Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
algunar

land condition

ok this idea could kinda link in with the new #day idea. basically there could be random days/hours/minutes where a country or city, eg.naralik, has a good or bad day. the #day idea could say the rest.

so for example:

you log on. you get a message saying: 'the valley of the dwarves has been seriously damaged by the attack led by mortos yesterday, you may not be able to get many resources from there today' 'players will harvest flowers 5 times slower and will not be able to fight any animals there as none survived'

or

you get a message saying: 'trade has increased greatly in whitestone city meaning more items in stock and cheaper sales' 'anything you buy there costs 2 times less than normal'

or (dont read on if you get my point)

you get a message saying: 'portland was blessed today by gods, death has been reduced by 50%' 'for every minute you are there you gain 5-10 material points depending on your food level'

hope you like it!

Edited by algunar

Hey this is teh great! :) I would love to see this implemented, would add more dinamism to the game since each map has its own little story. Luv it :D

Sounds like a great idea to me. Though it could mean that some maps get swamped on good day, then again, somin bad on VOTD might make it a bit quieter:P.

Would be good if you had it when you jumped to that map, but could get a bit annoying to have a large blue text coming up everytime you go back there. Overal very good idea!

I like this idea, however not all days should work like this.

I'm still not very sure how the 'scholar day' works, but it seems to affect random skills with random percantage - it can't be cut only to one map.

Couple reasons:

wouldn't be fair to all players;

may cause uber lags;

Try to imagine,

'Isla Prima was blessed by Glydoc, today all fighters will get there +20% to their attack skill'

Ok, that's great, but who are these fighters? There are only really weak creatures - not many would have any profits of such day.

'Isla Prima was blessed by Glydoc, today all fighters will get there +20% to their attack skill'

Ok, that's great, but who are these fighters? There are only really weak creatures - not many would have any profits of such day.

well dont do isla prima. try to think where players would benefit most, or lose out most.

This should probably be for all maps except IP, don't want newer players to get scared away from negative events.

This could perhaps be indicated by a symbol on the bottom left of the screen where you normally see the poison or shield icons, click it and the message would show up.

There could be normal daily effects that are primarly minor, such as the weather conditions hindering your accuracy or cloud cover making it easier to see

And there could also be major effects that are less common and happen at random but generally about once every 30 game days. These would be more dramatic like the idea of gods blessing an area for +5% extra exp, or perhaps a certain kind of animal is breeding and twice as many spawn up on that day, or perhaps one of the monster races could be at peace meaning that they won't attack players that don't have MM or high enough defense.

Edited by TheComet

Actually, I kind of like this, Have the "Random Days" based on the map and/or city we are in. This could go a lot of ways and Ill try to list some here.

Global Random days With/out Map days

Map Days with/out Global days

Only Map OR Only Global days.

Or any number of combinations of the two.

Now, I agree with vanyel, some things are just not practical for certain maps, other maps should have certain special days that only affect them. For example, Isla Prima could have some good weak map exp improvements/reductions (WEAK) or none at all. However a strange and hardly used map such as Tahraji Desert could have unique individual days such as Sand storms or War day, (As there is a large encampment in that map for some unknown reason) The ideas are easy to come up with and after some balancing I think people will like it as much as the Global random days.

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong place, I performed a search and this thread was the closest to what I was looking for...

Another idea for a random day...

Don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but can't hurt to mention...

What about a "Revenge of the Ants Day" ?

-ALL ants online at once during this day

-Ants can attack ANY player (ok, maybe don't let them on IP, of course)

-Ants are pk-able for this day

I thought it might add an interesting little twist....

What do y'all think?

Shall

Its a good algunar and shallarara the only baad thing with that is that if a newbie goes to explore the word with all his/her stuff and poff an ant with for example 50 a/d comes from no where and attacks the newbie lose all his/her stuff