Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Master_Templar

Named death bags

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before. If it has, you have my apologies. I think that death bags should have the name of the person who dropped it attached to it. This would make it eaiser for kind hearted people to return the bag to the owner.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before. If it has, you have my apologies. I think that death bags should have the name of the person who dropped it attached to it. This would make it eaiser for kind hearted people to return the bag to the owner.

Has been..use the SEARCH feature next time

I still get surprised how the SEARCH option is impossible to spot! I have suggestion due to it - make it bigger, and veery pink.

Not for nothing, but, I wouldn't take the proffered apologies from a Templar lightly.

It's a valid idea, and a noble one. I'm an advocate of DB rescue and return, but the nametag might just invite more snickering from the Snidley Whiplash types who enjoy swiping DBs. Not only do they delight in making off with another players hard-earned goodies, but they get to know who the goodies belonged to. More info for the evil mind to gloat over, not to mention in-game rivals recognizing others possesions....

That, and it might take some hefty programming to accomplish...

Noble idea, regardless!

I think that the previous times this came up, it was decided against because

a.) It makes bagjumping your enemies easier

b.) It's yet another thing to program, and we're short on programmers lately :)

There were other reasons as well, but I can't remember them.

Personally, I wouldn't mind the apology at all if it followed "I tried to search, used *these* search words (fill in the blanks) and nothing came up..." (if nothing really did come up) :) But in place of a search knowing darn well a search wasn't done...*shrugs*...(I think I commented on that issue before as well...my apologies for not bothering to find the link.)

Yes it's come up multiple times and for multiple reasons has been turned down. The bottom line is this: Deathbags occur for a reason. And manufacturing with bags was never in the plan, just a nifty little side effect that people can take advantage of and we never chose to eliminate. If you use a bag, you are taking a risk and that is intentional. It isn't your god-given right to use a bag and be guaranteed of its safety. And if you die, it is supposed to be a little bit bad. If you manage to get your bag back, you should be thanking your lucky stars that you were fortunate enough to get it back because that really wasn't the plan either.

We cannot emphasize enough:

--If you aren't willing to lose it, don't put it in a bag.

--If you aren't willing to lose it, don't wear it/carry it when fighting or harvesting (mother nature). We have storages for a reason.

And that IS intentional.