Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Lord of the flies day

Big problem is the range of a/d it will cover. a+d=120 means <a/d> 60/60 (<x>=avarage value).

I'm in early 80s with fair p/c. What means quite a lot players would die to me (if I decide to go for it). Though, there are lots of players in <a/d> at 90/90+ to whom I would die easily (if they decide to go for it).

All in all, this day would mean that stronger players would kill weaker ones. Same as in any pvp area.

I would prefer seeing it in way, somebody else had suggested in this topic, only ppl with <a/d> lower than their target can initate the fight. It would be a bit more interesting, but would bring another problem, how to count the p/c?

This day (if introduced), will surely lead to the lowest amount of players online at one time in a very long while :P I think its a great idea though :omg:

Edited by Tropicano

Well, we'll have ether that or the new 1337 ores will be in a PK cave.

Because it is my impression that we have very little PvP in the game.

I wonder why, maybe because of cooldown?

Edited by Ice

Thinking seriously about that day, and what i can do then when i reach 120 a+d (im 110 now), i always find myself on Isla Prima and cant leave because some strong fighers are camping at Lakeside docks.

Why IP? Well, i would #beam over there or, if someone kills me, its the exit of the underworld on c1.

And i cant leave because some ebul pkers will wait for sure at Lakeside docks and transfer me back to underworld.

What can i do on IP? Not much, there is no storage, so i cant get new stuff or tele rings to leave. I can heal by eating food from the veggie patch.

What will happen to ppl who die on C2 btw? Is it worth then for pkers to camp at the graveyard?

Anyways, for C1 i suggest to make the Whitestone map save too.

Why?

1. There is a storage + several shops

2. It has more than one exit

3. At least you can do there more than on IP

So, with access to a storage now, i can heal, sit down there and do manu/alch/pot or whatever i like, grep some essences for portal room spell or rings and go to other maps if i need.

IP = 1 exit, easy to block with a few strong players

IP+WS = exit to tyrim/grubani/mm/portland/nc/tg + portals room + rings. Not easy to block.

Just my 2 cents,

Piper

Guest Enyo

Thinking seriously about that day, and what i can do then when i reach 120 a+d (im 110 now), i always find myself on Isla Prima and cant leave because some strong fighers are camping at Lakeside docks.

Why IP? Well, i would #beam over there or, if someone kills me, its the exit of the underworld on c1.

And i cant leave because some ebul pkers will wait for sure at Lakeside docks and transfer me back to underworld.

What can i do on IP? Not much, there is no storage, so i cant get new stuff or tele rings to leave. I can heal by eating food from the veggie patch.

What will happen to ppl who die on C2 btw? Is it worth then for pkers to camp at the graveyard?

Anyways, for C1 i suggest to make the Whitestone map save too.

Why?

1. There is a storage + several shops

2. It has more than one exit

3. At least you can do there more than on IP

So, with access to a storage now, i can heal, sit down there and do manu/alch/pot or whatever i like, grep some essences for portal room spell or rings and go to other maps if i need.

IP = 1 exit, easy to block with a few strong players

IP+WS = exit to tyrim/grubani/mm/portland/nc/tg + portals room + rings. Not easy to block.

Just my 2 cents,

Piper

Excellent input and I couldn't agree more. I think also that Idaloran or however to spell it would make a great safe haven for c2.

ok the way i understand this, ONLY the players with a+d 120 or higher will be pkable, and will only be able to attack each other right?

If this is the case then everyone below 120 a+d is safe and has no reason to bitch.

You guys that dont fight or pk..you bitch when the fighters get something thats fun for them..Just like fighters bitched about peace day....If you dont wanna fight dont play that day!..thats what you guys said to us when it was peace day..so tough luck..the game is never going to please everyone..gotta take the good with the bad..just do something else for the day or go do something irl.

I do agree that these days are too long tho..should be more like 3 hours, so that those that dont have alot of time don't get stuck for a whole 6 hours doing nothing.

in which every player with an attack+defense>120 will be PKable in any map except for the underworld and IP.

