Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Lord of the flies day

Inspired by this thread: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21954 , I came up with the idea to add a "Lord of the flies" day, in which every player with an attack+defense>120 will be PKable in any map except for the underworld and IP.

However, only players with an attack+defense>120 will be able to initiate the fight, so someone with a smaller attack+defense will not be able to attack you.

What do you think?

Edited by Entropy

Inspired by this thread: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21954 , I came up with the idea to add a "Lord of the flies" day, in which every player with an attack+defense>120 will be PKable in any map except for the underworld and IP.

However, only players with an attack+defense>120 will be able to initiate the fight, so someone with a smaller attack+defense will not be able to attack you.

What do you think?

personally, i love it. and i don't think it could have come at a better time :icon13:

We are having a bit of a discussion in my guild. Could you please clear this up for us. Does this mean that only players with att+def>120 can attack and be attacked, or does it mean that players >120 can attack players with att+def < 120?

Guest Enyo

Why only 120 + ? Why not say 100 + or even 95 + ? I think there are only 2 people who are 120 + .

We are having a bit of a discussion in my guild. Could you please clear this up for us. Does this mean that only players with att+def>120 can attack and be attacked, or does it mean that players >120 can attack players with att+def < 120?

Thanks for asking that question because I'm a little confused myself.

Why only 120 + ? Why not say 100 + or even 95 + ? I think there are only 2 people who are 120 + .

Thanks for asking that question because I'm a little confused myself.

Huh? There's a lot of people with a+d>120 :icon13:

Basically the whole a/d top 200 would apply. And even lower people.

Edited by Ornitorrinco

There might only be a few people who have one skill over 120, but there are many with att 60 + def 60 = 120. :-)

I would have to suggest balancing it somehow. All maps are multi-combat for the day for those of us who don't stand a chance (att 25, def 24), so that we can join together to maybe last about 10 secs more.

Edited by Torg

While still waiting for an answer to my question, here is another proposal: Only those with A+D>X can be attacked, but anyone can attack them. That way mulitple lower players could gang up on higher players.

Inspired by this thread: add a "Lord of the flies" day, in which every player with an attack+defense>120 will be PKable in any map except for the underworld and IP.

Can we make this 120 so it is always at least 1 higher than me! Otherwise I might just have to make sure I dont reach that level :D

Actually i wouldn't care if it was a no drop as well then you can kill me whilst i mine

Edited by Flinto

My thoughts:

Personally, yuck on this day. However, I am all for "fair is fair" and if we have a Day of Peace, this is obviously the counter day. Maybe all animals can attack you as well :D

But!!! These days need to be made shorter, maybe 3 hours. It is an incredibly long time for some of these days which are pretty drastic and can really drag down a game day. I think if you break it down into "day" and "night" you will find all of this will go over a lot better.

My thoughts:

Personally, yuck on this day. However, I am all for "fair is fair" and if we have a Day of Peace, this is obviously the counter day. Maybe all animals can attack you as well :D

[/code] Yes.

But!!! These days need to be made shorter, maybe 3 hours. It is an incredibly long time for some of these days which are pretty drastic and can really drag down a game day. I think if you break it down into "day" and "night" you will find all of this will go over a lot better.

Uhm! This could be interesting, this way we could have the also some other random things like "The bandits night" or something like that, you get the idea...

I 'vote' for yes.

What if someone who had less then a combined AD120 summoned a Chimeran/Fluffy? Would that attack (since it supposedly had >120)?

Guest Enyo

Sorry, I was confused.. I didn't pay attention to the + sign.. :D Of course people who were less than us or greater than us would be able to attack us because as someone said most of the top 50 is over 120 .. I also LOVE the idea!!

Will this be multicombat or not?

Edited by Enyo

Works for me, by 2009 I'll be able to join the fray! Nix to the day/night split for me though, if it's only certain situations it will be confusing and for all situation days it will be too short for the good ones.

Nix to the day/night split for me though, if it's only certain situations it will be confusing and for all situation days it will be too short for the good ones.

Well it could be "Blah blah blah Night" or "Blah blah blah Day"...and you can't have 6 hour good days and 3 hour "bad" days...6 hours is too long imo for things like fasting day and peace day.

i like the idea but what about all those poor weak players that would love to join in the fun but cant? how about all the a+d=120 are pkable and the ones that dont meet that requirement can choose to be pkable (but only players with like a/d can attack each other like w/in 10 lvls of each)

My thoughts:

Personally, yuck on this day. However, I am all for "fair is fair" and if we have a Day of Peace, this is obviously the counter day. Maybe all animals can attack you as well :devlish:

I agree with that totally.

I don't see much use of this day, especially if its only those with 120+ a/d. If it were 70 or 80/80 a/d, I think its more worthwhile.