Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jjk

myotonic dystrophy/Reality

If anybody can help me on these two subject pleaswe reply, and if its what im looking for i will reward you INGAME

for school :)

like defenitions, history...

EDIT:

... I was at achool and looked to see if anyone replyed, then the librarian came whree I was with printed screen shots of the forum *slaps face* i lost computers for 2 weeks LOL how can i covence her it was for schhol?

MYOTONIC DYSTROPHY is an inherited disorder in which the muscles contract but have decreasing power to relax. With this condition, the muscles also become weak and waste away. Myotonic dystrophy can cause mental deficiency, hair loss and cataracts. Onset of this rare disorder commonly occurs during young adulthood. However, it can occur at any age and is extremely variable in degree of severity.

The myotonic dystrophy gene, found on chromosome 19, codes for a protein kinase that is found in skeletal muscle, where it likely plays a regulatory role.

An unusual feature of this illness is that its symptoms usually become more severe with each successive generation. This is because mistakes in the faithful copying of the gene from one generation to the next result in the amplification of a genomic 'AGC/CTG triplet repeat', similar to that found in Huntington disease. Unaffected individuals have between 5 and 27 copies of AGC/CTG, myotonic dystrophy patients who are minimally affected have at least 50 repeats, while more severely affected patients have an expansion of up to several kilobase pairs.

LOL! When you play the game you tend to forget that other people have a real life too. Having just read a thread on physics I fall right into biology 8)

Sam are you a doctor or just a good internet researcher or both?

I having just studied this two years ago still had it fresh at hand, and I was hoping you missed something.......well you didnt lol. Somethings that I didnt even know lol.

im 14, i have no place as a doctor, im still at school, im just very knoligable exept in spelling :)

myotonic: pertains to tonic muscular spasm, as differentiated from myokinetic spasm

myotonic dystrophica: A hereditary disease characterized by muscular sating, myotonia, and cataract

Also called myotonic atrophica or Steinert's disease.

From Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, 18th Edition