Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ruln

Smaller Inventory Window

I did a search on this and didn't find anything. I tried several varians of "smaller inventory window" so...

I generally run EL at 1280x1024. Even at that resolution the inventory window gets in the way. It's really large. By contrast I find the storage window to be a very nice size. I'd love to see the inventory window scaled down to a similar size. I tend to have a lot of trouble in combat because the current inventory window gets in the way. IE, I'll kill a monster, pick up its bag and have to stop to close the inventory window. Meanwhile another monster that I was about to attack has wandered away and I have to chase them. Or the monster wanders behind the inventory window before I can close it and then off the screen...

Heh I have that problem too. I think it has been suggested, but there were size issues I think about the images...i'll try to search and see if anything can be found.

Here is what I do to deal with it:

I load up my inventory from right to left rather than left to right or top to bottom...so I can move the window off the screen (on the left side) except for the first couple columns on the right side in which I put everything I need. I have more SR's in slots off the screen but that gives me 2 or 3 columns seen and most of the inventory window out of sight. When I have a few potions left, I quickly move another bunch over to fill up the empty slots during the wait between monsters.

Of course you can do it the reverse as well if you prefer the window on the right side of your screen, just load up the columns on the left of the window.

Not the best solution, but at least it gets a LOT more of the window off the screen.

well, it actually is smaller at 800x600 and below, which is a Good Thing because the space is more critical. I think making the quickbar work better would be a better solution here, wouldn't it? if you can use all your stuff withough inv open then it's not in the way?

I hadn't realized the window was smaller at the lower res settings. I had noticed the smaller images for the storage interface though which is what got me to thinking about this. The quickbar actually works reasonably well for me. The main issue is really with picking stuff up in combat. Though if the inventory window were smaller I'd be more likely to leave it open as it is kind of nice to be able to see everything.

Heh I have that problem too. I think it has been suggested, but there were size issues I think about the images...i'll try to search and see if anything can be found.

Here is what I do to deal with it:

I load up my inventory from right to left rather than left to right or top to bottom...so I can move the window off the screen (on the left side) except for the first couple columns on the right side in which I put everything I need. I have more SR's in slots off the screen but that gives me 2 or 3 columns seen and most of the inventory window out of sight. When I have a few potions left, I quickly move another bunch over to fill up the empty slots during the wait between monsters.

Of course you can do it the reverse as well if you prefer the window on the right side of your screen, just load up the columns on the left of the window.

Not the best solution, but at least it gets a LOT more of the window off the screen.

I do it just like this too ;)

Sorta related to this, but people seem to say that the problem is that the inventory opens when you click on a bag... Is this really nescary. Most of the time I kill the monster, click on the bag, and just grab what i want. The inventory window opening up is of no real use to me. And even if I do need it, a quick CTRL+I and it is there. If only the bag window openend then there would be a lot more room on the screen to go chasing your next monster.

Sorta related to this, but people seem to say that the problem is that the inventory opens when you click on a bag...

if you turn off config->controls->item window on drop, does it still open inv window when you open a bag? (it does for me, so if it doesn't for you then it looks like it's fixed for the next version)

though that option could probably do with a better description :)

Edited by ttlanhil

But if you turn that off aren't you stuck when it comes to picking up monster drops when the monster obscures the bag?

well, yes, then you need to ctrl+i again if you access the bag by dropping something... but inv opening when you grab a bag is optional