Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Ok, should the cooldowns stay or not?

Guest seldon

YES, Keep it!

But make Feasting pots stackable!

BTW, why not making ingame polls ?

Seldon/MKVL

I've never seen on this evenly divided either...

And since the poll is NOT of a random sample of people (people self-select by deciding to read the forum, and then by deciding to vote), the margin for error is probably larger than the spread. That means it's a dead-even tie until/unless the difference gets larger than 5% (or perhaps more).

I was led to believe by someone that FPs would not become stackable. Knowing this now, I'd vote yes if possible.

(And don't say I should have read all 120+ posts in this thread at the time of voting)

The problem with the democracy is that a lot of, shall we say, not informed people vote.

That happens in the real life as well, and there are lots of examples where the democracy came to it's absolute worst.

As I was saying, for me the cooldowns are not really that important, and if the majority votes for them to be removed, is not like I will lose any sleep over it. I have more important things to worry about, and this will even give me a little more time to work on a side project of mine.

@bkc56 I would say that everyone in the game knows about this poll, as it has been announced quite a few times in the game. So yeah, the whole community can vote.

While the current situation is almost a tie, there are still more people chosing for the cooldowns to be removed, and if by the end of 6th of January, EST time the majority is still for having them removed, then so will it be.

I voted "yes." As a player who made his living in-game as an alchemist, I viewed the cooldown with a great deal of trepidation. After having lived with it for the trial period, and considering future tweaking, I honestly believe the game will benefit from it. While it's true the PKers can't have the SR-chugging slugfests of days gone by, overall gameplay is improved, IMO. Also, I must admit I'm looking forward to the new toys....

:D

I had to vote no. I would have voted yes if feasting pots were stackable.

they're going to be made stackable :/ gah lots of people don't read much :D

Actually I already knew of the plan to make fp's stackable. I simply voted according to how the game is at the time of the vote rather than how it might be in the future.

What about the people taking back their votes or accidentally voting for one?

IRL, you can't just go to a polling staion and say you want to recast your vote. Voting is very important in a democracy, therfore the people should be very careful when they cast their vote.

I just wanted to chirp in that I think this poll is a little flawed, the new items should be added first, then we should be casting our votes.

Which would have happened if people didn't prematurely bitch about the cooldowns, against my instructions.

Yes, this is a form of collective punishmnet, but hopefully next time you will decide to actually respect some of my not so unresonable wishes.

Which would have happened if people didn't prematurely bitch about the cooldowns, against my instructions.

Which would have happened if ppl where able to read and not only read your initial posting and then click on on "reply". Or were even able to read rojas posting in the middle of the thread. :D

<smartassmode off>

Piper

Guest alobar

Cooldown balances gameplay,forces people to fight in pk maps(i am a fighter and i can only comment on fighting) without the endless spamfeast of srs and dis rings and with 2 secs subtracted here and there it will be good for everyone.I was also opposite to another "negative" update but now i can see the nessecity and voted yes.But its 1 thing cooldown will have a negative effect and thats the economy/market witch is allready broken anyway and it will take other measures to fix it.

I also have the impression,from entropys posts,that this is not only about cooldown but a confidence vote towards the el dev team.He clearly says that the new programmed updates/items wont come and that he will use less time on el if this poll results to a negative rulling.Even if this is an indirect "blackmail" who of you want the devs to spend less time or not add new items/features in to the game?

And last about complaing.Ofcource people complain,one can never please everyone.I think its difficult or even impossible to demand a non complain reaction from every single player in the game.Players are different they have different opinions ,sometimes an update feels to them like a thorn in to their feet.You cant expect them to wait 1 month to scream.Everyone also has bad and good days,shouldnt be joudged by a single moment of outburst.Do you want only players following you and agreeing with everything you do/say?What reaction we demand from people and how they actually react is something totally different and everything has to do with mutuall respect and tolerance.It is far too tempting to believe that we ourselfs are the embodiment of truth and right and everything else is an aberration.

I promise you though that the amount and severity of complains here its nothing compared to other games.But also in other games they never complain about updates but about the lack of them.

