Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Ok, should the cooldowns stay or not?

I want them to NOT stay, and all my guildmates (13 of them) are behind this vote (they're not comming to this forum, so I am just relaying their opinion).

Please make them come to the forums and vote, i dont think Entropy has the time t oread evry reply here and look only to the results

i just wish the cooldown just go }it is very hard for a newbie that just starting how to learn this game and i was haveing a hard time with it makeing he's and sr and all the other stuff and some times i get were i just want quit playing but i like the game :icon14: just think we never had a change to say no to it sorry and ty for just listening but i love this game

Edited by Entropy

I say YES. Keep the cooldown. And no I dont like cooldown, its a serious pain for me. But I suppose faster ess and potions is worth the thousands, and thousands of gold coins I spend on non stackable feasting potions.

Guest Enyo

I wasn't here a month to truly experience it but for the 3 days that I did experience it, it was a nightmare when training because the cooldown on the srs took too long. My vote is "no" for the moment although Entropy has spiked my curiousity about the added features/items (he's such a tease). This reminds me of the USA Congress and how a bill is passed. A fictional example: A bill to implement more funding to the "school arts project" will only be passed if the new "highway tax bill" is passed because the "school arts project" is attached to the "highway tax bill", etc.

Edited by Enyo

Obviously, some of the new items I planed to implement (the coding was even done for them) will not be implemented

I voted Yes,

As ead, no new items are going to be implemented, thats bored, the game has to few items and need many more, cooldown should stay or everything will be to easy and everyone could get high levels fast like alchemy or manufacture, cooldown is a part of E-L, without cooldown market will be much more competitive because everyone will be able to manufacture cool items.

-And a Happy New Year-

-AttE-

EleKtriK

I voted NO because I think having cooldown is good for people with a lot of money they can spend on potions of feasting, but what about poor guilds and peoplhe who have just started to develop their characters? They simply cannot afford enough potions to make stuff they will need...

I don't think cool down should because it makes it very hard to make HE's and many other things

if cooldwon stays it should at least be less time. or HE's shhould not take as much food away.

i voted no.

Guest grunwald

I hated cooldown initially, but now see how it is one partial solution to balancing the game. I'd rather see more content and a faster pace than slowing things down. I don't do any fighting so my comments are limited.

people that say the cooldown makes the game to hard are right... ent, think you could update everyone's stats and knowledge so that we can all make tit axes with a perfect rate? the game would be so much more fun if we all had easy lvls. 200 people on the market advertising full plate sales is a great idea. and wandering into kf, where everyone can summon chims would be a blast, especially if it took no effort to be able to summon them.

I have sat silently on the cooldown issue, though I have to admit I had some worries about it initially.

However given tweaking I believe it is the best path forward, so have voted it should stay.

My main concern was summoning, being a skill Im activly working on, but given the origonal post, that is fixed.

pkers well, I amnt one so can only partially understand their difficulties, however with new items to introduce strategy into pking... looks like anoter closed down argument.

mixing based skills excluding summoning.. I mix. lots, I can live with the cooldown system. at alch 78, I know this area. but my fingers wuuld love stackable fp's, so I can hit ctrl-1 when I want to eat ;-)

All in all though, I advocate the continuation of cooldown.

well thats my thoughts, and Im sure Il take flack from many of my closest friends for supporting it.

Tough. dont noise this thread. just pm me ingame or on forums to tell me how much you hate me supporting it.

I voted YES. Cooldown makes EL more real and difficult, with pain and tears we try to level up our skills, but what happiness it makes. I love that! And cd is not so hard as many people say. EL is MMORPG! Think about that. We should not just play but more roleplay! And cd succours that. This is not only a game.. this is our second world.

To be honest, it is far less work for me if the cooldowns go, it's a matter of just recompiling the server without a compilation flag.

I voted yes, but let's just say that I won't be sad if the overall vote turns to be no. I'd have more time to do fun things (not EL related).

I voted No.

Cooldown failed about market and mass production... and about more strategies, I dont see all these strategies when we need to make only feasting potions for to go ahead.

Blodoks

..with cool down is EL in pk maps like diablo in 2-4ppl on LAN :) ....before cool down was EL more action...

And my friends will come back to game if cool down wont stay on :)

so i vote no!

let it stay!!

so we can get new items ^_^

-kat

I already did, but they are not registered, and almost all of them are now off-line because of New Year... only we too addicted to the game are here now I guess. :)

I already did, but they are not registered, and almost all of them are now off-line because of New Year... only we too addicted to the game are here now I guess. :)

Well, obviously we will not count those votes. You can't go IRL and a polling station and say: "Umm, my 10K friends would also like to vote for this guy but they have better things to do than come and vote, so I will just vote for them".

only we too addicted to the game are here now I guess. :)

Or those not going anywhere.

I'm tempted to vote each way, some new items and only minor time adjustments don't seem enough to pull me in, though..

I'll be going No, but waiting to vote on the last day, incase more or differant information is given.