Eternal Lands Official Forums
Infamous

peace day

some1 pls explain what are we supposed to do while peace day is going on.

i'm a fighter harvesting isn't my thing.. so don't come up with crap like that.

seriously you let half EL do nothing while peace day..

other bad day's you still have sumthing to do but with peaceday not :/

so explain why take the fun away with this peace day?

i think because we want you fighters to get off your lazy buttocks and care to try what the people providing you ess and pots go through all day :P the real heroes in PK maps are the people behind the PKers.

the potioners, alchemists and manufacturers and crafters.

go scouting, find places that may be better pickings for when you can fight again.

or go see the arctic chim, taunt it, and not have to run from it.

spend the day building your stocks. it's a good time to buy potions, essences, etc, even if you don't make them yourself

and of course, you can do stuff that isn't fighting-related, but I've shown that evne the fighters have something to do

As a wise man once said " It could always be worse". Some ideas on what to do. Role play :)( watches a hc cringes) . Creating a contest can always be fun. Spending time with friends or girls can be very fun( if you have any). Go recruiting for your guild( if you have one). Go read the forum... wait your already doing that. Go to some adult or other channel to have fun there... Buy some fighting stuff to kill enemies faster.(ei: brs srs rop). Hey we should create a box, 1000 things to do if your bored in EL :) .

Fighting with them, though, is just very spectacular way for #suicide.

Honestly, I understand PKers whining about Peace Day, but on the other hand the rest of community is particulary happy with it, since they can do some scouting, etc. in PK areas.

Got to take the good with the bad... or the good days with the bad days.

I don't remember too many complaints about the day where people don't drop items. With a day like that, you got to expect an opposite.

So for six hours you had to learn a new skill or find a life *shrugs*

EL is not just about fighting, something that has been said many many times before. I was planning to spend the day in the garg caves, but instead I went off around the map trying to do the wraith quest. It was a good day really and as Kit said, no one moaned about the no drop day, or the scholars day. So just take the days and go and find something to do.

Peace Day is as bad for fighters as Labor Day (no mixing) is for manu/summon/potion/craft ... I think it is fair.

Get a girlfriend?

:D:D:D

:)

pwnd

Guest stalag

Get a girlfriend?

:):D:D

I went to bed early my wife was suprised :D For me more peace day the better ! :DB)

EL is not just about fighting, something that has been said many many times before. I was planning to spend the day in the garg caves, but instead I went off around the map trying to do the wraith quest. It was a good day really and as Kit said, no one moaned about the no drop day, or the scholars day. So just take the days and go and find something to do.

I totally agree. I was quite happy to see that EL is not all that fighter-oriented. I loved roaming the PK-areas (allthough I felt a little upset since the day started one hour after I ran for my life in Tahraji Desert to do the wine quest).

Had a great day, stayed up late to enjoy all the more of it.

If a n00b enters IP and tells me "I just wanna fight, gimme a sword" I always reply: "go play Diablo". This is a RPG, not a fantasy fighting game...

The only disadvantage I see is that not one newbie who starts the game will continue playing. Who is going to want to play a game where everyone says go kill rabbits and improve your fighting, and then you try to do it and 'No fighting!'

The only disadvantage I see is that not one newbie who starts the game will continue playing. Who is going to want to play a game where everyone says go kill rabbits and improve your fighting, and then you try to do it and 'No fighting!'

Please tell me you're kidding?! Well, why would everyone tell a newbie to kill rabbits on a day of peace anyway?!

And why can't those same people just explain that the game gods have an effect on the days and sometimes here are random events?

Then teach them how to harvest and do quests.

Please tell me you're kidding?! Well, why would everyone tell a newbie to kill rabbits on a day of peace anyway?!

And why can't those same people just explain that the game gods have an effect on the days and sometimes here are random events?

Newbie Quest, part 3 - 10 rabbits/beaver furs - with the day of peace impossible to make in 6 hours.

I think I've mentioned it once already and still I don't see any good solution. This is really not good - we're telling newcomers to do the Tutorial Quest and even most n00bish people are able to finish this quest (if not got stuck on something like wrong flowers) in 3 hours - with this day it's impossible to finish in 6 hours.

Then let's encourage exploration - a sort of free ticket to get acquainted with the game! :)

On the other hand - it's 6 hours of frustration:

"wtf?! they want me to do <censored> Tutorials and I can't cos of <censored> day of peace <censored> <censored> <censored> <censored>"

Bah... I can imagine it would drive me crazy.

Edited by vanyel