Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Separating EXP gain from Item creation

Hm, the idea of mastering an item you're making is an interesting idea too. You only get exp for that item until you reach a certain lvl. You get no more exp from it because you've learned all you can-mastered making it.

You can think about changing the exp system to the system of fighting ... The higher your a/d gets, the less exp you get, never give 0 exp but let it drop with some points the higher your level is, so people who are lvl 25 manufactering would only get like 9 exp per leather helm. This is also an excellent idea to get people of from the 'easy' thing to lvl, but I think this idea only will make the game harder, and people will still mass produce but not on leather items, but on swords/shields/etc, so their need to be thought of other things too ... :confused:

Hm, the idea of mastering an item you're making is an interesting idea too. You only get exp for that item until you reach a certain lvl. You get no more exp from it because you've learned all you can-mastered making it.

You can think about changing the exp system to the system of fighting ... The higher your a/d gets, the less exp you get, never give 0 exp but let it drop with some points the higher your level is, so people who are lvl 25 manufactering would only get like 9 exp per leather helm. This is also an excellent idea to get people of from the 'easy' thing to lvl, but I think this idea only will make the game harder, and people will still mass produce but not on leather items, but on swords/shields/etc, so their need to be thought of other things too ... :confused:

did you ever level a skill other fighting and maybe harvesting ?

Think twice, they will make 4 leather helms instead of one, or other thinks like this, and whats the profit for the market?

did you ever level a skill other fighting and maybe harvesting ?

Att: 51

Def: 56

Har: 53

Alc: 59

Mag: 30

Pot: 36

Sum: 26

Man: 20

Cra: 29

OA: 78

I'm not a 1 skill player in this game, so I think I know what i'm talking off :confused:

Think twice, they will make 4 leather helms instead of one, or other thinks like this, and whats the profit for the market?

From a certain moment, all the runs for leather/and the runs to trik, the loss by selling it, ... will get people away from the leather helms ...

simple solution to reduce overflow:

let every thing you craft/potion/manu/whatever give the same exp so people don't make the thing that give most exp so the market overflows with that item that gives most exp

If everything were made to have the same exp, then I would forget about making hard stuff and just do FE's forever . . .

Sincerely... I think that you see items prices going lower everytime and think that making items more rare will solve it... There's no need at all for something like this, but sure it could be used to get extra exp when you're at that area.

I don't think this brings any realism at all... making an item yourself will give you experience as well...

But well, just my humble opinion: I don't like it.

Well I really don't like the original idea..... IMO this would just allow everyone to level all the skills, and nobody would need to buy stuff on the market, when they can make it on their own. I guess taking your own ingredients might really help out if you got increased exp, but was not allowed to keep the final product. I still believe that you should get exp for making items outside of these areas. Maybe I'm wrong, but the items flooding the market are mostly the items used to increase manufacture skill level. These items require about the same amount of time to make, as do the single use items, but stay in the game much longer than single use items. If you want to reduce the amount of items on the market you need to greatly increase the time required to make these items... and increase the experience earned while producing these items. This will in turn have a side effect of an abundance of bars and essences on the market. The best way to fix that problem would be to lower the exp that is earned to make these essences and bars. Players would stop making them for experience, and only make them for the market value and market demand. Maybe this is flawed.... not sure, it’s just my opinion.

If you want to reduce the amount of items on the market you need to greatly increase the time required to make these items... and increase the experience earned while producing these items.

I agree with this 100%. I think that it is crazy that a person spends an hour getting food, mining, making essences, and making bars, and then after all of that, be able to make a sword with it all in only 2 seconds, and only get 100 exp points for it. It should take maybe 30 minutes to make a sword, and give you maybe 10,000 exp points for it. This would reduce the flood of items on the market, yet allow manufacturers gain experience at about the same rate.

If there wasn't such a flood of items, perhaps we could sell our produce on the market, and not have to sell them to Trik at less than the cost of the materials and take big losses.