Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Ok, should the cooldowns stay or not?

:D Yes!!!

OK! Having said that... let me add my 2gc worth plz? When cooldown 1st was implemented, I was/am an alch/potioner/manu kinda guy. It was new, & I didn't understand how to work WITH it... that is a learning process! Learner??? Are you listening??? YES! That was a deliberate bad pun! :wink:

I'm not too keen on having pots of feasting stackable... It kind of puts everybody on an even playing field! I can just see some guild tank being given a mitfull of gold, going to Mira and buying thousands of PoF's to feed their army!

New items (to be added in conjunction with cooldown) will be really cool! (no, that wasn't meant to be another really bad pun!)

BUT... The cost/price of various manufactured weapons & armors need to be seriously increased to cover the cost/time factor of making anything decent! And a few of the items, particularely jewelry need to have the amount of food subtracted decreased at least a little I think... there are some like sun medallion that are way out of whack with the rest of things like weapons & armor in relationship to their true market value...

Sorry for being so long winded! But I thought some serious analysis of the issue would be in order... there are a lot of newbies out there voting 'NO' just because they are too lazy to try and work within the system. I particularely like the cooldown system, not so much on the food end, as the potion end (like SR's) because it helps level out the playing field just a little bit...

:don:

I vote yes keep cooldown, at first i didnt like it but its got more good points than bad live with it.

Im not such a newbie in game only to forum.

Edited by oromis

i wish cooldown would leave /what the use of playing you can't make half the stuff now with the cooldown on it be fine if it off the food i just don't eat in the game and it hard to deal with the potions on fighting and i just learning how do some the stuff and this went down hill

and the wants it look at the beginers and the one is learning to play the game befor you think voteing

there begging for half the stuff they need

:):icon4::icon4::icon4: NO NO NO

edit by aisy: Please let's keep the fancy font to a minimum...it hurts people's eyes (especially when it doesn't work).

Edited by Aislinn

If you decide to reply to this thread, in addition to voting, then just reply with "yes" or "no". No IFs, no BUTs, not question marks, no nothing. Anything other than: "I want the cooldowns to stay" or "I want them to not stay" will be deleted, and there is the chance you will get a 1 month ban from the game if you post anything but that.

Oh, and Happy New Year!

:)

Is there any way to change your vote? i accindently did 'no' and i do want it to stay, i want new items

Guest Morcul

I voted Yes. There will always be resistance for major changes, but I believe Cooldown should stay. It encourages to more active play, and I like that.

If the majority votes no, then the cooldowns will dissapear and everything will be as it was before, including the manufacturing delays.

Obviously, some of the new items I planed to implement (the coding was even done for them) will not be implemented because they were designed to work in conjunction with the cooldowns. Without the cooldowns, they are too powerful and will not be used. I am not going to tell you what those items are, not until this poll is closed, on 6th of January. I am not telling you because a lot of you bitched about the cooldowns before the "no bitching month" expired, and if you think your actions have no consequence, well, think again.

Obviously, the half mana required for summoning animals insdide the 'summonary' will not happen if there are no cooldowns.

If the majority votes yes, then we will perform some minor tweaks (nothing really big, just a few seconds here and there) but we will have some really cool new items in the game that will make the combat much more interesting, especially for fighters, mages and summoners.

dont u like new summons, armor, weapons, spells?

Edited by EleKtriK

This whole vote is a pretty good indicator as to why EL isn't generally a democracy. And given the way it is going I hope this is the last time we have a vote on something like this. I may not always agree with what the developers do, but at least I know people with a good understanding of the game are making the decisions.

Guest Erphyr

I vote yes.

Are you sure than 1 vote = only 1 player ? Do you compare IP adress ?

I agree with Ruln about not putting things to a vote. Anyone who does not read enough to know that FPs will be stackable should either not get to vote or votes should be changeable up to the last day. Anyone who thinks feasting potions cost to much is simply not paying any attention to the game at all. There is an easy way for even newbies to pay for feasting potions. If people would just put some effort in to playing instead of whining about not having everything handed to them on a silver platter this vote would go the way it should go. Vote yes to cooldown because it is a thousand times better than the old system. Everyone who built their characters dependent on potions is getting handed a mulligan with the tweaks planned for the cooldown system. Everyone should be voting yes for cooldown.

Tirun I know what you said Entropy but having cooldown removed would be a tragedy. I hope enough persons come to their senses and make it stay.

i voted yes, knowing feast pots stackable is good. only thing that i think needs tweaking is sr and rings, mainly diss ;)

feast pots make it really easy to make stuff especially when everything is 2 sec to make. It is easy to make bars and sr now