Anyway read carefully entropys posts before you vote,i voted yes.

I also have the impression,from entropys posts,that this is not only about cooldown but a confidence vote towards the el dev team.He clearly says that the new programmed updates/items wont come and that he will use less time on el if this poll results to a negative rulling.Even if this is an indirect "blackmail" who of you want the devs to spend less time or not add new items/features in to the game?

The thing is, the cooldowns were but the first step into making EL more strategic. The next steps would have been more special weapons, shared vision, limited vision (such as for fog, night, perception, etc.) and possibly a non engaging combat, with the posibility to flee at any time but with enough spells and items to make that hard. Stuff such as a stun and paralyze spell, etc. And ultimately a few movement speeds.

Obviously, if those things are undesired by the players (and it is my observation that mainly the fighters disagree with the cooldowns) there is little point in me wasting my time with doing something people will hate, so I can spend my time doing thing I like. That doesn't mean we will stop working at EL, but there will be no really new stuff too soon. By new stuff I mean changing how things work, not just adding a new map, a few new monsters, etc.

was kinda bitchin about it in the beginning but it sounds kinda good now X.x

Ent if you want ur wishes to be fulfilled you can alway's implement the new spells etc and test those for a week before voting..

btw the vision thing with fog won't work i think since you can just turn fog off.

Edit: you got me being positive about cooldown dun stop now :D

Edited by Hardcore

was kinda bitchin about it in the beginning but it sounds kinda good now X.x

Ent if you want ur wishes to be fulfilled you can alway's implement the new spells etc and test those for a week before voting..

Yeah, because I really enjoy spending a few months to put all this together and then the players to bitch like there is no tomorrow so I'll have to remove them.

btw the vision thing with fog won't work i think since you can just turn fog off.

The thing is, the cooldowns were but the first step into making EL more strategic. The next steps would have been more special weapons, shared vision, limited vision (such as for fog, night, perception, etc.) and possibly a non engaging combat, with the posibility to flee at any time but with enough spells and items to make that hard. Stuff such as a stun and paralyze spell, etc. And ultimately a few movement speeds.

Obviously, if those things are undesired by the players (and it is my observation that mainly the fighters disagree with the cooldowns) there is little point in me wasting my time with doing something people will hate, so I can spend my time doing thing I like. That doesn't mean we will stop working at EL, but there will be no really new stuff too soon. By new stuff I mean changing how things work, not just adding a new map, a few new monsters, etc.

I'm wondering why you are telling this now, when you would have told this when the cd test started, more people would have stayed calm, etc ...

Maybe you wanted to keep it secret but there were a lot of question why this has been added, most people thought because of bad market and so on ... and so the fighters felt bad, I still like the idea of cooldown etc but we don't know what to expect in the future so I think it's hard for us to make a good decission!

The only thing I would like to ask is a little more transparacy in the ideas (also the future ideas) so we could think about new ideas, like cd, and so would estimate what the effect of the new items/tactics are ...

This is not meant as bitching, it's more meant to be constructive :)

Anyway, I still love the game, for almost a year :D

I'm wondering why you are telling this now, when you would have told this when the cd test started, more people would have stayed calm, etc ...

Maybe you wanted to keep it secret but there were a lot of question why this has been added, most people thought because of bad market and so on ... and so the fighters felt bad, I still like the idea of cooldown etc but we don't know what to expect in the future so I think it's hard for us to make a good decission!

The only thing I would like to ask is a little more transparacy in the ideas (also the future ideas) so we could think about new ideas, like cd, and so would estimate what the effect of the new items/tactics are ...

This is not meant as bitching, it's more meant to be constructive :)

Anyway, I still love the game, for almost a year :D

AFAIR, I did let everyone know about my plans on this very forum, a few months ago. It is not my fault that people don't read stuff.

If I wanted the cooldowns to affect only the manufacturing and related skills, I wouldn't have placed cooldowns on combat related items, no?

I follow this new 'feature' since it was announced, and i'm still wondering where this has been anounced ... Oh well, I might be blind :D

Anyway keep up the good work, and I can understand you feel sad when everyone starts bitching about something :)