However, only players with an attack+defense>120 will be able to initiate the fight, so someone with a smaller attack+defense will not be able to attack you.

ok the way i understand this, ONLY the players with a+d 120 or higher will be pkable, and will only be able to attack each other right?

If this is the case then everyone below 120 a+d is safe and has no reason to bitch.

Yes, this is how I interpreted this too.

the difference, however, is that fighting is one of many things you can do. if fighting isn't available, there are many other things you can do (even if it doesn't take 6 hours, even the top PKers may need to spend some time stocking up, etc)

this, on the other hand, would make the game very much fighting oriented. it's not like they can just do something else till the day ends, they have to fight or be killed (the 2nd will be pretty common)

now, I do fight. I'm not high enough that this'd get me... yet. I'm getting close though. it'd be a reason to give up on part of the game if that was the only way to avoid the nonsence. I don't, however, PK. that's something that a lot of people just aren't able to comprehend, I know, but I don't think I should be subject to their type of play if I'm gaining skills to fight/from fighting monsters (that RP thing. I'm a defender agaisnt the minions of mortos, etc, not there to kill other players)

Edited by ttlanhil

lol, just an idea i got after reading ttl's post:

Why not have a special day called "PKers paradise". Everybody can then use "#pk on" to make himself pkable and "#pk off" to be not pkable anymore.

To make it not too abusive, or, more interesting, you can type #pk off after at least 30 minutes you typed #pk on. And you cant fight on a map where a storage NPC is.

Who wants to PK, can do it, who not, has nothing to do with that day.

Piper

It would be a bit more interesting, but would bring another problem, how to count the p/c?

Could it be based on some sorth of math like iknow uses, where "fighting strength" is calculated?

I got the same idea from what was said - however, being rather close (51/58 a/d), AND Entropy having called for opinions, I think I have every right to speak. Peace Day - Laborers in the game have TWO such days - Fasting Day and Labor Day. Labor Day is obvious, Fasting Day may not be, but you try making stuff on an empty stomach. Ok, Fasting Day affect fighters, they need food to regenerate - but potions work too...

EDIT: typo fixing.

lol, just an idea i got after reading ttl's post:

Why not have a special day called "PKers paradise". Everybody can then use "#pk on" to make himself pkable and "#pk off" to be not pkable anymore.

To make it not too abusive, or, more interesting, you can type #pk off after at least 30 minutes you typed #pk on. And you cant fight on a map where a storage NPC is.

Who wants to PK, can do it, who not, has nothing to do with that day.

Piper

Actually, I like this idea, but as an everyday thing (if you can ban it from around storages and IP, of course) - let everyone decide for themselves if they want to be a target for PK everywhere, and let them fight it out wherever they choose... now it's sounding to me like the "dueling feature" that was suggested awhile back...

Edited by Arnieman

ok..then how is that fair that people can choose wheather they want to pk or not, but the fighters have no choice whether they want peace or to fast?? kinda one sided if you ask me

ok..then how is that fair that people can choose wheather they want to pk or not, but the fighters have no choice whether they want peace or to fast?? kinda one sided if you ask me
the difference, however, is that fighting is one of many things you can do. if fighting isn't available, there are many other things you can do (even if it doesn't take 6 hours, even the top PKers may need to spend some time stocking up, etc)

this, on the other hand, would make the game very much fighting oriented. it's not like they can just do something else till the day ends, they have to fight or be killed (the 2nd will be pretty common)

and
Peace Day - Laborers in the game have TWO such days - Fasting Day and Labor Day. Labor Day is obvious, Fasting Day may not be, but you try making stuff on an empty stomach. Ok, Feasting Potions affect fighters, they need food to regenerate - but potions work too...

one sided? hmm...

Isn't this how a normal day is already? You choose if you want to PK or not - either you go into KF (or other PK-zone), or you don't. Same with every other skill - you summon, or you don't; you cast or you don't; you mix, or you don't. Limiting one skill is one thing, promoting one to detriment all is another.

i agree :)

btw now peace day came up again i was wondering when this lord of the flies day gets implemented

so when is it going to be implemented? :)

never? i hope, because this idea sucks imo.

someone with 60/61 a/d has a+d > 120 also and can also be pked by a lvl 100/100 a/d

I had almost forgotten about this, lol. I thought it would be awhile before I was Attack plus Defense = 120+ But I am now 57/67 . I think the day might not be so bad besides. I will just go naked that day, lol. Heal people on Ip or something. The more I think about it, I think it could be fun. Like hide and seek.

