semi-forced money drain the way it is.

2.) Agreed. (Not that I'm on Irilion much, but shouldn't there be NPCs there that play similar roles as on Seridia (as far as shops go)?)

3.) Disagreed - as I understand it, #beam is supposed to be a debug command for when you get stuck on a map, instead of having to call a moderator, you can unstick yourself (by going to IP) and continue playing. If I am right, then Irilion maps would likely have MORE need of such command than the Seridian maps which we've played on for longer, IMO. Counter-suggestion: What if there was a #beam location on Irilion?

4.) Disagreed - IMO, it would be nice for most (if not all) "outside" maps had rings. If/when Irilion rings come out, though, I would presume that they shouldn't work except from an Irilion map (due to Sarma (sp?)).

5.) Disagreed - There are problems with random exits from the underworld, IMO (as Dunian said). Maybe if it was limited to "safe" maps - nonPK, no monsters stronger than, say, gargoyle-level, and not freezing would likely be good.

6.) Agreed - though I don't see why every hour is that much a problem. Would be nice if there were two tunes per town - a "reveille"(sp?) and a "taps" tune, played at sunrise and sunset, respectively. Maybe a chime on the hour during daytime when in town could work. Also, further extention, could we make different tunes based on what race is supposed to have settled that area (limited to larger settlements - for example, I'd include WSC and TV, but not Grahms or Lakeside). A few thoughts - Human towns could use kind of like a clarrion; Elven towns could use "woodsy" tunes, maybe even something kind of like tribal music for Orchan settlements.

7.) For the current Wraith, yes, he needs to stay put. Another idea I had awhile back was a separate Irilion "Wraith", who would need a MAJOR quest done before he would offer you any service, and even then, I'm not sure if it should be like the "full service" the current Wraith supplies.

Guest Enyo

Few thoughts of my own:

6.) Agreed - though I don't see why every hour is that much a problem. Would be nice if there were two tunes per town - a "reveille"(sp?) and a "taps" tune, played at sunrise and sunset, respectively. Maybe a chime on the hour during daytime when in town could work. Also, further extention, could we make different tunes based on what race is supposed to have settled that area (limited to larger settlements - for example, I'd include WSC and TV, but not Grahms or Lakeside). A few thoughts - Human towns could use kind of like a clarrion; Elven towns could use "woodsy" tunes, maybe even something kind of like tribal music for Orchan settlements.

7.) For the current Wraith, yes, he needs to stay put. Another idea I had awhile back was a separate Irilion "Wraith", who would need a MAJOR quest done before he would offer you any service, and even then, I'm not sure if it should be like the "full service" the current Wraith supplies.

I changed my post to say "The #beam command shouldn't work on C2 for C1 and we need a #beam just for C2." I LOVE your suggestions for 6 and 7 ..except that I think every hour might annoy some people and thats why I suggested every six hours but I guess there could always be a poll.

Edited by Enyo

We really need this. Some person told me it worked on Irilion(my third time their i did not know better).

Guess what happened....

We really need this. Some person told me it worked on Irilion(my third time their i did not know better).

Guess what happened....

The #beam command is mainly in place to supply a way to escape bugs in maps. Once the bugs are gone there is no need for a #beam command.

Edited by Derin