Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
flinto

Stealing Pick Points

I have had an idea to allow pick points to be dropped when they have not been traded at the wraith. They should only be droppable when somebody dies and represented as a token in the death bag. This token when loaded into the inventory adds a pick point that can be traded at the wraith (of course it could be dropped). This will make hellspawn even worse!

The pickpoints available should be shown in brackets after the persons name

The idea is when somebody has a pick point (or gains one in a PK area) they become a target for others to steal it. This then becomes a game of pass the pp with many high lvl fighters desparately fighting for that spare pick point. PK maps should not be able to be teleported out of to enhance the dread. Players could then go into the pk map (with pps) hoping to draw lesser characters to give up some of their own (with the risk of losing them)

To add a little more excitement if you fight somebody with a pp available and lose then you carry the risk of losing that number of pickpoints from your character

There is one problem that I can forsee and that is how do we stop players creating a surrogate character that will be used to pass on pick points? Well we could limit pp lose to characters that have an OA > 50

Anyway it is now time for the knives to be drawn and for me to be blindfolded and stood against the wall with a baloon between my legs..

Andrew (who through that?)

I see this being abused by players creating characters with droppable pickpoints, and then going to get PK'd just to transfer the PP's to the uber PK'rs. The strong will get even stronger faster then now.

I see this being abused by players creating characters with droppable pickpoints, and then going to get PK'd just to transfer the PP's to the uber PK'rs. The strong will get even stronger faster then now.

There is one problem that I can forsee and that is how do we stop players creating a surrogate character that will be used to pass on pick points? Well we could limit pp lose to characters that have an OA > 50

Hopefully this would require them to spend a lot of time investing to pass on the pick points (which of course could easily be stolen from them if they did. Yes I agree it is an issue which is why I added this statement to try and stop it. You could also make it againgst the rules and the mods could watch for it like they do trading an bag swapping from the same IP address

I don't like this idea at all. Pickpoints are an arbitrary thing in the game. You cannot trade pickpoints, you cannot buy pickpoints and you cannot sell pickpoints. They just "are", so you shouldn't drop them either

Add in the fact that it can take months for non fighter types to gain OA as you start creeping in on OA100.

Sorry, not a good idea.