I would rather see a random day where every player becomes pkable but can attack / be attacked by players within 10 a/d his level. ( Or only if the difference in a+d is < 20).

In it's original form this day would only be fun for the elite pker class.

Actually i wouldn't mind some kind of restrictions in attacking players on pk maps... but this has been suggested already enough times....

I would rather see a random day where every player becomes pkable but can attack / be attacked by players within 10 a/d his level. ( Or only if the difference in a+d is < 20).
well... it's not quite as repulsive as being forced to become PKer-bait... but it's still forcing the player to be a PKer (yes, I know, you can just 'get lost' and not play that day, or stick to a safe place... 'PK or get lost' is close enough to 'have to PK' though)

It is one day, and it has a fairly low probability of coming up (20% that one of how many days will come up?)

Also, I don't have an problems with a day where you are effectively forced to fight. There are days when you are forced not to fight.

I actually think it would be kinda fun to see if I could escape to a remote corner of a map to continue my work. However, I agree that this should only be for a maximum of 3 hours, and WS would have to be safe so you can try getting to various different maps.

I'm actually looking forward to the challenge of this day and I hope it gets implemented.

It is one day, and it has a fairly low probability of coming up (20% that one of how many days will come up?)
irrelevant, to me. if it happens at all, it's bad
Also, I don't have an problems with a day where you are effectively forced to fight. There are days when you are forced not to fight.
which is not the same thing. even PKers have other things they can do. EL is supposed to be special because you can do so many different things. it's not really true, of course, since you need harv and alch to do most other skills, and fighting is really a focus, but that's the theory. of course, this idea will make the fighting worse (and yes, PKing is something that some players will strongly object to... I like EL because I have choices. force me into a skill, and I will not be happy... force me into a viewpoint like killing other players instead of co-operation, I will be even more displeased)
I'm actually looking forward to the challenge of this day and I hope it gets implemented.
it might be 'fun' the first time or two, if you didn't have plans... it'll get tiresome soon enough, unless you're one of the top PKers on the hunt, who isn't as likely to be killed

edit: on the topic of fairness to PKers, since there's days when you can't fight... not only is it not the same, we already have days that do the same to other skills. there's a no harv day, and a no eating day. so there are days that stop you doing all skills. but there's no days that force you to do one skill, and neither should there be

Edited by ttlanhil

Guest gosc

, I came up with the idea to add a "Lord of the flies" day, in which every player with an attack+defense>120 will be PKable in any map except for the underworld and IP.

Excellent, do it :evilgrin:

Personally, I agree with ttl. There are days in which each skill is not possible. In fact, labor day and day of fasting *both* prevent maufacturing, potioning, and alchemy.

Fighters are only *prevented* from fighting by one day. Day of Fasting does prevent natural healing of fighters, but they can still be healed or heal themselves with either magic or potions. You simply cannot use manu window when your food level is 0 or below.

Therefore, I feel those who prefer not to fight are already already *more* negatively affected by random days than those who choose to fight.

I happen to do all skills, and am trying to even them up. My a+d is not high enough to be affected by this anytime soon. But I do feel this is making an already more disadvantaged (by random days) set of skills even more so, and therefore is not a good idea.

Tigs

If, given a million monkeys plugging away on a million keyboards, one monkey could type it out once, that is too often for me.

There is one day that forces you not to fight. There is two that force you not to manufacture - one that absolutely forbids manufacture, and one that limits it so severely as to make it impossible. If PKers can live through a labour day of a fasting day, I can't see why that isn't fair trade for a peace day.

That is, unless you want a day that forces you to do nothing but manufacture.

As I said earlier, it is one thing to restrict one skill; it's another to promote one to the detriment of others.